VSC I-140 Denied MTR Sent and waiting for response TRACKER

I guess it will be 30-65 actual working days, excluding holidays and weekends. If I calculate days I filled my application it is coming to 25 actual wroking days, still long way to go.

Hi Dazzling,

I tried to contact the USCIS, but the customer service lady told me that she can dislcose the I140 status to me as it is currently being processed. My cemployer contacted the CS in my presence. The CS also told us that she is not allowed to disclose the I140/485 status to any of us ( neither employer nor attorney ). Then i asked for the reason, why my wife's 485 is not re-opened, fo rthat she said, she would put in a request for that and asked me to call back after 2 weeks if the spouse's 485 is not reopened.

Is it true that they cannot give us the status ? If so how can i find out what's going on with my case? For most of the people with case reopened on BCIS motion, i see that they got the results in 7 to 10 days after their LUD changes... but not me.

My case details
LC - RD 09/03 AD 12/03
140/485 RD 03/19/2004 DENIED 09/14/2004 (ability to pay)
I290B RD 10/13/2004

LUDs:
140/485 12/03 and 12/06 for all 140/485 and 290

Send it ...

It doesn't mean that they are not willing to give you and employer about the current status.

but I think, they're still working on your case. I spoke to one of the Immi. officer to open out I485/765/131 cases. This is what he mentioned to me very clearly:

Send a cover letter stating your I140 is in pending status with MTR/Appeal with the following receipts.

I140
I485
I290B Appeal
I790C ( Notice of Action if any about your Appeal)

and request your service center to re-open all your cases.

need_green_card said:
I guess it will be 30-65 actual working days, excluding holidays and weekends. If I calculate days I filled my application it is coming to 25 actual wroking days, still long way to go.
It is usually calendar days. But because of December (holiday month), their processing has slowed down a lot. (For e.g. my approval letter was mailed by them on 12/23/2004 even though they approved my case on 12/17/2004, as per the post office stamp on the envelope). so you should add atleast 15 more days because of December and should expect something in 80 calendar days.

zeemar said:
Hi Dazzling,

I tried to contact the USCIS, but the customer service lady told me that she can dislcose the I140 status to me as it is currently being processed. My cemployer contacted the CS in my presence. The CS also told us that she is not allowed to disclose the I140/485 status to any of us ( neither employer nor attorney ). Then i asked for the reason, why my wife's 485 is not re-opened, fo rthat she said, she would put in a request for that and asked me to call back after 2 weeks if the spouse's 485 is not reopened.

Is it true that they cannot give us the status ? If so how can i find out what's going on with my case? For most of the people with case reopened on BCIS motion, i see that they got the results in 7 to 10 days after their LUD changes... but not me.

My case details
LC - RD 09/03 AD 12/03
140/485 RD 03/19/2004 DENIED 09/14/2004 (ability to pay)
I290B RD 10/13/2004

LUDs:
140/485 12/03 and 12/06 for all 140/485 and 290
I guess they will not disclose the exact status. All they can tell is if it is under processing. So I would suggest that you should have patience and if they do not reopen your dependent 485, you should call them again. All I can say is what my lawyer (belongs to a very prestigious law firm), told me on this "If they have reopened your case, they have not reopened it to deny it again .. they will approve it." In my opinion if they would have wanted to deny again, they will send it to AAO and not reopen. Reopen means that they will approve. So relax. It will get approved.

Hey Dazzling,How are you...Question.

What if MTR is filed only for "Re open or re-consider" (290a ). You have mentioned that, if they want to deny they will trasnfer it to AAO. If its 290a, what will be the status on the website , if its denied....

Kishore_l said:
Hey Dazzling,How are you...Question.

What if MTR is filed only for "Re open or re-consider" (290a ). You have mentioned that, if they want to deny they will trasnfer it to AAO. If its 290a, what will be the status on the website , if its denied....
If you have filed I290A and they do not want to approve, they will deny your I290A and send you a letter. Then you can file I290B with AAO. As far as I know, website status is never updated for denials.

Question!!

Its been more than 3 months(Oct 13) I filed I290B and I haven't hear anything about my case. I spoke to lawyer and even he has no idea.
1. Are there any chances that VSC forward my case to Appeal unit and not inform us??
2. What could be the reason for this delay??

-Sreedhar

sreedharj said:
Its been more than 3 months(Oct 13) I filed I290B and I haven't hear anything about my case. I spoke to lawyer and even he has no idea.
1. Are there any chances that VSC forward my case to Appeal unit and not inform us??
2. What could be the reason for this delay??

-Sreedhar
If they woould have transferred the case to AAU, there will be a LUD on I290B.

A related question though, did you file a MTR also along with I290B. I mean did your lawyer state that this was a MOTION TO REOPEN / AND OR RECONSIDER / AND OR APPEAL on the brief.

sreedharj said:
dazzling, thanks for the reply. I don't see any LUD on my I290B/I140.
My Lawyer told me that its an appeal.
If it is only an appeal, even then it should first go to the Service Center and they will look at it. Where did you send your papers?

we send response to VSC directly. my lawyer called VSC today and they told him that it is still in backlog files and not yet transfered to the right person yet and they don't know how long it takes as well and whether my case will be adjuricated in VSC itself or goes to DC.
I don't know why it is taking this much time also??:(

mtr or appeal

Today one of my friend got an email stating that his i140 case has been re-opened and it is taking 92 -485 days for them to reach to any decision.

I am also expeting the same email as we both are from the same company and filed at once.

Any idea how lond it takes once they re-open the case ?

Please reply

Thanks

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Hey dazzling could you respond!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My LUDs Changed again today(2/3/05 and 02/02/2005), this time it changed on both 140 and 485 after replying to RFE, can you guys shed some light on why it changed on both, is it a denial?

140-LUD and 485(only mine, my spouses not changed) Changed on 02/03/05 and 02/02/2005
140 LUD Chnaged(1/20/05, 1/21/05, 1/24/05)
140 RFE Replied 01/19/05(LUD)
140-RD 08/04 -RFE Sent 12/04

Quote:
Originally Posted by gc2005sac
My LUD Changed three times in last 3 days after replying to RFE, can you guys decode why it changed so many times in last 4 days.

140-RD 08/04 -RFE Sent 12/04
140 RFE Replied 01/19/05(LUD)
140 LUD Chnaged(1/20/05, 1/21/05, 1/24/05)

need_green_card said:
Today one of my friend got an email stating that his i140 case has been re-opened and it is taking 92 -485 days for them to reach to any decision.

I am also expeting the same email as we both are from the same company and filed at once.

Any idea how lond it takes once they re-open the case ?

Please reply

Thanks
I will be approved in less than a week. Same thing happened to me.

appeal

my friend and me both filed appeal on same day, his appeal and 140 got approved last week, no changes for me, donno wata goin on ?

EB2/EB3 switching

I have a 3-year degree, B.sc in computer science. Plus 1 year diploma and 5 years experience when we applied for LC under EB2 about 2 centuries ago. It is stuck in the BEC queue.

Does it seem approvable:

3-Year degree in CS
+ 1 year diploma(no affiliation)
+ 5 years experience
+ Wages that meet the criteria
+ Programmer/Analyst Job ,well documented and advertised.

If I do get approved luckily, I do not want to pursue the case under EB2 at 140 stage if possible.
Is that switching from EB2 to EB3 possible when applying for 140?

Hi all,

When will EAD/AP be valid??,
Case below :
Applied 140 and 485 in April 04 (Labour Substitution case), was Denied in Dec 04 and a MTR was filed on 14 Jan 05, No change in LUD, will my EAD and AP be valid during this period? , if not when will they be.?
Ho w will I know my case is opened or Not?

Thanks

phani8 said:
Hi all,

When will EAD/AP be valid??,
Case below :
Applied 140 and 485 in April 04 (Labour Substitution case), was Denied in Dec 04 and a MTR was filed on 14 Jan 05, No change in LUD, will my EAD and AP be valid during this period? , if not when will they be.?
Ho w will I know my case is opened or Not?

Thanks

Once your case is opened, you will get a message on your case like "On xx/yy/zzzz date, this case was opened on a BCIS motion......".

In my opinion, once you get this message on 485, that date onwards, your EAD and AP will be valid again. I may be wrong on this one. Wait for others to comment also.