VSC I-140 Denied MTR Sent and waiting for response TRACKER

dazzling said:
That is good. What did you file - I290A or I290B? I am the only one here whose 140 was reopened more then 9 days back and is still pending ... :mad:

you are not alone. Mine was opened about 3 months back

unitednations said:
shriyaz, the main difference between your's and everyone else is that their 485's also got reopened at the same time. I don't think that your's has.
I talked to my attorney and we will be doing a new MTR for reopening of my wifes 485.

unitednations said:
shriyaz, the main difference between your's and everyone else is that their 485's also got reopened at the same time. I don't think that your's has.

I believe the practice oif reopening I485 on concurrent cases has started just now after LOTs of motions were filed. However I could be wrong as well.

Thanks
Rick

shriyaz said:
I believe the practice oif reopening I485 on concurrent cases has started just now after LOTs of motions were filed. However I could be wrong as well.

Thanks
Rick
Rick,

I think we both are in the same boat now because I am not seeing any activity on my 140. I am not expecting any activity also .. so basically we are stuck. Are you EB2 or EB3. I am EB2 and since the processing time frame for EB2 is still showing in last year, I cannot ask to do a case status referral also ...

mtr

Today I received receipts number for my i290A and i290B application. Message on my original i140 is same as old, same with 485. Message for 290 A&B, is same as "we received your application for bla bla bla and its taking around 30 to 180 days for us to process this kind of application.

i290A & i290B receipt date is December 7th, 2004.

How much time from now it will take for them to take any decision, any inputs will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

You will see some update before 60 days. It could be approved within VSC or forwarded to AAU for further processes.

Did you get I129A & B from VSC ? I am just curious to see, NSC sent only I129B and not sure for other people.

Wifes 485 opened yesterday

My wifes 485 was reopened yesterday. So now all our cases are open again.

12/06/2004 - 140 reopened on BCIS Motion
12/06/2004 - 485 (Self) reopened on BCIS Motion
12/16/2004 - 485 (Spouse) reopened on BCIS Motion

Can I work on EAD when 140 appealed?

what is meaning of reopen? did u send separate MTR's for 485?
where is ur case sitting Service center or AAU?

Please advise me.

Thanks,

dazzling said:
My wifes 485 was reopened yesterday. So now all our cases are open again.

12/06/2004 - 140 reopened on BCIS Motion
12/06/2004 - 485 (Self) reopened on BCIS Motion
12/16/2004 - 485 (Spouse) reopened on BCIS Motion

bcis said:
what is meaning of reopen? did u send separate MTR's for 485?
where is ur case sitting Service center or AAU?

Please advise me.

Thanks,
Reopened means that my case is opened for processing. So it is sitting in the service center and not at AAU. I did not file separate motions for 485. If 140 is opened, as per policy, they have to reopen all dependent applications.

I think you can work on EAD if the message on your 485 changes to "... this case has been reopened on a BCIS motion ... ". If it is not changed, then your 485 is still in the denied state and you cannot work on EAD (this is as per my lawyer who belongs to a famous law firm)

I140 Status updated, I290B LUD change

My I140 status updated with the following information.

As per my attorney, they already sent out the brief to CIS.

why do I get this message ?, I appreciate all your inputs.

-------------------

On December 13, 2004, we granted an extension to file a brief in support of this case. The case is currently on hold pending our receipt of the brief. The brief must be submitted within the extension period given in the notice.

-------------------

I290B - LUD updated with the same day.

MTR Sent

These are details about my case:

My I-140 and 485 was denied on 11/16/2004.
My I-140 was denied on 2 basis:
1> "Ability to pay issue"
2> Official transcripts not submitted for education.

I was not paid the proferred wage in 2001, 2002 and 2003. My employer did not have enough "ability to pay" to cover the difference.

The second reason was that my lawyer did not attach an education evaluation for my Degree. I was using my own LC.

With UN's help, MTR (290b) prepared and sent on 12/14/2004. Waiting for receipt number.

mtr updates?

Happy New Year, most pply

If anyone has any updates regarding MTR's, please post your latest information, havent heard anything yet for my motion.

Thanks

Any one is like me??

I got denial and replied back on 10/13. LUD on 10/18. No news yet. No LUD sofar after that. Is there any one on same boat like me :(

FP done and LUD changed on 12/20 on I-485.
I-140/I-290B NO LUD change

-Sreedhar

sreedharj said:
I got denial and replied back on 10/13. LUD on 10/18. No news yet. No LUD sofar after that. Is there any one on same boat like me :(

FP done and LUD changed on 12/20 on I-485.
I-140/I-290B NO LUD change

-Sreedhar

My lawyer replied to AAU asking 30 days to provide evidence. However the request has to be reached by DEC 25 2004. We mailed it by 23rd dec and the mail was in Vermont and not received until Dec 27th. How does this work ? Do they look for mailing date ?
Also how soon they send the receipt for 290B ?

Thanks.

I filed 290B for appeal, received receipt for USCIS date jan 5th.

No status changed for 485 for both applicants, when can I except to open 485 ? i.e resumed for processing... etc... ?

Mtr

Hi ! My I-140 was denied in Nov.2004 but i was informed in the last week of Dec'04 as my company attorney went on vacation. Currently I am on 7th year extention. My case is filed under EB3.
IN the I-140 denial notice, I was given 33 days time for appeal . Can I appeal for MTR even after the specified period (i.e 33 days). Please share your comments on this...

KS2005

I think you can file MTR eve after 33 days also, but you need to send( File ) to Washington DC instead the your processing office ( where denied ) explaining reason etc...

Go to USCIS web site, find 290B form, read all the points in 2nd page, you will know all...

hope clears...