Visitor visa for my mother who is a government employee

v_atray

Registered Users (C)
My mother is a professor of botany at a government college and wants to visit us in USA. As a government employee, she has to get a NOC from the government to apply for the visa. She has been waiting for the approval for about a month now and doesn't know when she will get the certificate. Her HOD had previously suggested to her to not mention that she is a government employee and just apply for a visa as a housewife to avoid all these cumbersome requirements.

She went ahead and filed her DS-160, however, she cannot take visa appointment till she gets NOC. She has not paid the application fee as of now. Now, we are considering submitting a second DS-160, this time without mentioning her employment data. My younger sister, who is still in school will also be traveling with her. We are GC holders.

Our concerns are: first, she will be committing perjury on her visa application. Secondly, what is the probability that someone at the embassy will notice two contradicting DS160 for the same person and that she will be denied visa?

Is there any merit in trying the riskier second route?

Thanks

I am really surprised a government employee is advising a co-worker to lie to another government!!!

Her HOD had previously suggested to her to not mention that she is a government employee and just apply for a visa as a housewife to avoid all these cumbersome requirements.

Absolutely no merit. If caught she will never be issued a US visa in the future for hiding a material fact. She should wait it out. The delay in this instance is her local government issuing her an NOC. Why is lying to the US government even an option to circumvent that wait?

Our concerns are: first, she will be committing perjury on her visa application. Secondly, what is the probability that someone at the embassy will notice two contradicting DS160 for the same person and that she will be denied visa?

Is there any merit in trying the riskier second route?

Do not lie

Do not lie. I agree infinity times.

i am really surprised a government employee is advising a co-worker to lie to another government!!!

Absolutely no merit. If caught she will never be issued a us visa in the future for hiding a material fact. She should wait it out. The delay in this instance is her local government issuing her an noc. Why is lying to the us government even an option to circumvent that wait?

I've said it before and say it again: Your "friends" (in this case her HOD (Head of Department?)) are the WORST source of information on complex immigration issues. They usually have zero clue what they are talking about.