Waiting Asylum decision

Good afternoon everyone finally I got my approval today I am super happy hope for all of you to get a positive news soon

Good luck to you all

Oh Congrats

How about the clock on the online status ? Has it changed ? And if yes , when ? Before you got the decision by 1 or how many days ?

Hi All,
I filed my application in 2015 and my interview was April of 2018. I am waiting for more than a year. A lawyers said, if it is reject, it will come soon, when it is pending, it usually means you are not reject and it is in background check and some paperwork. So the question is this:
Does anyone know a person who was waiting for more than a year after interview (Decision Pending) and get finally rejected?
I assume, while nothing is impossible it does not make sense to wait that long after interview to reject.

Good afternoon everyone finally I got my approval today I am super happy hope for all of you to get a positive news soon

Good luck to you all
:) Congruts! I told you the other day to relax when you were getting the error on the USCIS website! I told you that this happens when they enter new information (update your case) etc. I was right! Congruts!!

:) Congruts! I told you the other day to relax when you were getting the error on the USCIS website! I told you that this happens when they enter new information (update your case) etc. I was right! Congruts!!
Thank youuu lol yes i was thinking about that too im like there is someone said that to me lol
Thank you again

Hey all, I want to announce that I GOT MY APPROVAL TODAY!!!!!!!!!!! I hope everyone in here gets the same.

So happy for you!congrats! mine is tomorrow! officer told me to come and pick up after two weeks !!! I'm so nervous and I feel my interview went bad :((((( can i ask your case hasn't changed till you went to their office? Thank you!!!

So happy for you!congrats! mine is tomorrow! officer told me to come and pick up after two weeks !!! I'm so nervous and I feel my interview went bad :((((( can i ask your case hasn't changed till you went to their office? Thank you!!!

I am also curious about if the online status changes before picking or receiving the decision. I am still waiting for mine after doing the second interview. The AO didn’t say anything about when to expect the decision except saying ( we’ll mail you the decision and you’ll find it in the mail ). Hopefully soon ... I hope you get approved and enjoy your life with no more stress .

I felt like I had the worst interview and mine was a political based asylumm. but God is there on his throne and he will not let you down. you are gonna get approval just pray!

Hi All,
I filed my application in 2015 and my interview was April of 2018. I am waiting for more than a year. A lawyers said, if it is reject, it will come soon, when it is pending, it usually means you are not reject and it is in background check and some paperwork. So the question is this:
Does anyone know a person who was waiting for more than a year after interview (Decision Pending) and get finally rejected?
I assume, while nothing is impossible it does not make sense to wait that long after interview to reject.
I don.t know about that but i also applied in 2015, interview in october 2017 and i didn.t get the decisio yet.
After 1 year i went in person and they told me that my background has been cleared but is still pending.
Good luck to you hope you get a decission soon.
There is a phone number you can call and check if it was reffered to court or not, if not they should say it.s not in their system.

Hi All,

Yes, it is possible to get a denial after long wait. I don't know exact reasons, especially if there was no second interview. What can possibly hold a denial except laziness of officer/supervisor. But it happens. Not often though.

Hi everyone! I went to pick up my decision today after 2 weeks in NJ office. unfortunately, they didn't find me eligible for religion asylum and they deny it for lack of supporting details on my statement and credibility. however, they gave me 16 days to submit the rebuttal and new evidence. I'm in tremendous stress now and I'm starting losing it and I feel I lost everything and same time I can't live in my home country cuz of my religion. Please if you had or seen the same situation like this (16 days bonus) share with me and also if you think it's a good thing they gave me these days to resubmit again. and anyone who approved after second chance? thank you so much and really need your help pls.and btw I'm on opt status

Hi everyone! I went to pick up my decision today after 2 weeks in NJ office. unfortunately, they didn't find me eligible for religion asylum and they deny it for lack of supporting details on my statement and credibility. however, they gave me 16 days to submit the rebuttal and new evidence. I'm in tremendous stress now and I'm starting losing it and I feel I lost everything and same time I can't live in my home country cuz of my religion. Please if you had or seen the same situation like this (16 days bonus) share with me and also if you think it's a good thing they gave me these days to resubmit again. and anyone who approved after second chance? thank you so much and really need your help pls.and btw I'm on opt status

Sorry to hear that .. what is your status ? I mean, are you still maintaining the status ? If you do, they should’ve asked you to receive the decision in the mail ... also, only people who maintain their status can receive NOID notice as I know. I have exactly such a decision and I am still waiting.

Sorry to hear that .. what is your status ? I mean, are you still maintaining the status ? If you do, they should’ve asked you to receive the decision in the mail ... also, only people who maintain their status can receive NOID notice as I know. I have exactly such a decision and I am still waiting.

Thanks for replying.I'm on OPT (F1 visa)status and waiting to get my second opt for another two years. And they already told me they denied my asylum request and gave me 16 days to submit new evidence and probably give me another decision? I don't know I've never heard someone had a situation like me that why I asked. Thanks again

Thanks for replying.I'm on OPT (F1 visa)status and waiting to get my second opt for another two years. And they already told me they denied my asylum request and gave me 16 days to submit new evidence and probably give me another decision? I don't know I've never heard someone had a situation like me that why I asked. Thanks again
People who are in valid status do not refer to court . They get a Noid and have 15 days to resubmit their case. Do you have lawyer that can help you? If not I suggest look for a lower that specializes in asylum cases.

First, you should work with your attorney on providing good supporting documents.

Second, you also have an option to extend your 16 days time to provide your rebuttal and work on providing a strong response.

Third, since you have a status I believe that is good as you won’t fell out of status by having more 2 years on your I-20.

My advice is that you have to try hard on this and the reason for saying this is “ lack of credibility “ the NOID has on you. You should make sure to attack the NOID arguments without harming your initial statement consistency.

I am also in the same situation but for me they said I do have good details and consistancy; however, that won’t itself grant me the asylum.

I am kind of expecting the bad thing too. We only have to fight since it’s the only option we have.

Advice; without giving examples for people in same situation in your country who are persecuted on religion, would not be good for you. Try to find evidence for this from reliable agencies.

People who are in valid status do not refer to court . They get a Noid and have 15 days to resubmit their case. Do you have lawyer that can help you? If not I suggest look for a lower that specializes in asylum cases.

Thank you so much. Yes, I do have a lawyer. so If I write another statement (this time fully detailed) with new supporting details I have another chance maybe right? Thanks so much for answering again. the reason I couldn't answer his question cuz I always have stress in a tough situation and cant be functional maybe with writing I have more chance? sorry I'm just freaked out

Last edited:
First, you should work with your attorney on providing good supporting documents.

Second, you also have an option to extend your 16 days time to provide your rebuttal and work on providing a strong response.

Third, since you have a status I believe that is good as you won’t fell out of status by having more 2 years on your I-20.

My advice is that you have to try hard on this and the reason for saying this is “ lack of credibility “ the NOID has on you. You should make sure to attack the NOID arguments without harming your initial statement consistency.

I am also in the same situation but for me they said I do have good details and consistancy; however, that won’t itself grant me the asylum.

I am kind of expecting the bad thing too. We only have to fight since it’s the only option we have.

Advice; without giving examples for people in same situation in your country who are persecuted on religion, would not be good for you. Try to find evidence for this from reliable agencies.

Thank you so much for your help I feel so much better. Do you think with a new written statement ( I mean by new with more details about everything) I might have more chance or they looking for more photos and video or visual supporting materials? or maybe both statement and new materials?