Waiting Asylum decision

Did your case status change from "interview was scheduled" after you did your interview? I think they do not update that page if anything out of ordinary happens to your case like rescheduling of canceling of an appointment.

The LA office is very fast. You'll probably get your decision

The status changes when I got my first interview date then stopped counting the minute I rescheduled.
I hope it’s a decision

Your EAD was approved before 180 days because the AO recommended you for approval. If you have been recommended, they will give you an EAD even earlier than 180 days.
Moving to LA was a right choice. Their office is much faster than other offices
is it even faster than SF? which one has better approval rates?

I want to share a wired thing.
I was interviewed on March 3 in Chicago. On March 25, I received a text message from USCIS saying they have received the I765 application, and provided a receipt number with YSC prefix (Potomac Service Center). I did not apply for EAD and this is not my original receipt number of I-589 which starts with ZCH ! So weird! Whether they were sending message wrongly?

I want to share a wired thing.
I was interviewed on March 3 in Chicago. On March 25, I received a text message from USCIS saying they have received the I765 application, and provided a receipt number with YSC prefix (Potomac Service Center). I did not apply for EAD an juid this is not my original receipt number of I-589 which starts with ZCH ! So weird! Whether they were sending message wrongly?
It means the person that have that case number, mistakenly put your phone number on his or her form GI45 form for text messages alert, when filling the EAD form, ignore it

Reading this forum for long time. Just registered. If someone curious:

I applied for asylum in March 2015
Interview was in Chicago July 2017
Decision is pending.
A month ago I sent papers to my congresswoman, she's agreed to help with the case, but I didn't hear from her for a month.
Honestly I will be happy to get any answer, because court date at least you know when it's gonna be. It's really hard to explain what I feel, when I expected to get my decision in 1-3 months. But this forum a huge relief because you see people like you.

Reading this forum for long time. Just registered. If someone curious:

I applied for asylum in March 2015
Interview was in Chicago July 2017
Decision is pending.
A month ago I sent papers to my congresswoman, she's agreed to help with the case, but I didn't hear from her for a month.
Honestly I will be happy to get any answer, because court date at least you know when it's gonna be. It's really hard to explain what I feel, when I expected to get my decision in 1-3 months. But this forum a huge relief because you see people like you.
Same here, applied in may 2015, interview in october 2017, last year i sent foia request, got copy of my case with refferal to court.
@ a month ago i got nta to go to court in july this year to get a hearing date but who knows if the offices will reopen by then.
Anyway it looks like they started processing old cases, hopefully you get lucky amd get approval.
Are you checking your status online?

Same here, applied in may 2015, interview in october 2017, last year i sent foia request, got copy of my case with refferal to court.
@ a month ago i got nta to go to court in july this year to get a hearing date but who knows if the offices will reopen by then.
Anyway it looks like they started processing old cases, hopefully you get lucky amd get approval.
Sure. Every day.

Did you recieve the officer’s notes with the FOIA? What other documents they usually send, anything helpful? Do you thing they referred you cause of the foia? Thanks

Hello Guys,
I hope everyone is safe and sound. Since the USCIS offices are closed due to COVID-19, I was wondering if they are working on the applications who are already interviewed and currently are in the background check process and their decisions are still pending, or they will resume upon opening the offices? I know the background checking process involves many gov agencies but just wanted to know if those who are pending decisions should keep their hopes or just wait until everything gets back to normal? Thanks

actually, my friend. he did interview at march 12th, and he get passed letter yesterday. i got interview march 10th. i am still waiting. but it means they are still working,

So here’s the update
The mail was just the usual , an answer to my inquiry. BUT today my status online changed to decision is pending for some reason.