Waiting Asylum decision

Anybody here applied for EAD withing the past 1-2 months? What's the timeline?

Does anyone have the experience of changing while waiting for an interview? I understand that I need to inform the asylum office about my change of address. Will they send me confirmation notice to the new address?

4 month

The EAD is unrestricted. However, Amazon and other big companies must make sure to comply with export license regulations if they decide to hire a person who is not citizen or permanent resident.

In the job applications, mention that you do not require sponsorship and that's enough to say. There are some jobs, especially in places that are affiliated with the government, that only hire citizens.

bear in mind that some recruiters are very ignorant about immigration stuff all they know is that GC=stay forever. I'd say if you applied to a small company in a rural place just tell the hiring manager that I have a GC on the way and I have work authorization in the meanwhile and explain that it's renewable every 2 years. Later when you fill I-9 form on your first day, give them the EAD.
its not that simple trust me , i have two degrees , masters n i know what i go through

Hi all i have two questions can someone answer please.

1. The supporting letters should be in affidavit or just the normal letters are fine?
2. My attorney told me that psychological evaluation is highly recommended is it mandatory?
It is not mandatory but if you are facing some behavioral issues then it will be a plus for your asylum case. I couldn’t say how many percent it will help. Because I know a person who took a letter from a psychiatric doctor for his asylum case. Also he got an approval too. He got the letter from a certified doctor. If you don’t have any medical insurance to afford a psychiatric or psychologist you can go for a counseling center and get from them too.
FYI psychiatric, psychologist and councelors they don’t provide you the letter in their 1st session you should at least attend more than 4 sessions and some doctors they recommend more too. (Psychologist and councelors are the same they just do counceling and therapy sessions but the psychiatric doctor is the one who prescribe medicine and also you can show the prescription as an evidence for your behavior health issue)
Please don’t give up if you don’t have a health insurance at least try the counseling centers because some they do it as a charity organization and some centers they charge $40-50 an hour. Your first question is about the supporting documents right and may I know what kind a supporting documents? Are those evidences?

It is not mandatory but if you are facing some behavioral issues then it will be a plus for your asylum case. I couldn’t say how many percent it will help. Because I know a person who took a letter from a psychiatric doctor for his asylum case. Also he got an approval too. He got the letter from a certified doctor. If you don’t have any medical insurance to afford a psychiatric or psychologist you can go for a counseling center and get from them too.
FYI psychiatric, psychologist and councelors they don’t provide you the letter in their 1st session you should at least attend more than 4 sessions and some doctors they recommend more too. (Psychologist and councelors are the same they just do counceling and therapy sessions but the psychiatric doctor is the one who prescribe medicine and also you can show the prescription as an evidence for your behavior health issue)
Please don’t give up if you don’t have a health insurance at least try the counseling centers because some they do it as a charity organization and some centers they charge $40-50 an hour. Your first question is about the supporting documents right and may I know what kind a supporting documents? Are those evidences?
Thanks for your detailed answer ze33 I am not facing any behavioral issues but he told that it’s highly recommend. And for supporting documents am asking about the letters from family and friends are those in normal letters or should be in affidavit ?

Thanks for your detailed answer ze33 I am not facing any behavioral issues but he told that it’s highly recommend. And for supporting documents am asking about the letters from family and friends are those in normal letters or should be in affidavit ?
(1)Oh okay. If you don’t have any mental health problem then why did your lawyer suggest you to get a psychologist letter?
(2)Anybody can get a letter from family and friends so it will not be valid, therefore it has to be authorized by a government officer (senators,congressman,village officer, any politician from your back home etc) or a lawyer. It’s best to contact a different lawyer and ask about this. There are free consultation lawyers over the phone you can google it. Have a great day. Tc

Last edited:
Check with your attorney office, in my case they send both copies of the decision letter to the attorney office. Kind of strange but it happens.!

Did you get your decision letter yet. His attorney said nothing in the mail and its 3 weeks and counting.
If yours is Chicago and you got decision, how quick did you get the letter?

Anyone had his interview in San Francisco asylum office and still waiting for decision? Mine been waiting for year now !

So will the AOs be furloughed? I think the fiscal year 2019 is approaching the end in September, so they should have new funds in next fiscal year soon?

Did you get your decision letter yet. His attorney said nothing in the mail and its 3 weeks and counting.
If yours is Chicago and you got the decision, how quick did you get the letter?
The decision was mailed updated on the website on 8/11/20 and delivered on 8/17/20 at attorney office.
Do an enquiry through state senator to get a response or send a fax to AO office seeking details about it.

After my interview on July 2019 the officer gave me instructions to send her directly some more evidence, she gave me her ZLA officer number so she could receive it directly. Does it mean something? I’m still waiting for the response. My mom was interviewed twice and she got her decision after 8 months

https://portal.eoir.justice.gov/InfoSystem/CourtInfo

Hey guys this is a website for pending asylum applicants to check whether their case is referred to the immigration court. Just give your A number and check it. FYI if your case is referred to the court there will be more details about what’s happening with your asylum case. Have a great day. Tc

Wow, the website has my info as well although I have been a citizen for over a year now.