Waiting Asylum decision

Hello guys,
Need some expert advice here.
My friend applied for asylum in 2015 and it’s still pending. No interview yet. He is 60+ in age.
His wife anyhow got a visit visa and came to USA last year. Now she is overstaying her visa and has not applied to asylum yet.
What’s the most suitable thing to do?
Apply for asylum for her now? Or any option to include her in my friend’s (her husband’s) application? How to justify her overstaying her visa by 4 months ?
Please advice. Thanks.

Hello guys,
My friend applied for asylum in 2015 and it’s still pending. No interview yet. He is 60+ in age.
His wife anyhow got a visit visa and came to USA last year. Now she is overstaying her visa and has not applied to asylum yet.
Apply for asylum for her now? Or any option to include her in my friend’s (her husband’s) application? How to justify her overstaying her visa by 4 months ?
Please advice. Thanks.
In my opinion, it will be a big problem for her husband. Hard to win the asylum case. Besides, her wife being overstayed breached the immigration laws. I don’t want to comment more in detail. Anybody else can disagree with me.

In my opinion, it will be a big problem for her husband. It's hard to win the asylum case. Besides, her wife being overstayed breached the immigration laws. I don’t want to comment more in detail. Anybody else can disagree with me.
You have a year window starting from your entry date; if she is within the one-year window, she might consider applying for asylum (hoping it will be processed faster than her husband's (Probability game)); if she meets the criteria (like credible fear or another reason). The other option is to be added as a derivative to her husband’s case if possible!
If she over a one-year window, her options might be limited; one thing I could think of if she qualifies for TPS, I encourage her to apply for TPS and Advance parole to travel and to be admitted and inspected into the USA ( that will fix the overstay part in terms of being eligible for adjustment Status by other means), hoping if she wins a DV lottery or her husband’s case gets approved.

In the scenario described above, her husband applied for asylum while his wife overstays her visit visa can have implications for both of their cases. Adding her to his asylum application may complicate matters, as her overstay could raise questions about their credibility and eligibility for asylum. However, she may still be able to file her own asylum claim or seek Temporary Protected Status (TPS) independently. The pros of adding her to his application could include potential for family unity and shared support, but the cons may outweigh this if it negatively impacts the credibility of their case. It's crucial for them to seek guidance from an immigration lawyer to explore the best options given their specific circumstances.

Good morning all!
It’s been a year since I had my interview (Chicago Office). I inquired through the congressional office a couple times: 1st was in March and their response was case is pending background checks; 2nd was in June and their response was case is in the processing queue; 3rd was in July and their response was that case is still pending. Yesterday my attorney sent them an email inquiring about the case and asking that a decision be made, their response was as you see in the attachment.

Please advise what’s your take on their response in the attachment? Do you see that answer contradicts their earlier response regarding the background checks? And what else I should do to get a decision? Your thoughts please….
Hello can you send me congressional office email or how I can communicate with him since my case the same and in Chicago Senator Dianne Feinstein office a

Hello
I has been interview to one years and 4months .please help me how I contact with congressional office by email or phone let me know congressional office

Hello guys,
Please advice. Thanks.
In my own little opinion, the wife should just maintain the status of going and coming to USA pending when the husband's case will be determined, since she has valid visa, don't complication issues for yourself. So many are frustrated because their spouses can not enter USA

Hello guys,
Please advice. Thanks.
I believe as long as he included her in his Asylum case as his legally married wife, she could stay with him in US. She will get derivative benefit. She might even be able to apply for EAD without the need to submit separate Asylum application. I don't advise going back to the same country against which her husband is asking protection. The best way is to consult experienced immigration lawyer.

This is what I get from Congress Rep. idk what else to do :(
It is more than 2 years and they say "not been overlooked'?
What do we call this then?

Attachments

• IMG_1299.JPG
    IMG_1299.JPG
    309.9 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
Hello.
I have a quick question is there any one from Sanfrancisco whose decision is pending and went to DMV to renew DL? And got real id with a bear logo.
I gave her my 5 years approved EAD she spent more than 15 minutes called some one waited for answer back, received call back from someone
That staring at computer a long hnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
Then she said I am eligible for Real ID and they are not renewing my old DL with federal limits.
I am not sure if this happend to someone in this group.