Visitor visa extension denied

mtreddy

Registered Users (C)
All,
I am not sure this is the right forum to post the visitor visa issues. My mother-in-law vcame into the country on B-2 visa. She was given 3month I-94 which was expiging on Jun17. We applied for extension on May-17 and we got the denial letter on Aug07 saying that the reason for extension not acceptable. Letter says that she should leave the country with in 30days(Sept06). We previously planned for her to leave on Sept01.

What should I do now ? Can I appeal for fresh I-94 ? She has 10 year multiple entry visa, does visa get invalidated ? What would be the consequnces when she visiting in Future ?

Any ideas ..I would greatly appreciate your help.
---Tirumal

Tirumal, an appeal for a visitor visa denial? Buddy, we foreigners have no rights to visit the US. The best thing to do is to send her as advised so that she does not have problem visiting again. Most countries issue visitor visas so that people can "visit" not "live."

She was given a restricted I-94 to start off with. In other words, the admitting officer was already suspicious of her intentions. She should have never applied for an EOS.
Out of sheer curiosity, what was the reason for requesting the extension?

She was given 3month I-94 which was expiging on Jun17. We applied for extension on May-17 and we got the denial letter on Aug07 saying that the reason for extension not acceptable.

I agree with you Triple Citizen. In any body's first visit, even a 6 months stay was granted at POE, one should leave in 4 months time. This will help almost full 6 months stay in subsequent visits. In the case of OP, the IO had a suspicion and granted only 3 months stay. The lady should have left without asking for an extension.
The best thing to do is to leave USA immediately

I am still waiting to hear from the OP what the extension request was based on.

On a side note, my parents are US citizens who live in Canada. I consider myself lucky if they visit me for a week at one stretch. I usually get a few long weekends from them :)