Waiting Asylum decision

Hello everyone,

So I’m having a doubt, also it’s very complicated and my doubt is “ if an asylum seeker’s spouse adjust his/her status (applying for green card) through their employment, so many of them has mentioned that he/she should return to his/her homeland for the immigration/visa interview, but few lawyers were like even he/she could schedule that interview in a 3rd world countries by traveling with an advance parole (asylum travel document)

If anyone knew anything about this can reply.

Thank you.
One cannot get an EB green card without having a legal status in the US. They would have to leave the US and go through consular processing. I do not recommend that because it is super risky and completely to the discretion of the officer. If they don't approve the imigrant visa, the applicant has no way to come back to the US, unless the asylum case gets approved for her husband/wife. Just wait for the asylum outcome. If you get denied, you can always go to the embassy in the homeland or a 3rd country. I got my own visa in a 3rd country

One cannot get an EB green card without having a legal status in the US. They would have to leave the US and go through consular processing. I do not recommend that because it is super risky and completely to the discretion of the officer. If they don't approve the imigrant visa, the applicant has no way to come back to the US, unless the asylum case gets approved for her husband/wife. Just wait for the asylum outcome. If you get denied, you can always go to the embassy in the homeland or a 3rd country. I got my own visa in a 3rd country
I completely understand what you say, but few lawyers suggested he/she can travel with tourist visa with an advance parole to a 3rd world country for the interview with the company’s recommendations (if the person is too important to the company and nobody can replace him/her). I need to collect more informations regarding this. Anyways thanks. Just want to know if anyone in this forums has experienced employment based green card while being a dependent to a pending asylum application.

If a person is well educated, has a good credit score and has a strong bank balance USA will never reject him/her, if someone who doesn’t benefit USA will be facing difficulties in such interviews.
Thank you.

I completely understand what you say, but few lawyers suggested he/she can travel with tourist visa with an advance parole to a 3rd world country for the interview with the company’s recommendations (if the person is too important to the company and nobody can replace him/her). I need to collect more informations regarding this. Anyways thanks. Just want to know if anyone in this forums has experienced employment based green card while being a dependent to a pending asylum application.
Theoretically, she can travel with AP but I assure you that the US customs and border protection will not allow her to return to the US.
What is wrong with the idea of working for the employer with her asylum EAD until the asylum case is adjudicated? it will either get approved, in which case she won't need an EB green card anymore. or the asylum will get rejected, in which case she can take her chances with the EB category and visit an embassy -> they will either approve or reject the visa depending on the circumstances and the mood of the consular officer.

Don't do risky things when it comes to immigration. You're dealing with a bunch of irrational idiots who make very impulsive and subjective decisions that has eternal consequences for people's lives. I just heard of the first immigrant visa being denied by an embassy because of the new Public Charge rule

Hi guys, I got my approval letter.
I applied on 11/13/ 2018
Interview on January 9 2019 at Omaha office.
I wish you the best.
Congratulations.

It took a considerable time to get your approval, especially form LA. Are you from the middle east?

Theoretically, she can travel with AP but I assure you that the US customs and border protection will not allow her to return to the US.
What is wrong with the idea of working for the employer with her asylum EAD until the asylum case is adjudicated? it will either get approved, in which case she won't need an EB reen card anymore. or the asylum will get rejected, in which case she can take her chances with the EB category and visit an embassy -> they will either approve or rejecet the visa depending on the circumstances and the mood of the consular officer.

Don't do risky things when it comes to immigration. You're dealing with a bunch of irrational idiots who make very subjective decisions that has eternal consequences for people's lives.
That’s so true there are Such idiots like that. Lol

hello guys, can someone share their experience after having asylum status on these accounts:
- how was the interview with his children and his wife?
- After having applied, it's been a long time before the family has the visa for the USA.
- what are the questions that the consulate usually asks

hello guys, can someone share their experience after having asylum status on these accounts:
- how was the interview with his children and his wife?
- After having applied, it's been a long time before the family has the visa for the USA.
- what are the questions that the consulate usually asks
Its worth of starting a new thread :)

Hi,
My EAD days has stopped accumulating, it has been 3 weeks since it got stuck on 66 days and it has been 5 weeks now since we've been waiting for the decision , the staus online shows that the case is still pending and the clock is still running, i called the USCIS and the don't don't recognize my uscis no. Anyone going through the same thing?

Hi Jelili.

I have the same situation (as many in this forum, please take a minute to search), my clock stopped counting days and it says "running", you can call to USCIS number: 1-800-375-5283, it's very important to notice this, when you ask to put your case number, you have to put 13 numbers, I mean you have to put also the first 3 letters of your case (not only the number part), for example if your case was submitted to New York Asylum Office, the 3 first letters of your receipt number will be ZNY, so when you put the number, you have to put ZNY and the 10 remaining numbers, when you are dialing in a phone "ZNY" is equal to put "969". This worked for me. I can't be sure if this works for people on court proceedings, because there is a different phone number to that, keep in mind the acronyms values:
ZAR: 927
ZCH: 924
ZHN: 946
ZLA: 952
ZMI: 964
ZNK: 965
ZNY: 969

ZSF: 973

Hi guys, I got my approval letter.
I applied on 11/13/ 2018
Interview on January 9 2019 at Omaha office.
I wish you the best.
Congratulations ooo God I hear only good news since this week. Ay it remain permanent for us all in Gods name. Amen

Waiting interview decision more than 8 weeks at Newark office .
Does any one have same experience ?
What is the odds for grant when the decision pending for long time?

Waiting interview decision more than 8 weeks at Newark office .
Does any one have same experience ?
What is the odds for grant when the decision pending for long time?
Same here, it's been almost three months I am waiting, (SF office). They said it's pending background check.
Probably they are busy doing background checks on you as well. But the good thing is that, when they go for a background check, in most cases it is a positive sign. Let's hope we get a decision soon.

I'm waiting for the interview decision more than 30 weeks (7 months) for now. There's not too much you can do, just simply wait and hope to get a positive outcome.