VSC I-140 Denied MTR Sent and waiting for response TRACKER

My I-140 approved!

With GOD's grace and UnitedNations help, my 140 got approved yesterday, 1/11/2005.

It took 12 working days for my case to be re-opened after sending MTR and it took less than 30 days total for it to be approved. My 485 is opened, but spouse's 485 not opened yet. I will wait for a week before calling USCIS for this.

Best of Luck to all of you!

For details about my case, please see my post in the following thread:

http://www.immigrationportal.com/sh...8&page=87&pp=15

http://www.immigrationportal.com/sh...&postcount=1301

EricS said:
With GOD's grace and UnitedNations help, my 140 got approved yesterday, 1/11/2005.

It took 12 working days for my case to be re-opened after sending MTR and it took less than 30 days total for it to be approved. My 485 is opened, but spouse's 485 not opened yet. I will wait for a week before calling USCIS for this.

Best of Luck to all of you!

For details about my case, please see my post in the following thread:

http://www.immigrationportal.com/sh...8&page=87&pp=15

http://www.immigrationportal.com/sh...&postcount=1301
CONGRATULATIONS !!!!! I can understnad the imense relief you must be feeling right now, having been in your situation not too long back. In my case my 485 got approved on 12/17/2004 and my wifes 485 was reopened just a day before the 485 status got updated. Also I had talked to an immigration officer 2-3 days prior to this event and that officer told me to file a MTR for that. I was about to file a MTR and had almost paid my lawyer 1500 bucks for that when we received the email for reopen of my wifes 485. After about 2 weeks, when I called them again, I came to know that my 485 was approved but the status was not updated. The funny thing is my 140 still shows as reoped on a BCIS motion and I have a GC stamp in my passport :)

For Dazzling

Hearty Congragulations !!

When did you receive the approval notice on the I-140 ?

Thanks.

dazzling said:
CONGRATULATIONS !!!!! I can understnad the imense relief you must be feeling right now, having been in your situation not too long back. In my case my 485 got approved on 12/17/2004 and my wifes 485 was reopened just a day before the 485 status got updated. Also I had talked to an immigration officer 2-3 days prior to this event and that officer told me to file a MTR for that. I was about to file a MTR and had almost paid my lawyer 1500 bucks for that when we received the email for reopen of my wifes 485. After about 2 weeks, when I called them again, I came to know that my 485 was approved but the status was not updated. The funny thing is my 140 still shows as reoped on a BCIS motion and I have a GC stamp in my passport :)

Hi Dazzling,

Thanks, I have been following your case very closely and I can also imagine what you would have gone thru. Congratulations on your 485 approval and stamp and best of luck for your wife's case.

My wife's case is not re-opened yet. What do you suggest, should I call USCIS now or wait for a week or 2 to see if they automatically re-open that case. Please let me know your opinion. We have not received the finger printing yet.

Sugee said:
Hearty Congragulations !!

When did you receive the approval notice on the I-140 ?

Thanks.
We have not received approval notice for 140. however I know for sure it is approved because I have already got my passport stamped

EricS said:
Hi Dazzling,

Thanks, I have been following your case very closely and I can also imagine what you would have gone thru. Congratulations on your 485 approval and stamp and best of luck for your wife's case.

My wife's case is not re-opened yet. What do you suggest, should I call USCIS now or wait for a week or 2 to see if they automatically re-open that case. Please let me know your opinion. We have not received the finger printing yet.
I would suggest that you call them. When you enter your case # and the phone system has read your case status message to you, it will ask you to press 6 to proceed. There is a option (option 4), to select if you think related cases have been seperated during processing. Use that option and it will connect you to VSC customer service. Ask the officer what needs to be done.

In my case the officer had told me to file a MTR for my wifes case, but fortunately my case got approved 2 days later and her case was reopened when my case got approved. I was about to file for her MTR and shell out another 1500 bucks to the lawyer.

There is another user on this board who had the same problem. His wifes case was not reopened. His user id is "mandave". You can look up the posts by him. He had to finally file a MTR for his wifes 485 case but he wasted 4 months in the hope that they will reopen her case. My opinion is that talk to the rep and if he says then just file the motion. You can file the motion yourself stating the facts of the case your self and submitting a $110 fees.

Post by Mandavae

-------------

Re: Wifes 485

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi

I suggest you need to pay $ 100 again. When you filed MTR to your wife, include your I 140 approval and reopen notice (485) receipt. Clearly mention LIN number of your wife and that should be ok.

Thank you

dazzling said:
Mandavae said:
Hello

My I 140 got denied, but they did not reopen my dependent I 485. It is common mistake made by service center. According to INS, if the main applicant was reopened, the derivative applicant should be reopened, but INS make mistake. So I have to file other MTR for my wife 485 with all the documents(including my I 485 reopend receipt).

I have come in the same boat as you. My 140 and 485 have been reopened but they have not reopened my wifes 485. What documents did you send them for MTR? Did you also had to pay another 110 bucks? Thanks a lot.

Hi Dazzling,

Can you tell/guess , what might me going on with my case.

My case details
LC filed 09/03 and approved 12/03
140/485 RD Mar 19th 2004
140 Denied: 14th Sep 2004 (ability to pay)
LUDs: 12/03 and 12/06 for both 140 and 485

I290B RD Oct 13th 2004
LUD: 12/03 and 12/06

No LUD/status changes for my case ...after 12/06.
Looks the many of them got their approval with in 7 to 10 days after the LUD changes. I am clue less

Thankyou :(

dazzling said:
I would suggest that you call them. When you enter your case # and the phone system has read your case status message to you, it will ask you to press 6 to proceed. There is a option (option 4), to select if you think related cases have been seperated during processing. Use that option and it will connect you to VSC customer service. Ask the officer what needs to be done.

dazzling,
Could you please give me more details about the phone call. When I called the 800#, it never asked me enter the case #.
Thanks.

If 140 denied and within a 30 days if we request for MTR. Can we use existing EAD and AP or do we need to re-apply again.

dazzling said:

Hi Dazzling,

Thanks for your suggestion. I just called the 800 number and followed the instructions as mentioned in your post. Once I got connected to VSC, they asked me to provide the EAC# for my wife's case and said they will send this information to concerned officer and the case will be reopened. I also changed the address at same time. I will keep everyone updated on the status.

venkat04 said:
dazzling,
Could you please give me more details about the phone call. When I called the 800#, it never asked me enter the case #.
Thanks.

Venkat,
I just called the 800 for my wife's case. This is the sequence of options.

From main menu select option 2.
Then select option 6 for entering case number.
Once the case status is read out, select 3 to proceed.
Then select 4 (if you think related cases are seperated).

You will be connected to rep, s/he will take your and your wife's EAC#s for 485. She also asked for my 140 receipt#. Then I was told that the case will be reopened.

zeemar said:
Hi Dazzling,

Can you tell/guess , what might me going on with my case.

My case details
LC filed 09/03 and approved 12/03
140/485 RD Mar 19th 2004
140 Denied: 14th Sep 2004 (ability to pay)
LUDs: 12/03 and 12/06 for both 140 and 485

I290B RD Oct 13th 2004
LUD: 12/03 and 12/06

No LUD/status changes for my case ...after 12/06.
Looks the many of them got their approval with in 7 to 10 days after the LUD changes. I am clue less

Thankyou :(
Are you EB2 or EB3?
Are you from India, Mainland China or Philiphines.

I think if you are EB2 or if you are EB3 but not from one of the three countries above andyour FP is done, they are trying for concurrent adjudication.

Also one very important thing. My case was reopened on 12/06/2004. My 140 was probably approved shortly after (I dont know this on what date as it still says that case reopened on a BCIS motion for 140). My 485 was also approved on 12/17/2004 (again status not updated on the website). I called them on 12/27/2004 and the officer told me my case is approved. I told them the website status does not say so, she told I will put a request to update the website status and 2 days later it got changed to approved. 140 status still shows reopened. So moral of the story is: CALL THEM and find out what is going on. AND BEST OF LUCK.

EricS said:
Hi Dazzling,

Thanks for your suggestion. I just called the 800 number and followed the instructions as mentioned in your post. Once I got connected to VSC, they asked me to provide the EAC# for my wife's case and said they will send this information to concerned officer and the case will be reopened. I also changed the address at same time. I will keep everyone updated on the status.
Great. I think her case will be reopened in the next 2-3 days.

Thanks a lot Dazzling, you gave me a lot of hope.

I am from India and mine is EB3.

How did you contact the USCIS officer? When i call the 800 number i get the automated response which is same as the one on the website. When i talk to the customer service, they are are just reading the same again.

Is there any way to directly contact the officer ?

Just after 140 denial, i got the FP notice and i got it rescheduled it to Feb 2nd 05.

zeemar said:
Thanks a lot Dazzling, you gave me a lot of hope.

I am from India and mine is EB3.

How did you contact the USCIS officer? When i call the 800 number i get the automated response which is same as the one on the website. When i talk to the customer service, they are are just reading the same again.

Is there any way to directly contact the officer ?

Just after 140 denial, i got the FP notice and i got it rescheduled it to Feb 2nd 05.
1. Enter your case number.
2. After hearing the status, use the option for furthur action on your case.
3. System will give you some choices. Use one of the choices.
4. Call will be transferred to VSC. Have your A# and EAC number ready.

YOU NEED TO CALL BETWEEN 8:00 AM AND 4:00 PM EST - M-F. If you call at some other time, it will go to NSC customer service.

need_green_card said:
Its been 45 days till now I filled my MTR but still have'nt heard any news on it, donno how long it will take?

Anyone?
My MTR got accepted in 35 days. I think they can take anywhere from 30 days to 60-65 days. Have a little patience and something should pan out soon. Best of luck.

dazzling said:
My MTR got accepted in 35 days. I think they can take anywhere from 30 days to 60-65 days. Have a little patience and something should pan out soon. Best of luck.

Dazzling,

Did you get any LUD changes for MTR and 140 ? Please let me know all LUD changes for your application. Just wanted to get an idea how its works.

Thanks

need_green_card said:
Dazzling,

Did you get any LUD changes for MTR and 140 ? Please let me know all LUD changes for your application. Just wanted to get an idea how its works.

Thanks
140 LUDs
- 03/25/2004 - Application entered in system (RD 03/17/2004 and ND 03/22/2004)
- 08/06/2004 - NO CHANGE
- 10/01/2004 - NO CHANGE IN MESSAGE (140 denied - based on letter date)
- 10/04/2004 - NO CHANGE IN MESSAGE (140 denial letter mailed - based on stamp on the envelope)
- 12/06/2004 - Case Reopened
- 12/07/2004 - NO CHANGE (case reopened)
Still does not show approved.

I290B LUDs
- 11/05/2004 - I290B received
- 12/07/2004 - NO CHANGE
- 12/10/2004 - NO CHANGE

In the meantime I-485 was approved on 12/17/2004. I came to know for the first time on 12/27/2004 when I called VSC Customer Service as I was concerned what happened after reopen. LUD changed on 12/30/2004 with message that case approved on 12/17/2004. Again changed on 01/03/2005 as I requested a duplicate approval letter from VSC customer Service.