VSC Processing Times Update

Attorney info

Hi timaeuti,

Could you please let me know your attorney's info, if you don't mind ?

Thanks !

timaeuti said:
https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/jsps/Processtimes.jsp?SeviceCenter=Vermont

In the meantime, two weaks after filing I contacted my lawyer regarding the status of service receipts. He said he got only VSC, US CIS and FBI receipts. The receipt from US Attorney did not come after two weeks.

I called VSC and talked to their rep. The rep was very nice. He said he himself is frustrated with FBI Name Check delay an his subsequent unability to give unsatisfactory explanation. The rep also said that, as a result of law suit, my case was transferred to an action officer, not to be confused with adjudication officer. So, some sort of action should follow.

My attorney told me that he contacted VSC via AILA Liason with the purpose of speeding things up. After all, now that we filed the law suit, we fit theit expedite criteria. VSC responded with the request to fax the complaint to their counsel, which my attorney did approxmately a week after filing.

I will post further developments as they occur on this thread for those interested.

Gegemon said:
I got my passport stamped during Infopass appointment in Charlotte, but was not given a biometrics appointment. Was told to keep waiting for the letter with appointment.It has been 5 weeks already after the approval.

I called USCIS Customer Support Center and they scheduled me for an appointment in ASC but they only gave me a confirmation number, not an actual letter. I'll try to go just with that number.
There's no rhyme or reason to USCIS procedures. I showed up for my infopass appt. on 1/30/2005 and they refused to stamp my passport stating that my plastic card is almost ready to be printed and that as soon as my biometrics are captured, my card should arrive within 7 to 10 business days. The immigration officer then said, since my card will arrive soon after my biometrics are captured, she could not give me double benefit (not sure why she thinks it's a double benefit). Then she went ahead and started scheduling a biometrics appt. for me at which point I said I have one on 1/31 already. Had my biometrics captured yesterday. My LUD has updated twice since then. Let's what happens next. I think if I don't get my card in two weeks, I am going back for an info pass appt.

The date moves to 12/31/04

So, anyone who has filed prior to 2004 and still waiting is entitled to fire a law suit.

h1mpl: The only news I have is my lawyer has collected all the serving receipts. He said he would file a proof of service with the court. He also said the 60-day count begins when the defendant(s) receive a copy. In my case, as US Attorney was served January 9, it has been thirty one day from hum having received his copy. So, there are twenty nine more days for him to respond.

eternal_labor: I will inquire with my Attorney if he wants me to make a reference. If he does, I will send that to you in your private inbox. The rule of thumb, though, is that you should wait at least until there is at least a year difference between the date of your filing and the official processsing date. Apparently, you do not fit that criteria, at least not yet. At the same time, as this rule has been applied by Rajiv, I do not know to what extent other attorneys abide by it.

peeved said:
There's no rhyme or reason to USCIS procedures. I showed up for my infopass appt. on 1/30/2005 and they refused to stamp my passport stating that my plastic card is almost ready to be printed and that as soon as my biometrics are captured, my card should arrive within 7 to 10 business days. The immigration officer then said, since my card will arrive soon after my biometrics are captured, she could not give me double benefit (not sure why she thinks it's a double benefit). Then she went ahead and started scheduling a biometrics appt. for me at which point I said I have one on 1/31 already. Had my biometrics captured yesterday. My LUD has updated twice since then. Let's what happens next. I think if I don't get my card in two weeks, I am going back for an info pass appt.

I went for biometrics appointment (with only a confirmation number and no appointment letter) and got biometrics done. Interestingly, they did not look at confirmation number at all, just at the approval notice). Two days later there was an LUD saying that my card has been ordered, then in another two days - another LUD saying the card has been mailed to me. Now I am waiting for the card.
Looks like my case follows a different route than yours with such a different policies applied.

Gegemon said:
I went for biometrics appointment (with only a confirmation number and no appointment letter) and got biometrics done. Interestingly, they did not look at confirmation number at all, just at the approval notice). Two days later there was an LUD saying that my card has been ordered, then in another two days - another LUD saying the card has been mailed to me. Now I am waiting for the card.
Looks like my case follows a different route than yours with such a different policies applied.
Indeed your case has taken a different route. As I mentioned earlier, my biometrics were captured on 1/31/2006. My LUD changed the same afternoon and then again the next day (2/1) and the day after that (2/2). Then again on 2/7/2006. Yet again on 2/9/2006 and I also received an email the same day (2/9) stating my card was ordered on 2/7. LUD changed again today, 2/10, and I received another email stating my card was mailed on 2/10. Interestingly, they also approved my 9th year H1 extension on 2/7. Go figure! :rolleyes:

The VSC date moves to February 15, 2005

As for my law suit, I called VSC last Friday to check on the status. The lady told me that my case is "in processing." She added that, if she were me, she would be checking the website. When I said that I have been doing that for the last two years and a half and that did not seem to help, she said that I may see a change in a couple of weeks. "The case is moving," she added.

Today is the 46th day since the US Attorney has been served with my law suit. The government has 15 more days to respond...

timaeuti said:

As for my law suit, I called VSC last Friday to check on the status. The lady told me that my case is "in processing." She added that, if she were me, she would be checking the website. When I said that I have been doing that for the last two years and a half and that did not seem to help, she said that I may see a change in a couple of weeks. "The case is moving," she added.

Today is the 46th day since the US Attorney has been served with my law suit. The government has 15 more days to respond...
Good luck timaeuti. Please keep up posted.

The VSC date stays at February 15, 2005

Law Suit Update:

We have received FP notices, so we will have our FP2 tomorrow.

My attorney was contacted Monday by Assistant US Attorney. She told my attorney that her office got the FBI to complete my name check late February. She also requested a 45-day extension for the government response. She said by that time my case will probably be resolved.

In addition, I got a letter from the attorney who first filed our Adjustment applications. The letter had copies of our FP notices. It also said that "US CIS is ready to make a decision on our case," and that we need to make sure to show up for refingerprinting.

I will post further updates on this thread.

timeauti,
Good luck. Did you apply for EAD renewal ? I hae applied for my 4th EAD (3rd renewal). Hope to file the suit after the EAD is approved.

Thanks!

No, I have not filed for my fourth EAD. I hoped that the gov-t would settle the case by mid-March. However, if they do not do that, we may have to file for EAD just to be safe.

In the meantime, we did our second fingerprints this past Wednesday.

Fp2

Hi Timaeuti,

When did you receive your FP2 notice ?
Do you think they sent it because you had filed for manadamus ?

Thanks !

They would have sent FP2 notices anyway, as our FP1 has expired. However, if not for Mandamus, they would probably sent us FP2 notices much later than they in fact did.

Does it matter?

I dont think the Processsing dates woudl matter much if the USCIS does not get its act together and work on approving applications for old PDs. They can list their RD as 03/2006 but it wil not make a difference to a large part of this population unless their PD dates move.

timaeuti said:

As for my law suit, there have been no changes, except fot the LUD change March 14. We think that was when FP results came in.

Today is the 12th day of the 45-day extension on our case requested by US Attorney.

supply_demand said:
I dont think the Processsing dates woudl matter much if the USCIS does not get its act together and work on approving applications for old PDs. They can list their RD as 03/2006 but it wil not make a difference to a large part of this population unless their PD dates move.
besides, their processing dates have nothing to do with reality (at least in case of i-140). They are approving applications submitted well ahead of their own published processing dates. Hope (kinda selfishly, i know) this is true also in the case of i485

The dates posted on the USCIS website are only for politicians/lawmakers. There are some people, who are current, waiting for their name checks to be cleared and several are waiting for their pd to be current. USCIS obviously does not go into all these detials.

I think the processing dates do reflect reality for those with current PD and cleared FBI Name Check. For the rest of us, myself included, they are relevant only to the extent that they could be used in Mandamus law suits.

If name check is the only thing holding back, what were all those LUDs for a lot of people whose PD became current in March. Were those ass-holes in USICS only touching the case and verifying the Name-Check is not cleared and then putting the case on back-burner?

I think along with the retrogression bill some bill should be brought about for these FBI bastards also for more accountability.

--Naveen Oshos
timaeuti said:
I think the processing dates do reflect reality for those with current PD and cleared FBI Name Check. For the rest of us, myself included, they are relevant only to the extent that they could be used in Mandamus law suits.