• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

visa waiver program holder denied entrance

lucky chap

Registered Users (C)
i've been denied the entry to US in 2005 while i was going to assist my girlfriend whom was giving birth to my daugther. She were on a busness trip and we decided before she leaves that it'll be better for her to stay there till she delivers as she was very closed and then come back to Europe.
I am notified as a 2009 green card winner and I am wondering if this situation could be prejudiciable for me and my family to get the visa
NB:Once my entry was denied the officer told me that from now then i have to apply for a visa anytime i want to travel to US, even if i am an visa waiver program holder.

Most likely it does not affect your DV visa at all.
Please describe how your conversation with the officer at the border went through. At this point I do not understand the reason for not admitting you.

As far as I understand, she went to the US shortly before she was going to give birth, for a brief trip. But decided to stay for childbirth instead, right?

And you were going to her a few days before the delivery to help her, without prolong stay in the US before that, right? And you were denied an entry.

The officer reported that i had baby clothes so he assumed that i'll stay in US.
He asked me few questions about how long i'd stay me and my girlfriend whom is my spouse now and why my girlfriend choosed to deliver in US. He told me it's a delit to come to US in order to give birth. I told him that i did not know it's a crime to give birth In US, even if you can't wait till you go back to your own country. I was very upset and i answered if that's what he wanted to hear from me that's fine. I asked them to put me in the first flight back to France.

That will not affect getting an immigrant visa at all.

Did you have a round trip ticket when you faced the officer? Did you show it to him?

You;d rather be worried about your spouse. Giving birth may force her to be in the US beyond I-94 expiration. In such a case, it may affect GC for her.

I guess my wife would be fine:). After she gave birth, she went back to US a couple of time without any troubles. Actually she's got a ten years Visa, and she never never stayed there more than she was allowed to

Let me make it clear she did not go on purpose to give birth. She was on a busness trip she couldn't postpone. And "No" she did not a new born baby on a flight., the baby was quite two months old before they travel back.
I hope i answer to your question GOtPR