Waiting Asylum decision

I just tired get emails with messages not related to the topic even close

If you interpret the meaning of the sentence then the scope includes everything starting from filing and ending the final decision.
Besides, It's not up to you to decide what people should post here. Please be considerative of others as this thread is 200 page long and there were hundreds of people and different issues not related to this topic at all and everyone is mindful of each other and try to help each other, no one has ever complained. If you are tired of getting email consider turning them of, put your phone to silent or create your own new thread so people can follow your concerns only and help you in your dealings. Good luck!

Hello everyone!
Since about 10 day and my EAD clock is frozen on 1370 and never changed till today. I am wondering what does this mean when design is pending but clock is frozen?
Anyone knows?

Hello everyone!
Since about 10 day and my EAD clock is frozen on 1370 and never changed till today. I am wondering what does this mean when design is pending but clock is frozen?
Anyone knows?
Does it say clock is running or it just froze on a specific day? If it is frozen then it means nothing and some kind of glitch

Your family based immigration has nothing to do with HIV. In fact, don't even bring HIV up because they may deny your visa on the grounds of public charge.

You cannot obtain an immigrant visa from overseas solely because of having HIV.[/QUOT
Should i tell the physician about my hiv status during the immigrant medical examination. My sponsor who happen to be my elder sister is an RN nurse and she said she will be responsible for my health insurance or what advice can you give me?

Your health status should not have any negative or positive consequences. Health status is one pillars and protected by anti discrimination laws which means government entities should not make any decisions based on your health status. There is an exception for contagious diseases which can put citizens in danger. HIV is not amongst them.
On personal side, I wish you the very best and good luck. Be strong!
Thanks but what is your advice during my immigrant medical examination and during my immigrant visa interview......My sponsor who happen to be my elder sister is an RN nurse and she said she will be responsible for my health insurance or what advice can you give me?

You have never seen because it has not happened to you. So it is similar to my case and that is why I said so.
Can you share your timeline and your office?

Looks like your first person here who have this status in this case. So you never got status "interview scheduled" and how long you had status "application is pending"?

Thanks but what is your advice during my immigrant medical examination and during my immigrant visa interview......My sponsor who happen to be my elder sister is an RN nurse and she said she will be responsible for my health insurance or what advice can you give me?
My advice is IF they ask you then you tell the truth no matter what. Honesty is the key in American Immigration System. You should never lie about anything. Millions of immigrants with different illnesses had come to USA so don't worry that it will affect officers decision about your case. It will not! Good luck!

my first hearing is on june 4th 2020 but when i check my with them over the phone about my first case it says your master hearing is on 2022 may .. but i didnt got any mail regarding the first???? reply will be appreciated

your hearing will not be on june 4th because courts reopen on june 12th so you will get a rescheduling notice for sure.
it seems that you've been rescheduled until may 2022 which is insane!!!!!
please double check using this website ( https://portal.eoir.justice.gov/InfoSystem/Form?Language=EN ) enter your A number WITHOUT the "A"
you'll see your master hearing date, judge name ..etc
if it shows may 2022 god be with you , that's a really long time :/
can i know your office please ?

your hearing will not be on june 4th because courts reopen on june 12th so you will get a rescheduling notice for sure.
please double check using this website ( https://portal.eoir.justice.gov/InfoSystem/Form?Language=EN ) enter your A number WITHOUT the "A"
Boston office. I checked it through there phone number . alien number several to be sure . the above link is not working for some reason . But it seem may 2022 will be my master hearing ..

Boston office. I checked it through there phone number . alien number several to be sure . the above link is not working for some reason . But it seem may 2022 will be my master hearing ..
write EOIR automated system in google and open it from there
Boston is packed. also, i think courts " unofficially " working under the FILO system.
for now to be honest i recommend to LIVE YOUR LIFE, get your work permit, your ID, live normally and don't think about it.

try this link https://portal.eoir.justice.gov and click on automated system

hi Guys,

My schedule for Master Hearing is June 17. Is there a special thread that discussing the process at EOIR, advice, or anything need to be specially prepared for this stage? Anyone could share experiences about it?

I will be attending the hearing with my lawyer and she told me to be relaxed, and she will do most of the talking at this stage, but still I'm quite nervous. Thanks in advance.

Cheers and stay safe!

hi Guys,

My schedule for Master Hearing is June 17. Is there a special thread that discussing the process at EOIR, advice, or anything need to be specially prepared for this stage? Anyone could share experiences about it?

I will be attending the hearing with my lawyer and she told me to be relaxed, and she will do most of the talking at this stage, but still I'm quite nervous. Thanks in advance.

Cheers and stay safe!

I don't know any threads for that tbh but it's a fairly uncomplicated process ( for us not for our lawyers ) and they do most of the talking. Master hearings are just short ( less than an hour ) to just schedule your individual hearing, your lawyer will do everything on the day of the hearing so for now just relax.

on your individual hearing, your lawyer will also do everything BUT will give you questions that you might get asked during the hearing and you have to prepare for them by practicing. Also, the judge will ask you questions. don't worry, when that day comes your lawyer will surely give you step by step preparation and you just have to follow it.

I'm on the same boat, my master hearing was june 2nd but got rescheduled until july 16th. try to chill for now and stay positive.

I don't know any threads for that tbh but it's a fairly uncomplicated process ( for us not for our lawyers ) and they do most of the talking. Master hearings are just short ( less than an hour ) to just schedule your individual hearing, your lawyer will do everything on the day of the hearing so for now just relax.

on your individual hearing, your lawyer will also do everything BUT will give you questions that you might get asked during the hearing and you have to prepare for them by practicing. Also, the judge will ask you questions. don't worry, when that day comes your lawyer will surely give you step by step preparation and you just have to follow it.

I'm on the same boat, my master hearing was june 2nd but got rescheduled until july 16th. try to chill for now and stay positive.

Thanks Maryam. I got the schedule through the link that you posted earlier.

I don't know if this has been asked before or not, but is there an open-to-public statistical/historical data about the past ruling from each immigration judges in EOIR? I mean, if we are allowed to know that our judge is tends to approve/reject cases at EOIR stage (historical percentage?).

I know each case is unique/different, but it just crossed my mind if this kind of data is can be found, just like Supreme Court Judges or Criminal court judges rulings that open to public. Thanks.

So, how it looks like for interviews; LIFO or FILO ? Anybody got interview recently?

I don't know if this has been asked before or not, but is there an open-to-public statistical/historical data about the past ruling from each immigration judges in EOIR? I mean, if we are allowed to know that our judge is tends to approve/reject cases at EOIR stage (historical percentage?).

I know each case is unique/different, but it just crossed my mind if this kind of data is can be found, just like Supreme Court Judges or Criminal court judges rulings that open to public. Thanks.

Yes there is :D
https://trac.syr.edu/immigration/reports/judge2018/denialrates.html

I wouldn’t worry too much about that , as you said every case is different and fraud in asylum cases are high that’s why denials can be overwhelming. If your case is strong and your lawyer is smart you’ll eventually get approved!!

So, how it looks like for interviews; LIFO or FILO ? Anybody got interview recently?

Interview for USCIS are definitely LIFO.
In court it’s more complicated because people who got rescheduled due to COVID-19 have the priority. For other people it depends on the volume of cases the court got, and I believe they still work under FIFO. The minute they get your application from USCIS they will schedule you for the earliest date possible but unfortunately due to high volumes in some states the “ earliest “ takes years.

Every decision of the court in the United States is codified and open for public. All of them consist of detailed description of the case and then legal reasoning of the judge. Reading a legal case is fairly complex process and if you don't have US legal education then you will not understand what a judge wants to say. Searching for an individual case with similar facts involve tough process called "Legal Research" and the most detailed cases with opinions and dissents of court judges can be found in systems like LexisNexis, Bloomberg or Westlaw of Thompsons Reuters. I'm not sure whether they are open to public or not, I was given access codes during my law school education. But I'm sure there are tons of free resources to search for cases, they will not be fully detailed however.
Remember even your case will be available to public and probably the name of the case will be something like "United States v. "Your surname" ".
Searching for a case requires typing specific keywords, in specific order with specific symbols and choosing specific jurisdiction and court type.
In other words, as Maryam said unless you are a lawyer or have legal education, just sit back and relax. Trust your lawyer! Be prepared to tell the facts of the case whenever asked and thats it. If your case falls under the standard of asylum then you will be granted if not then there is nothing you can do about it. The burden of proof is on you and your lawyer. Government doesn't have such burden in asylum cases. They do have such burden in criminal cases.
Under a Legal Standard there are 2 basic requirements and one or more grounds out of 5 to be eligible for the judge to grant asylum.
I suggest you to be in touch with your attorney, reread your entire case several times, practice with your family members or witnesses if any and be calm. Good luck!

Last edited:
The phone status is considered official record. Just to be safe, you can always drop by at the immigration court, and request your case records from the clerk of court. The clerk of court is the same person/team that enter information into the automated phone system...they have the true, original record of the judge's decision/ regarding the scheduling of your master calendar hearing. Good luck.