VSC I-824 Tracker

AC-140 can be filed by the individual

If you can get a copy of I 824 receipt and 1140 approval notice from your lawyer you can file on your own to the Mumbai consulate.

I824 Receipt

Receipt mailed on 11/07. Still waiting. Not received it yet. Can I request a duplicate?

But Mumbai Website says different story...

Hello Friend,
I have checked on the Mumbai consualte website. It says you should be from the consular districts that come under Mumbai jurisdiction only. Can I still file AC I140 with Mumbai?. Did anyone file before in situations like mine and Mumbai accepted it?
Details will be very much appreciated!!

same case..belong to chennai jurisdiction..

have to wait for 824 approval..but mumbai can accept it
if you have a proof of address or worked in Mumbai..

Message to SenWho

Hello SenWho,
As I see from the posting here, your I824 receipt date is 8/20. So it is already 90 days. The VSC AVM says it takes 60 - 90 days. Did you check with VSC what is the status of your I824 as it is already 90 days?

reply for dev_sree

hi dev_sree

i don\'t quite know whether it is 60-90 "calendar" days or "working days" as vsc issues including day counts are in mystery...now next i may ask is, do they use the contemporary calendar or something else...

i haven\'t called vsc in the most recent weeks but i am keeping the faith.....i am thinking of prodding my corporate legal dept in dec sometime to inquire if i don\'t hear anything otherwise as to what the current status is.

meanwhile earlier on i did try and get in touch with vsc but it was painful as i don\'t have my I-824 details as my corporate legal dept refuses to share it with me so getting through was difficult and then came questions from the immig officer at vsc like verification of my identity like my name and date of birth and answers were extremely general like call back in "x" weeks to know status so i felt it is a waste of time to call...and to add to that some wise guy posted a message saying vsc maybe keeping tabs on calls related to a pending application which could affect the application and that made me all the more disillusioned.

Any I-824 receipts recently?

I-824 application received by VSC on 10/19, still haven\'t got the receipt.

Should be calendar days

The no. of days should be calender days as I hear from my friends here. The AC21 provision which allows job change after 180 days of I485 filing is also calender days as I hear from my Attorney.
Regarding VSC inquiries, it is the privilege of applicant to enquire about his/her case, and I guess it should not matter how many times you enquire. The IIOs ask about our identity for the privacy of the beneficiary (you). For the privacy of the beneficiary (you), some IIOs do not disclose the status to anyone except the petitioner (Employer) or attorney.

Re

My check got cleared(the one i wrote for my I824),that means i am going to gewt receipt?Applied on oct11th still waiting....

Thanks

No Title

What does the Voice Message at VSC say? Did it say that a receipt has been mailed? I\'ve sent my application on Oct 19th and the voice message is not updated! Dont know if they opened my mail or not! Moreover, is receipt date the date they open the mail and input in their system or the date they actually received the mail?

I-824 VSC Receipt received

Hello,

My lawyers informed me today that they are in receipt of my I-824 Receipt Notice. I will see it by fax tomorrow. I just received the I-824 application photocopy. Looks like the I-824 paperwork was sent around Oct. 15.

I will be sending my AC140 package this week hoping a Feb interview. Will be sending in both PARTS I & II of both OF230 & DS230. Lawyer says no harm in sending more. Consulate can use whatever they want. I agree.

Good Luck to all!

Check cashed around 7th Nov. but no receipt yet for I-824....

Any ideas what can I do in this situation. Called IIO and got the case #. She said they can\'t mail the receipt again.

Can I write just a letter to consulate with AC-140 papers explaining this?

Can I do AC-140 with I-824 Approval Notice instead of Receipt notice whenever the case is approved or I have to strictly wait for the NVC to generate and send the papers to local consulate?

Question to vsc_dhavam

Dhavam, Did you ever try sending your AC I140 papers to Chennai. My attorney enquired via email some time early Oct and they said can\'t process due to excess work load!!.

Is there any way to check if I824 case is created on AVM?

Hi,

I-140 AD 8/30
I-824 applied 10/10
No recpt yet.

With the EAC No. of I-140 is it possible to check
if I824 case is created on AVM?

Will there be a new receipt# for i824?

Any comments appreciated!