VSC Processing Times Update

timaeuti said:
I think the processing dates do reflect reality for those with current PD and cleared FBI Name Check. For the rest of us, myself included, they are relevant only to the extent that they could be used in Mandamus law suits.
tmaeuti,
what does it mean "Name check submitted -- 4/30/04 -- rejected by the FBI computer system"?

michvin said:
tmaeuti,
what does it mean "Name check submitted -- 4/30/04 -- rejected by the FBI computer system"?
How and where did you thet this information from?
--Naveen Oshos

From FBI through E-mail inquiry. They replied to E-mail inquiries back then. They do not do that anymore.

Finally Approved

After the wait of two years and almost nine months, our I-485s have been finally approved. It took two months and a half after filing Mandamus law suit to get our cases resolved. I have strange feelings: I understand with my head that this is huge. At the same time, I do not feel much different on the emotional level. Perhaps I will once it settles in.

The nice thing is it happened just I was about to file for our fourth EAD. So, CIS saved us $360.00

I would like to thank Rajiv for maintaining this site. Without it we would probably have been in the dark. It was a great source of information on all sorts of issues. In addition, it was therapeutic at times.

I will not be updating this thread anymore. If someone wishes to do so, I will not mind. At the same time, I will be happy to answer any questions you may have.

May God bless you all on your challenging jorney of pursuing GC! I fully understand how you feel, believe me!

congrats - great news

timaeuti,
congrats ! great news. Could you send me details of the law firm you used and copy of your petition.

regards,
h1empl

Congrats Man!!!!
At last you are a free bird.
--Naveen Oshos
timaeuti said:
After the wait of two years and almost nine months, our I-485s have been finally approved. It took two months and a half after filing Mandamus law suit to get our cases resolved. I have strange feelings: I understand with my head that this is huge. At the same time, I do not feel much different on the emotional level. Perhaps I will once it settles in.

The nice thing is it happened just I was about to file for our fourth EAD. So, CIS saved us $360.00

I would like to thank Rajiv for maintaining this site. Without it we would probably have been in the dark. It was a great source of information on all sorts of issues. In addition, it was therapeutic at times.

I will not be updating this thread anymore. If someone wishes to do so, I will not mind. At the same time, I will be happy to answer any questions you may have.

May God bless you all on your challenging jorney of pursuing GC! I fully understand how you feel, believe me!

h1empl said:
timaeuti,
congrats ! great news. Could you send me details of the law firm you used and copy of your petition.

regards,
h1empl

Thank you all for congratulations!

My lawyer was not with any firm, he was all by himself. He informed me that in April he will quit his legal practice for a while and go to work for a senator. So, he probably will not be of much help. I do not have an electronic version of my petition. However, there are links to sample law suits somewhere in the forum.

Demand/Intent to sue letter

timeauti,gegemon,peeved,

I am preparing the mandamus petition. I thought its better to send demand/intent to sue letter as I had heard from some of you to be on the safer side.
Do I need to send a draft copy of my petition as well or just a letter is enough (to concerned officials). Do reply soon.

Thanks,
h1empl

h1empl said:
timeauti,gegemon,peeved,

I am preparing the mandamus petition. I thought its better to send demand/intent to sue letter as I had heard from some of you to be on the safer side.
Do I need to send a draft copy of my petition as well or just a letter is enough (to concerned officials). Do reply soon.

Thanks,
h1empl

Mail the draft along with the letter of intent.

The saga continues

When our I-485s got approved, I thought my battles with CIS were over. Boy, did I underestimate them!

The approval notice issued March 20 says to wait for biometrics appointment and to call CIS after 90 days if we do not get one. The problem is our work permits expire June 8, or less than 90 days from the date approval notice was issued. Without work permit we may not be able to renew driver's licenses, which expire June 8 as well.

We tried to walk into local ASC center for biometrics but to no avail. So, we decided to get our passports stamped. Our local CIS office (Washington, DC) is notoriusly difficult for appointment scheduling. However, after logging into the CIS website several times at odd hours, we were able to schedule one for today. When we got into the office, the receptionist told us that our passports could not be stamped because the notice says to sit tight for 90 days. I tried to explain the situation, and she got upset. After a bit of insistence on my part, we got to talk to her supervisor. She said she could not stamp our passports because there have not been 90 days from the time our applications were approved. When I explained the situation with work permit, she said that, if we do not receive cards by June 7, we could just walk in and ask for officer Clark.

That seemed a bit thin to me, so, when I came home, I called VSC with this issue. The lady said that the local office should have stamped our passports, but, because it did not, she could not help us. When I said that did not tell me what to do, she got defensive and said (that was my favorite!): "You are putting us in an uncomfortable sitiuation."

I called USCIS customer service, and they said they would be able to assist, but not before thirty days pass from the approval date. They will pass this coming Friday, and I will see what they do then.

CIS certainly knows how to spice up the life!

when my husband went to local office in michigan at first she refused. then he told her that he may have to travel abroad for job purpose(which is not true) then she said she will need a letter from employer for the same. after few days he got the letter from his employer and later he took that letter and got it successfully stamped.
Try getting a letter from employer that your job requires international travel at times.

his 485 got approved on march 22nd . mine is still stuck in name check. he has also same approval notice as yours saying to wait for another notice for biometrics. the timeframe is said as 90 days. but he has still to receive his biometric notice.

the stamp on the passpost is useful for travel as well as change of employment.

pls let us know when u get the biometric notice so that may be we can expect around same time frame.

This is jus too much.
--Naveen Oshos
timaeuti said:
When our I-485s got approved, I thought my battles with CIS were over. Boy, did I underestimate them!

The approval notice issued March 20 says to wait for biometrics appointment and to call CIS after 90 days if we do not get one. The problem is our work permits expire June 8, or less than 90 days from the date approval notice was issued. Without work permit we may not be able to renew driver's licenses, which expire June 8 as well.

We tried to walk into local ASC center for biometrics but to no avail. So, we decided to get our passports stamped. Our local CIS office (Washington, DC) is notoriusly difficult for appointment scheduling. However, after logging into the CIS website several times at odd hours, we were able to schedule one for today. When we got into the office, the receptionist told us that our passports could not be stamped because the notice says to sit tight for 90 days. I tried to explain the situation, and she got upset. After a bit of insistence on my part, we got to talk to her supervisor. She said she could not stamp our passports because there have not been 90 days from the time our applications were approved. When I explained the situation with work permit, she said that, if we do not receive cards by June 7, we could just walk in and ask for officer Clark.

That seemed a bit thin to me, so, when I came home, I called VSC with this issue. The lady said that the local office should have stamped our passports, but, because it did not, she could not help us. When I said that did not tell me what to do, she got defensive and said (that was my favorite!): "You are putting us in an uncomfortable sitiuation."

I called USCIS customer service, and they said they would be able to assist, but not before thirty days pass from the approval date. They will pass this coming Friday, and I will see what they do then.

CIS certainly knows how to spice up the life!

Hi timaeuti

Hi timaeuti,
I am in exactly the same predicament as you are. please see below for my details. My EAD expires 29th of June. Hopefully they will let you have your passport stamped. Please keep us updated about it.

Thanks,
hellomass

PD: 01/98
EB3/Skilled Worker/India
I140- Applied 05/02
I140- Approved 04/04
I485- Receipt date 04/04
1st EAD approved 08/04
FP-03/05
2nd EAD Approved 06/05
I485- RFE issued 01/20/2006 received 02/07/2006
I485- Approved 04/09/2006. received receipt 04/14/2006

My Card Received

As I mentioned in my previous post, an immigration officer in our local center refused to stamp our passports because the approval notice said to wait for 90 days from the approval date, which in our case was March 20. When talking to lady at VSC the same day, I mentioned that, as my work permit and driver's license are scheduled to expire June 8, and as I have no document to prove that I am eligible for either beyond that date, I may incure damages, even though my I-485 has been approved. Should that happen, VSC may be liable for monetary damages. The lady told me that she could do nothing, that I was putting her in an uncomfortable position, and, at the end, advised me to contact local congessman. I said I would contact my lawyer instead. She said that, if I felt that needed to be done, then I was free to do it. The next day VSC issued Biometrics appointment notice for me. I had my biometrics taken May 2, card ordered the same day, and card mailed May 5. Today I received the card.

Taking biometrics took roughly one minute. There was no line at all for biometrics. So, I just do not understand why they would keep people waiting for biometric appointments.

Our saga is still not quite finished. Because the lady at VSC verbally declined my request, I could not discuss my wife's situation. So, she still does not have her card and is waiting for biometrics appointment.

what the ** is going on at VSC.

what the ** is going on at VSC.
It is so way too slower than other centers and
It didn't move a single day from last update!!!