Waiting Asylum decision

Thank you so much ugububu for the information. God bless you.

I have one more question for you. I have received a text from USCIS last week that they received my application (C 08 work permit). Do they send text every step of the way or that was the only text they send to acknowledge the receipt? how long does it take to be approved from the date they said it was received? I live in the west coast.

Thank you so so much for all your help.

My question to assylum

Lets keep it short, I consider our user "assylum" to be forum idol. I just have a question friend.

Its checking online case status VS checking immigration court hotline.

My friend picked up his decision of referral a while ago and right before going to asylum office we checked both options. Case status on uscis website would say "case not found" so we assumed he is referred to court. We went on and checked the court hotline and it said record not found. we checked both system exactly one hour before schd time to pick up decision and we came to the conclusion that he will be told to wait for the decision in mail. Exactly one hour lator he went to office and received referral with court date, time and location! What went wrong in our cool way of figuring out decision before appearing in asylum office. Whats the inside story? Thankyou

Lets keep it short, I consider our user "assylum" to be forum idol. I just have a question friend.

Its checking online case status VS checking immigration court hotline.

My friend picked up his decision of referral a while ago and right before going to asylum office we checked both options. Case status on uscis website would say "case not found" so we assumed he is referred to court. We went on and checked the court hotline and it said record not found. we checked both system exactly one hour before schd time to pick up decision and we came to the conclusion that he will be told to wait for the decision in mail. Exactly one hour lator he went to office and received referral with court date, time and location! What went wrong in our cool way of figuring out decision before appearing in asylum office. Whats the inside story? Thankyou

The EOIR system and RAPS systems are not linked to each other. It takes time to update the EOIR system with the information that comes from the RAPS system.

Thank you so much ugububu for the information. God bless you.

I have one more question for you. I have received a text from USCIS last week that they received my application (C 08 work permit). Do they send text every step of the way or that was the only text they send to acknowledge the receipt? how long does it take to be approved from the date they said it was received? I live in the west coast.

Thank you so so much for all your help.

Hello kkwest,

You'll receive text message every time when your case gets update at USCIS web site. I got approval for my initial EAD (not under C08category) in 2 moths, my EAD renewal (under C08 category) was approved after 43 days (USCIS didn't take my fingerprints for it because they did it 3 month ago for some other case) . I didn't get any text messages, I just found Employment Authorization Card in my mailbox. Two weeks before I got a Final Denial of Request for Asylum.
So basically if your asylum case still pending they wait 30 days then sent your card in 2 weeks. But my case status on USCIS site still "Initial Review" and for my experience better source of information is - Infopass.

Good luck and take care.

Waiting Decision!

Firstful, I would like to thank everyone in this forum for sharing their experience to help other folks with their application process.
I am a newcomer to this forum and I've been reading your posts and they have been very helpful throughout the process. I am currently in F1 status doing OPT. Interview took me about 90 mins...At the end the AO told me to wait about 3 months for a decision..still 1 month more to go.. ..i pray it will be granted...

I-589 filed october 2011
Biometrics done october 2011
Interview - november 2011
waiting decision......

Hello kkwest,

You'll receive text message every time when your case gets update at USCIS web site. I got approval for my initial EAD (not under C08category) in 2 moths, my EAD renewal (under C08 category) was approved after 43 days (USCIS didn't take my fingerprints for it because they did it 3 month ago for some other case) . I didn't get any text messages, I just found Employment Authorization Card in my mailbox. Two weeks before I got a Final Denial of Request for Asylum.
So basically if your asylum case still pending they wait 30 days then sent your card in 2 weeks. But my case status on USCIS site still "Initial Review" and for my experience better source of information is - Infopass.

Good luck and take care.

Thank you so so much Ugububu. You are such a nice and helpful person. God bless you in whatever you do. Hopefully it will come sooner.

Thankyou

The EOIR system and RAPS systems are not linked to each other. It takes time to update the EOIR system with the information that comes from the RAPS system.

You deserve a lot of appreciation assylum. You try to help people out here and that is very kind and nice of you. I am sure a lot of people have blessed you with good words and I also wanna say god bless you. I am a follow up question with that answer my friend. So, if my friend was to get approved, we would be able to see case status active an hour before manual descision from asylum office? Thankyou very much in advance my friend.

Its been two weeks since my interview, i was told a letter will be written to me telling decision. I have been waiting patiently but believe me it is too hard, i check my mail box three times every day. God i need that approval letter soon.

LPR : Since 12/03/2006
D/O : Atlanta, GA
09/02/11 : N-400 Mailed to USCIS Dallas Lock box
09/06/11 : USPS delivered
09/06/11 : Check cashed
09/16/11 : NOA Received
09/16/11 : FP Notice Received
10/05/11 : FP Done
10/08/11 : USCIS updated to Testing and Interview
11/09/11 : USCIS updated to Scheduled for Interview
11/12/11 : Interview Letter
12/15/11 : Interview Date
12/31/11 : Oath Letter
01/27/12 : Oath Date
01/xx/12 : Applied for Passport
02/xx/12 : Passport in Hand.

Hi Ivanlozada,
when I see the Above, I wonder when I would ever get there...It's gonna be very long I guess...Ohh you are lucky

Hi guyz, a quick update here, just recieved the EAD today and applied for the SSN, they told at SSO that it takes from two weeks to eight weeks to receive the SSN in mail, oh! well, I guess I am already used to the waiting issue.....

Hi guyz, a quick update here, just recieved the EAD today and applied for the SSN, they told at SSO that it takes from two weeks to eight weeks to receive the SSN in mail, oh! well, I guess I am already used to the waiting issue.....

Hi Karr2008,

how long does it take you to get the EAD from the day you applied and are you in the west coast? Thank you so much for your help.

Hey everybody,
I am so thankful for the support, but i have tears in my eyes, i need approval letter, I am tired of waiting in just two weeks. hopefully this week i will get good news. hopefully:(

So, if my friend was to get approved, we would be able to see case status active an hour before manual decision from asylum office? Thankyou very much in advance my friend

If the officer approves the case, then he/she forwards the case to the supervisor for signature. After the supervisor signs the officer decision, then the case gets forwarded to the clerk to prepare the paper work and to update RAPS system and to issue an I-94. The RAPS system will send a request to CLAIMS3 system to issue an EAD(05) valid for 2 years. You will be able to see the status online as soon as CLAIMS3 system updates the customer online system.

It took 2 months (63 days) for me, and yes am in the west coast.

Thank you so much Karri2008. Did you try to go to USCIS office after 30 days of your application to try to speed it up?? I have heard we can info pass to USCIS and try to expedite the process after 30 days of EAD application. Two month is too long. please correct me if I am wrong.

Any feedback is appreciated.

Hey everybody,
I am so thankful for the support, but i have tears in my eyes, i need approval letter, I am tired of waiting in just two weeks. hopefully this week i will get good news. hopefully:(

I absolutely feel your situation because I am waiting too. Mine is 2 months now since my interview and still no response. I will be able to apply for EAD in early March. Meanwhile i have my OPT valid so I am not too much concerned about EAD at this time. But have you noticed days pass by pretty slow while waiting for decision, otherwise time will fly.. :eek:
I pray for all of us to get approved soon!

I absolutely feel your situation because I am waiting too. Mine is 2 months now since my interview and still no response. I will be able to apply for EAD in early March. Meanwhile i have my OPT valid so I am not too much concerned about EAD at this time. But have you noticed days pass by pretty slow while waiting for decision, otherwise time will fly.. :eek:
I pray for all of us to get approved soon!

hopefully you will get response soon and a good response, in case if it still take time do you have plan to continue status after opt expires.. hopefully that time wont come but if it does what do you think...