Waiting Asylum decision

Thank you so much. Yes, I do have a lawyer but I'm not sure if he's really helping that much. so If I write another statement (this time fully detailed) with new supporting details I have another chance maybe right? Thanks so much for answering again. the reason I couldn't answer his question cuz I always have stress in a tough situation and cant be functional maybe with writing I have more chance? sorry I'm just freaked out

What do you mean by a new statement ? A new different one ? You have to provide a new statement that can be part of the previous one but with more details and evidence. Make sure the new statement does not “ in any form or way” contradicts with the old one. Contradiction in your story “ the old and the new) will prove the incredibility that was mentioned in your NOID notice.

Thank you so much for your help I feel so much better. Do you think with a new written statement ( I mean by new with more details about everything) I might have more chance or they looking for more photos and video or visual supporting materials? or maybe both statement and new materials?

You mainly have to find from reliable sources ( UN organization reports or reliable agencies) more than what you have in person. The reason behind this, an asylum seeker can win a case without a piece of evidence in his hand if he could provide evidence from reliable sources such as an expert from his/her home country, friends or family members etc

What do you mean by a new statement ? A new different one ? You have to provide a new statement that can be part of the previous one but with more details and evidence. Make sure the new statement does not “ in any form or way” contradicts with the old one. Contradiction in your story “ the old and the new) will prove the incredibility that was mentioned in your NOID notice.

Thanks again. got you! I meant by the new statement was actually my old statement but this time with more details about events that happened. like if I wrote 2 lines for each event so I should do it in a paragraph with more details this time right?

You mainly have to find from reliable sources ( UN organization reports or reliable agencies) more than what you have in person. The reason behind this, an asylum seeker can win a case without a piece of evidence in his hand if he could provide evidence from reliable sources such as an expert from his/her home country, friends or family members etc

Thank you so much! I'm starting working on it now:)

Thanks again. got you! I meant by the new statement was actually my old statement but this time with more details about events that happened. like if I wrote 2 lines for each event so I should do it in a paragraph with more details this time right?

Here’s a thing you should keep in mind, in your interview the AO will use questions based on your submitted statement. If your statement has much less info than your answers that will make an issue for the case. In other words, the objective behind the interview is to compare what you say to what is initially in your submitted statement. That is why you should submit a fully revised detailed statement from the begining. So, in the interview you just need to support what is written and to avoid contradicting it.

Here’s a thing you should keep in mind, in your interview the AO will use questions based on your submitted statement. If your statement has much less info than your answers that will make an issue for the case. In other words, the objective behind the interview is to compare what you say to what is initially in your submitted statement. That is why you should submit a fully revised detailed statement from the begining. So, in the interview you just need to support what is written and to avoid contradicting it.

I totally understand now! my statement was super simple and each event summarized in two lines so he told me you had a general outline and i need to know more, that was literally what the officer told me.

Not at all!Iran, Christianity. I converted in 2017 and baptized in Nov 2018 but my first interaction was back in 2013
How come you didn't get approve?
There are so many sources everywhere of how cruel Iran is to people who changed their religious?
Did they say they don't believe you actually changed your religious or your country is safe for people who change their religious?

Not at all!Iran, Christianity. I converted in 2017 and baptized in Nov 2018 but my first interaction was back in 2013

You should work with your lawyer closely. He knows much better about your case than us. You should work hard on this because your case is not : Sunna and Shia where sunna are persecuted in Iran. Not like ethiests and muslims in china or muslims from Rohyinga. Not like Christens in Egypt were claimed prosecuted by muslims ( majority) .. I am saying this because those categories are well known and can find hundred of evidence compared to your situation. Try to find an expert from your country to support your case or friends if that may help.

How come you didn't get approve?
There are so many sources everywhere of how cruel Iran is to people who changed their religious?
Did they say they don't believe you actually changed your religious or your country is safe for people who change their religious?

He states that my words are not consistent which it was not true I just used a wrong verb for one of my lines during the interview that's why he thinks I'm not credible. so it was lost in translation now I so regret to did my interview in English

You should work with your lawyer closely. He knows much better about your case than us. You should work hard on this because your case is not : Sunna and Shia where sunna are persecuted in Iran. Not like ethiests and muslims in china or muslims from Rohyinga. Not like Christens in Egypt were claimed prosecuted by muslims ( majority) .. I am saying this because those categories are well known and can find hundred of evidence compared to your situation. Try to find an expert from your country to support your case or friends if that may help.

You're right! but it doesn't matter if you turned back from Islam when you're born as Muslim it's crime and has the death penalty. I knew this fact since I was a kid.

I totally understand now! my statement was super simple and each event summarized in two lines so he told me you had a general outline and i need to know more, that was literally what the officer told me.

It seems you did your interview by yourself cause your lawyer should do much better than this. Your lawyer should’ve guided you through all the filing steps. I advise you to find a better lawyer who has more experience in this or to ask your current lawyer to do his/her best not just for money but for saving a life.

It seems you did your interview by yourself cause your lawyer should do much better than this. Your lawyer should’ve guided you through all the filing steps. I advise you to find a better lawyer who has more experience in this or to ask your current lawyer to do his/her best not just for money but for saving a life.

I had a lawyer!! smh seriously thanks so much! I learn more here than my useless lawyer!

He states that my words are not consistent which it was not true I just used a wrong verb for one of my lines during the interview that's why he thinks I'm not credible. so it was lost in translation now I so regret to did my interview in English

Find a translator then ... keep in mind, AO are so much trained to find the truth and also they are giving you “ the benefit of the doubt “ which means they are considering you saying the truth ( they are going by what they have and hear and read). Also, you have an OPT which means you had finished a degree from here. A Single Word that gives different meaning in its context can make you lose your case. Also, you should’ve explained the part where you thought there might be a misunderstanding before the interview came to an end. AO give opportunity at the begining of the interview and at the end to correct or to add. Also, your lawyer should’ve had a note while you’re being interviewed so that she/he can correct or explain any misunderstanding.

Good luck

Find a translator then ... keep in mind, AO are so much trained to find the truth and also they are giving you “ the benefit of the doubt “ which means they are considering you saying the truth ( they are going by what they have and hear and read). Also, you have an OPT which means you had finished a degree from here. A Single Word that gives different meaning in its context can make you lose your case. Also, you should’ve explained the part where you thought there might be a misunderstanding before the interview came to an end. AO give opportunity at the begining of the interview and at the end to correct or to add. Also, your lawyer should’ve had a note while you’re being interviewed so that she/he can correct or explain any misunderstanding.

Good luck

Thank you so much! it's been a hell of the day for me and I'm so glad you guys are here so I can share with you. Yes! you're right I should've told him about the misunderstanding and clarify for him I was just super nervous and I've never been good to handling my anxiety. I have a question do you think it's a good idea if I mention this time in my new statement ( I meant the one with better supporting details) where it was misunderstanding during my interview and I meant X instead of Y? Thanks so much Asylum_S