VSC I485 Fiscal Yr 2002 - Progress Reports

Weekly update for the processing period 10/20/2003-10/24/2002... Not looking good at all, although the numbers are higher than last week...
762 cases touched for JAN02-APR02, average ~109/day.
365 cases completed (approved +transferred) during last week, average 52/day
For JAN02-APR02 we have 31262 cases filed, average 260/day
If you do the math... you might have a shock... processing 1 month in 5.
*Note: For processing average I have considered 7days/week
If you want to see details... here they are:

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by djc
Weekly update for the processing period 10/20/2003-10/24/2002... Not looking good at all, although the numbers are higher than last week...
762 cases touched for JAN02-APR02, average ~109/day.
365 cases completed (approved +transferred) during last week, average 52/day
For JAN02-APR02 we have 31262 cases filed, average 260/day
If you do the math... you might have a shock... processing 1 month in 5.
*Note: For processing average I have considered 7days/week
If you want to see details... here they are:

Low long it takes to scan from Jan02-Apr02.

It looks like VSC CIS started processing May02 thrugh August02. So we might get better statistics only if we consider the number of cases touched during this period also.

111 - 1 case changed from "FP Received" to "RFE Received"
112 - no changes

Judging by how statuses are changing, USCIS is not updating their web site routinely.

rickz,

Do you run the script against the bcis.gov website?

I called the 800 number the other day as my case status for 140 says that they have received the case and it takes so and so days to process these kinds of case. my 140 was approved in late march. so, i called them to ask if they have the right info in their internal system or not. The person on the other line said that the website and phone stuff is updated by a private company and so we won't see updated information on either of the systems.

Niti.

Niti Upadhyay,

If it is true (we all know USCIS personnel isn't exactly knowledgable), then we don't really have any reliable source of information about the case status. Sad.

Weekly status

Originally posted by dubacore
DJC,
When you post the status next week could you post in the same format as of SBCTSUBLC
No, I can not do that, I don't have the scripts he is using to create the reports.
***Weird thing - I was unable to post using my "DJC" account so I had to create a new one.. Anyone else has experienced such a problem? Or if the admin is blocking me for some reason shouldn't I be contacted first???
Now what everyone is waiting for... the update, First I should mention that I have modified the script to "catch" other statuses previously reported under "Misc" or "Unknown". While they represent a small percentage of the overall number of cases, doing the math might cause the numbers not to match. However, the status update for the last week is accurate. Also, the previous script scan has skipped some cases. While testing the new one I have noticed a 1-3% daily difference for the first 2 weeks of January. I will *NOT* update the full list for JAN-APR02 with the missing cases, we have some statistics that are accurate enough.
Enough talking, here are the facts: 656 cases touched, not good.

111 & 112 scanned on 11/03/2003

Well, there ARE changes since the last spreadsheet posted 10/27.

111 & 112 scanned on 11/06/2003

Since last scan 11/03:

111 - 1 approval, 3 transfers
112 - 3 approvals, 2 transfers

rickz and Edison
If you are willing to be beta testers for the new scanning program please send me a PM with an email address for contact. I do not want to make it public yet. There's a screenshot below.
For the others: I'm sorry but this is my decision, it will be a very limited release and I have picked them as testers.

111 & 112 scanned on 11/11/2003

111 - nothing
112 - no movements

Did anybody of you guys hit button "Hibernate" on USCIS? If you did, you better turn it back on!

111 & 112 scanned on 11/14/2003

since last scan 11/11:
111 - 1 RFE sent
112 - nothing got done

USCIS has a very efficient staff. Working very hard to keep up the backlog. They are trying to make sure that people applying for greencard get their greencard at least after 50 years.

:eek: