Waiting Asylum decision

THANKS FRIENDS.
Now my questions are
1)when can I apply for his derivative asylum? Should I wait to hear my Asylum decision which may go to years or Can I apply now to get him on EAD atleast.
2) Marrying someone not from Nepal will it not create any difficulties in Asylum or in Green card after a year as it may appear that I and my husband can live in India as it does not incude any fear.

Hello asyleek,

I'm not a lawyer, but for my understanding (and according all USCIS statements and petitions about asylum) for both of your questions I'm going to answer "NO", because:
1. for derivative asylum for your husband you need to get ASYLUM status not recommended approval for yourself.
2. your asylum claim was about fear to being prosecuted over you home country, you can't live over there (Nepal) because it's not safety for you. So, if something happens and you can't live over your husband home country (India), just because you are not a citizen and can live in India just because you husband citizen? Makes sense for you? (for AO does).
Good luck and take care.

Hello ugububu ,
I appreciate your words but Im still not clear about your second suggestion. According to you first no is for- I cannot apply EAD for my husband and second no?? Please specify little more information on it.
Great day.

Hello ugububu ,
I appreciate your words but Im still not clear about your second suggestion. According to you first no is for- I cannot apply EAD for my husband and second no?? Please specify little more information on it.
Great day.

Hey Asyleek,My suggestion for you would be to add your husband name at the time you receive your asylum approval.Because in the letter of asylum approved they specifically say that any of your spouse or dependent will be directly eligible to get asylum.So don't worry to much once ,your husband will be part of the asylum application he will receive his EAD.Please check your second last past of the document received.
Hope this helps.

Best

Hi everybody!

I wrote a post in this threat 2 months ago (see page 5).
I was away for a while, waiting for my case decision, and trying to keep my mind busy.

Well, today I received the approval letter and my new I-94 and EAD attached with it!!

I am so SO happy right now! These months were tough but I always kept my faith and in the end the waiting was worth it.

Congratulations to Mr. Bird and awaitasylum for your approval letters! I'm so happy for you!
Many thanks to ivanlozada, hjjez, sagipisces and awaitasylum for your help and support.
hjjez, man I hope that you get your approval letter soon.

I pray for everyone in this forum, I hope you all get it very soon as well.
Keep your faith intact, all the waiting is worth it, trust me.

Please, feel free to ask me any question about my case or advice,
I'll be more than happy to help you through this process.

Take care people, I'll be around!

Hello Mr E,

I am so happy for you . I understand the situation you are talking of ,all of us with approval know and our frnds in waiting are still going through.I am soo happy for you.Yupieeeeee...God bless and have a great life.

Best

Hi Mr E!
Congratulations!!! :) :)
I m so glad to hear the good news from you!
I know you had a very hard time with the AO in your interview, but now you can rest and ENJOY liberty!
Good luck and God bless every step in your life!

Oh Thank you so much awaitasylum.You gave me some hope.I was too much worried. So as you said I should list my husband name when I receive the final approval for asylum.And second last past of documents???i didnt understand this..The last document i received from uscis was my EAD card approval notice and EAD card.

Oh Thank you so much awaitasylum.You gave me some hope.I was too much worried. So as you said I should list my husband name when I receive the final approval for asylum.And second last past of documents???i didnt understand this..The last document i received from uscis was my EAD card approval notice and EAD card.

Hey Asyleek,you must have received documents Recommended to approval before or with EAD.(that is a four page document).In that second last page they inform us that if we need to add any other name to the asylum decision we can do that.I received Approved letter ,so had in mine.But i guess you would have received a letter stating Recommended to approval.Please check in that document.Hope this helps.Let me know any questions.Take Care

Congratulations Mr. E,

I am very happy for you:D:D:D, I can even feel through your skin because you are "mi paisano" (my countryman) and I understand for what you had gone through. You got it really fast though. If you do not mind to ask, just by any chance did you do it through the church at Biscayne Blvd? if so, perhaps we had even met there :confused:. It would be nice to keep in touch if you want. I wish you the best and hope you have a great new start in this wonderful country. “ pa’ lante mi pana”

I-589 Received: 28-Feb-11
Biometrics done: 17-Mar-11
Interviewed: 28-Mar-11
Today is: 18-Aug-11
# of days passed: 171
Day 150 is on: 28-Jul-11
EAD Application: 29-Jul-11 (waiting for it)

Hello Awaitasylum,
When I received my recommended approval I just received two page of paper.1st page sayd that I h=was granted recommended approval and 2nd page says I have to fill some papers to change my address, travel documents etc.
Ok Im pretty clear that you suggest me to file derivative asylum after my final decision comes out right??? And we two being from different country would not stop my husband to get derivative asylum???

Hey asyleek,

Yes ones you have your approval granted you can file for your husband derivative asylum . I can say this because in my asylum approval letter it was clearly mentioned i can include my spouse.Hope it helps.

Congratulations Mr. E
me too got my Asylum approval letter and they said that I will get EAD in mail within two weeks. you got EAD within a week I hope so to get it soon. Do I need to give my photo ID for EAD card or they will use the one I submitted while sending my I-589?
thanks

Hey asylee2011,

Congratulation for your approval.You don't have to worry on anything else.The Office will use your previously submitted document,including figure prints.So sit back and relax.Good luck with your future.

Best

Congratulations Mr. E
me too got my Asylum approval letter and they said that I will get EAD in mail within two weeks. you got EAD within a week I hope so to get it soon. Do I need to give my photo ID for EAD card or they will use the one I submitted while sending my I-589?
thanks

Hello asylee2011,
When you apply I-765 for ead you need to send new 2 pcs of you recent picture.I did the same

EAD Question

First of all let me congratulate Mr. E and asylee2011. I am so happy for you guys. Mr. E, I again read your first post and believe me my AO was just like the one you had. She was little rude to me. But I confidently gave answers to all her questions. My interview last for 3 hours and at the end of the interview I thought my interview was not good enough. But My attorney told me that it was very good interview. My husband was also with me in the interview, since he was also in the application, but AO ask him to leave. After your approval I got some hope.

Ok, I have a question for you guys. I am the principal applicant and my husband is included in the application as my dependent. I will be applying for EAD next month. Can my husband also apply for the EAD after 150 days along with me?

Thanks for your reply.

I-589 Received: April 07, 2011
Biometrics done: April 27, 2011
Interviewed: May 02, 2011
# of days passed: 134
150 days on: September 02, 2011

Hello Awaitasylum,
When I received my recommended approval I just received two page of paper.1st page sayd that I h=was granted recommended approval and 2nd page says I have to fill some papers to change my address, travel documents etc.
Ok Im pretty clear that you suggest me to file derivative asylum after my final decision comes out right??? And we two being from different country would not stop my husband to get derivative asylum???

Hey Asyleek,I can not right the complete paragraph what is mentioned about the spouse (you can include the spouse for derivative asylum) who is not included and with whom you qualify relationship.This might give you hope.But please cfm with your lawyer too...Don't misrepresent yourself .I don't want to discourage you ,but is better to be safe than sorry .I believe in taking all precautions and that is what i suggest you.Good Luck.

First of all let me congratulate Mr. E and asylee2011. I am so happy for you guys. Mr. E, I again read your first post and believe me my AO was just like the one you had. She was little rude to me. But I confidently gave answers to all her questions. My interview last for 3 hours and at the end of the interview I thought my interview was not good enough. But My attorney told me that it was very good interview. My husband was also with me in the interview, since he was also in the application, but AO ask him to leave. After your approval I got some hope.

Ok, I have a question for you guys. I am the principal applicant and my husband is included in the application as my dependent. I will be applying for EAD next month. Can my husband also apply for the EAD after 150 days along with me?

Thanks for your reply.

I-589 Received: April 07, 2011
Biometrics done: April 27, 2011
Interviewed: May 02, 2011
# of days passed: 134
150 days on: September 02, 2011

Hello Sagipisces,Don't worry about the asylum officer,when i asylum officer are trained to be this way.Not to give any expression,On the positive note he might be satisfied with your answer and did not feel the need to check with your husband.So please be positive that will take you long way through your process.As your husband is part of the asylum petition you can apply for your Husband EAD too.But god willing you will receive your response before that.My prayers are with all waiting for Decision.

Hello Frnds ,Just wanted to share that i have joined law school and want to help people like us .Wish me luck and strength to be able to be of some help.I can put up question in my class.Good Luck all.