Waiting Asylum decision

Hello everyone!

I wanna ask something; what is the advantage of having your attorney present during the interview process? I mean, does it give a better impression to the AO or is it not important at all?

I appreciate your answers

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey asylumm,

There are no hard and fast thing as to having an lawyer,i have heard of cases that are won without a lawyer.AO is not affected weather you have a lawyer or not,but it is for your moral support ,and lawyer notes down all the questions asked .As per my case experience it is best to have a lawyer .I used to mail when it took so long to get my answer and my lawyer would know how to solve it.Even when filling my NOID my lawyer was a great help.And looking for a lawyer look for Pro bona as they do it passion and believe in your case.This is my personal experience.And they help till Naturalization.

Hope this helps.
Best

Hello Friends,

I was just reading through my books and came across lot of good information which i wanted to share with all my asylum seeker friends.Which can help building a strong case.Testimonies of your life,Country condition research,Affidavit from independent people who are researching on your type of case,and final Psychological evaluation from an organization who's evaluation is approved by AO office.I would like feedback from my frnds here who all field there Application with these documents.And also how many people Lawyer prepared them for interview with Mock interviews before the interview date.

Any update will help us .Thanks for your time.

Hello Friends,

I was just reading through my books and came across lot of good information which i wanted to share with all my asylum seeker friends.Which can help building a strong case.Testimonies of your life,Country condition research,Affidavit from independent people who are researching on your type of case,and final Psychological evaluation from an organization who's evaluation is approved by AO office.I would like feedback from my frnds here who all field there Application with these documents.And also how many people Lawyer prepared them for interview with Mock interviews before the interview date.

Any update will help us .Thanks for your time.

Hello awaitasylum,

Probably, we should ask a moderator to create some kind of FAQ about getting asylum. For example not many people about checking their cases by using USCIS "Case Status" system after they get approval or about US Immigration Courts Phone Number where using your A-number you can get information about your case if Asylum Office refereed you case to the court. Also there is not so much information about getting attorney specially low-cost or "pro-bono".
About building a strong case, you know it's very complicated to give a advice about this neither share information concerning your case.

P.S. And don't forget, this forum belongs to law offices.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ugububu,
Point well taken .And i am well aware that the forum belongs to law office.My only intention of writing the above post would have helped me in my law school and would learn from people in the forum what problems they face while filling for there case and after completing my Law how best i will be able to help .And my friend you you misunderstood that i am giving advise to anyone on this forum i was taking feedback from who so ever want to share how they filled there case.As in my school we are being taught ,procedure to file . Any ways if any one wants to help you are welcome ,nothing i write is not meant for any type of advise.I was only looking for information.

Thanks

Hello awaitasylum,

Okay, explain for me please what does it means "Psychological evaluation from an organization who's evaluation is approved by AO office" and if possible give an example. Thank you.

Hello ugububu,

People who apply for asylum have been through some form of abuse or have lead a fearful life.It does affect our mental state.The report supports the claim that you have suffered torture and how it has effected you mentally makes your case strong.Lot of Non Profit organization are there who evaluate your mental state of mind and that is submitted along with the case paper. And even lawyers have there own Psychologists who evaluate you and submit his report.

Hope i could be of any help.

Thanks Awaitasylum. Yes, the AO just ask my husband about his visa status and what he is doing in US. After then he ask him to leave.
I am waiting for 150th day, so that I can file my EAD. 150th day will be on September 2 and I am planing to send my application on September 1 so that they will have my application after September 2.

God is never early, ´HE is definetely NEVER late ......... HE IS ALWAYS ON TIME!!!
I RECEIVED MY APPROVAL NOTICE TODAY!!!! I´M SOOOOOOO HAPPYYYYYY!!! and I need to PRAISE the name of the LORD! His mercy, His love, His patience with me!
He is my redeemer, and my provider in all this difficult time!
I will continue to pray for each and everyone of you guys in this forum. And for all the ones who are still waiting.... please BELIEVE and have FAITH!
wowwwwwww wowwwwwww wowwwwwww

Congratulations LadyLee! Wow, I am happy for you! you deserve it! I am sure things will be easier for you now! I am still waiting! my question is: as some on this thread have said that you can check your status online when accepted even before you recieve the approval! have you been checking it LadyLee?

Congratulations LadyLee! Wow, I am happy for you! you deserve it! I am sure things will be easier for you now! I am still waiting! my question is: as some on this thread have said that you can check your status online when accepted even before you recieve the approval! have you been checking it LadyLee?

Thanks !!

Well, I stop checking status of my application long timeeee ago, for a while I checked USCIS website, the Immigration court 1800#, like EVRYDAY! and with the Asylum office EVERY month!! but then I decided not to do it anymore!, but anyway........ I checked the USCIS website yesterday and it says the CArd is in production, and that was ordered like 4 days before. So I imagine that if I had checked the website 2 days ago it will showed the info, since they knew desicion before I received the letter......

so the answer for your question must be : YES, you can check your status in the uscis website when accepted.

Thanks !!

Well, I stop checking status of my application long timeeee ago, for a while I checked USCIS website, the Immigration court 1800#, like EVRYDAY! and with the Asylum office EVERY month!! but then I decided not to do it anymore!, but anyway........ I checked the USCIS website yesterday and it says the CArd is in production, and that was ordered like 4 days before. So I imagine that if I had checked the website 2 days ago it will showed the info, since they knew desicion before I received the letter......

so the answer for your question must be : YES, you can check your status in the uscis website when accepted.

Thanks alot LadyLee! and good luck with your post approval process!