Waiting Asylum decision

My attorney just called. My case was approved. He received a copy of the letter although I have not received anything. I’ll update tomorrow. Feel free to ask me anything. 4.5 years dealing with this mess and went through a lot of ups and downs and now finally feel a sense of relief!

Well the tracking number says out for delivered but the USPS came and went and nothing got delivered. Maybe it will be delivered tomorrow. Of course, when you are expecting that one important thing there are extra delays. Fingers crossed.

I have a questions for those of you who got approved. When you receive your EAD, did you receive your approval notice (grant/i94/etc) the same day? Is it the same envelope?

What are the next steps? Unrestricted SSN card, wait a year and adjust status, etc?

Not in the same envelope. Once your case approve after that USCIS request your EAD card on the same day and you will receive within 14 days.

For SSN card you have to apply.
bring all your documents including final approval in SSN office and they will mail your card after one week.

My attorney just called. My case was approved. He received a copy of the letter although I have not received anything. I’ll update tomorrow. Feel free to ask me anything. 4.5 years dealing with this mess and went through a lot of ups and downs and now finally feel a sense of relief!

Congratulations.

Below is my timeline:
- March 2014: Asylum application in Miami Office
- April 2014: Fingerprints
- November 2014: First EAD
- January 2015: Change of address to Chicago
- November 2015: Second EAD
- November 2016: Third EAD (2 year validity)
- January 2018: Interview (2.5 hours, officer was friendly and articulate, almost too friendly, questions were tough and repetitive). I was told my decision would be mailed to me.
- Right after my interview officer called me asking for some background check items. Brought them to the office the next day.
- July 2018: Applied for fourth EAD (application is still pending).
- September 2018: I check my Z # on USCIS website and saw information regarding EAD
- 9/26/18: My attorney called he received a copy of my approval and sent me pictures. I also received my asylum EAD (2 year validity). I became free and a happy person!

Thanks everyone in this forum. Reading your stories kept me with a positive attitude. Best of luck to all of you out there. If you have any questions do not hesitate to ask. I with you all the best!

Below is my timeline:
- March 2014: Asylum application in Miami Office
- April 2014: Fingerprints
- November 2014: First EAD
- January 2015: Change of address to Chicago
- November 2015: Second EAD
- November 2016: Third EAD (2 year validity)
- January 2018: Interview (2.5 hours, officer was friendly and articulate, almost too friendly, questions were tough and repetitive). I was told my decision would be mailed to me.
- Right after my interview officer called me asking for some background check items. Brought them to the office the next day.
- July 2018: Applied for fourth EAD (application is still pending).
- September 2018: I check my Z # on USCIS website and saw information regarding EAD
- 9/26/18: My attorney called he received a copy of my approval and sent me pictures. I also received my asylum EAD (2 year validity). I became free and a happy person!

Thanks everyone in this forum. Reading your stories kept me with a positive attitude. Best of luck to all of you out there. If you have any questions do not hesitate to ask. I with you all the best!

Thank you for sharing your history. It means a lot for us who look more hopeful stories like you have been through. Congrats!

Hi everyone! Anyone here who was interviewed in Arlington Asylum office? I’ve been waiting for my decision for 2 years now. When I check my status with asylum office say that the decision is pending. So frustrating!

Hi.
Whenever I check my Case status online it says “My Case Status does not recognize the receipt number entered. Please check your receipt number and try again”

Hi.
Whenever I check my Case status online it says “My Case Status does not recognize the receipt number entered. Please check your receipt number and try again”
Asylum cases will appear as invalid online. When your case is approved you can check and it will say your EAD is being produced/delivered. Continue to check once a week until you get a message.

Hi.
I lost my Fingerprint blue letter (the second blue letter). I think i lost it in the USCIS office few months back. I gave them my letter and passport to check my pending decision status because they asked the A- Number, but they have returned only the passport. Because of tension I forgot about it. I’ve to apply for the work authorization now so I need the second blue letter. I don’t know what to do. Please anyone give me an Idea.

I don’t think I can go back there and asked for my missed letter because my last visit was on July and it’s almost 3 months now. Today only I noticed. Please give me an idea.

Thank you.

Hi.
I applied asylum on April 2018 and my decision is still pending. I’m ready to apply for my EAD. I just want to know what are the supporting documents I need to apply for my EAD. I went through the instructions in I-765 but They haven’t mention anything about the supporting documents. Please let me know.

Thank you

Hi all!

Here is my timeline:

L.A. office in Anaheim

Filed beginning of July'18
Interview 15th of August
Been told to wait for result by mail.
Waiting since.

Is there anyone who has an experience with Anaheim office this year? What was/is your timeline?

Thanks.

I filed my application in January 2018, had my interview in March and then a second interview in April. Still waiting and it is so difficult and soul sucking. When I contacted the asylum officer, they said the case is in security check and there is no way to know how long that takes :(

I filed my case on June 2018 got interview on sept 2018, got the recommended approval sept 2018, still waiting for final decision, anyone have recommended approval and waited how long get the Final approval in 2018??

I filed my case on June 2018 got interview on sept 2018, got the recommended approval sept 2018, still waiting for final decision, anyone have recommended approval and waited how long get the Final approval in 2018??
I never got recommended approval although the officer told me that they plan to approve the case once the security checks clear.