Waiting Asylum decision

Hi everyone! I went to pick up my decision today after 2 weeks in NJ office. unfortunately, they didn't find me eligible for religion asylum and they deny it for lack of supporting details on my statement and credibility. however, they gave me 16 days to submit the rebuttal and new evidence. I'm in tremendous stress now and I'm starting losing it and I feel I lost everything and same time I can't live in my home country cuz of my religion. Please if you had or seen the same situation like this (16 days bonus) share with me and also if you think it's a good thing they gave me these days to resubmit again. and anyone who approved after second chance? thank you so much and really need your help pls.and btw I'm on opt status
1 hour interview is not good, they initially knew they will deny it.
I can.t get how can you have such an oportunity and fk it up?
People are waiting 5 years for just the interview, you had it in couple weeks and didn.t get approved.
Please don.t even try to go without an attorney to represent you, get all the proof they need and get an approval for god.s sake.
Good luck and don.t play with your future!

People are waiting 5 years for just the interview, you had it in couple weeks and didn.t get approved.
Please don.t even try to go without an attorney to represent you, get all the proof they need and get an approval for god.s sake.
I don't think one hour is a bad thing. I had my interview less than an hour and got approved.

Same here one hour or half it doesn’t matter about the time of the interview as much as the case itself maybe he didn’t have much of evidences that support his case. Mine I remember it was an hour or little bit more and got my approval

I did my interview about religion asylum but my question is what kind of evidence we can show about changing our religion? Nothing

I did my interview about religion asylum but my question is what kind of evidence we can show about changing our religion? Nothing
sources :
1.that shows your government will harm or kill you
2. Your family may harm you about changing your religion
As I know Iran is a muslim country and in islam if you change your religion and go back to it they have to kill you(this is what i heard and know)
3. Pictures that support your case info too
4. Try to know about the religion that you are in right now he may ask you something about christianity and you don’t know the answer so study and read more about it
5. Try to show and tell him/her (the officer) which Church you go to a lot

So there are many ways to have a religion evidences.

You can’t just go and say oh i changed my religion and i want to get approve... officers are smart and well training to know you are saying the truth or not
He or she may ask trick questions and see if you know the answers or no
Read the Bible and in the end show them that you really changed your religion not just to get an asylum approval <sorry to say that
Anyway I know this is a hard time for you but try your best fight for your rights make sure to have a really really really GREAT attorney not one just looking for money and he or she doesn’t care this is your life and your future

Wish you all the best @sunny89

I filed my asylum application on November 13, 2018 and passed the interview on January 9, 2019. I am waiting for my decision and my case has been pending for 179 days.
I'm afraid, can anyone share his experience with me? thank you

Claiming asylum is a difficult process...esp. on issues of privacy. Normally, people don't like talking about their private life. Unfortunately, in order to get asylum, we have to be open about everything. Evidence to show that I have changed religion? Here is what I would submit:

Evidence that I was a member of religion A:
1. Letter of affidavit from my old imam/pastor
2. Letter of affidavit from members of my family, friends
3. Evidence from church attendance
4. Old pictures of me wearing my religion attire, pictures while attending religion events
5. Old registrations showing my name, my religion listed.

Evidence that I have changed my region from A to religion B:
1. Affidavit support letters from church friends/members
2. Affidavit letters from imam/pastor
3. Pictures showing me in my current religion attire
4. Affidavit letters from friends and family

My point in all this is that, if you say you were a member of religion A or B or C....show the AO the evidence. It it were me, I would submit a million letters of support from friends, etc. The objective of winning an asylum case is to PROVE that everything you say is correct. The only way to do that is to provide EVIDENCE for every statement/claim you make. Make the file 200000 pages long with evidence of everything. AOs have no sympathy about what we say in the interviews, they only care about evidence.

I hope this helps and good luck.

Thank you so much guys really appriciate it, i already did my interview on August 2018 and the officier already knows about my country that when you changed your relegion they kill us and also they know about all conditions about most of the countries, so there is no need for evidenced and the officer asked me about the address of the church and the name of pastur which i go to, and also why i am interested about christianity and also i told him what had happen to me but i do have any evidences about them and he was asking me about my declaration and after my interview my attorney said you put him in good vision about what happened to you .

My Attorney didn't tell me the statement I wrote first time not good with details so AO mentioned this in his decision that I didn't have enough supporting details to support my claim. And about FKing up you don't know me, unfortunately, I always have tremendous anxiety in a tough situation and can't think and speak well. because I'm on OPT I have 14 days to submit new evidence and detailed statement. I don't have the option to go to court. I hope my detailed statement and new evidence help me to get approved.

sources :
1.that shows your government will harm or kill you
2. Your family may harm you about changing your religion
As I know Iran is a muslim country and in islam if you change your religion and go back to it they have to kill you(this is what i heard and know)
3. Pictures that support your case info too
4. Try to know about the religion that you are in right now he may ask you something about christianity and you don’t know the answer so study and read more about it
5. Try to show and tell him/her (the officer) which Church you go to a lot

So there are many ways to have a religion evidences.

You can’t just go and say oh i changed my religion and i want to get approve... officers are smart and well training to know you are saying the truth or not
He or she may ask trick questions and see if you know the answers or no
Read the Bible and in the end show them that you really changed your religion not just to get an asylum approval <sorry to say that
Anyway I know this is a hard time for you but try your best fight for your rights make sure to have a really really really GREAT attorney not one just looking for money and he or she doesn’t care this is your life and your future

Wish you all the best @sunny89

Thank you so much for your reply. I already did my interview 3 weeks ago and got my deny last week. Because I'm on OPT they don't refer me to the court I only have 14 days left to submit a rebuttal or new evidence. My first statement apparently was too general and had lacked material details and my useless lawyer didn't tell me it's not good enough. I'm writing a detailed supporting statement now and more evidence I hope this time I get approved. And I was wondering if anyone here you've seen gets approved after referring to a court or 16 days notice.
Thanks so much

Thank you so much for your reply. I already did my interview 3 weeks ago and got my deny last week. Because I'm on OPT they don't refer me to the court I only have 14 days left to submit a rebuttal or new evidence. My first statement apparently was too general and had lacked material details and my useless lawyer didn't tell me it's not good enough. I'm writing a detailed supporting statement now and more evidence I hope this time I get approved. And I was wondering if anyone here you've seen gets approved after referring to a court or 16 days notice.
Thanks so much
Hey @sunny89 I can relate about the anxiety. I don't know about NOID a lot but I think at this particular moment you should calm yourself down and don't let the thoughts consume you. God has given you another chance to resubmit your case with all the necessary evidence you have on hand. I can understand a lot of people might say anything and everything. All I know is its just a matter of luck, some get good AO officers and some don't. Now focus, get a good lawyer to help you with your case if you have to, use everything in your power to become successful in your case. God is with you . Good luck!!

Hey @sunny89 I can relate about the anxiety. I don't know about NOID a lot but I think at this particular moment you should calm yourself down and don't let the thoughts consume you. God has given you another chance to resubmit your case with all the necessary evidence you have on hand. I can understand a lot of people might say anything and everything. All I know is its just a matter of luck, some get good AO officers and some don't. Now focus, get a good lawyer to help you with your case if you have to, use everything in your power to become successful in your case. God is with you . Good luck!!

Thank you so much EdTad! I'm trying my best to make a kickass detailed statement now since I obviously couldn't do it verbally during my interview. Hopefully this time everything goes well and my case gets approved.

Thank you so much EdTad! I'm trying my best to make a kickass detailed statement now since I obviously couldn't do it verbally during my interview. Hopefully this time everything goes well and my case gets approved.
I am not saying DO IT but if you want you can go to the doctor tell him/her about your anxiety and he/she may give you a medicine for it so you can take it before you go to the interview but make sure won’t effect your focusing on what you are gonna say or answering the officer’s questions

Good luck and update us

I am not saying DO IT but if you want you can go to the doctor tell him/her about your anxiety and he/she may give you a medicine for it so you can take it before you go to the interview but make sure won’t effect your focusing on what you are gonna say or answering the officer’s questions

Good luck and update us

Thanks Adamd! I already did my interview 3 weeks ago and after two weeks my case got denied and because I'm on the status I won't go to court I only have NOID (16 days to resubmit my rebuttal and new evidence) that's why I'm trying to make a detailed statement with new evidence.

hello friends,
How long does it usually take to get the work permit when your status shows: NEW CARD IS BEING PRODUCED ?