Visa for Pakistan - Urgent

Sufian

Registered Users (C)
I need to find out if I need visa for my daughter who was born in Pakistan and has a valid Pakistani passport. When she came to US, we applied for her US passport based on my citizenship and she got the US passport.

Now she has valid passport for US and Pakistan. Can she travel to Pakistan without Pakistani visa in her US passport and at the time of immigration in Pakistan we show them both passports.

Pakistan allows dual nationality for US citizens of Pakistan origin and therefore a person can have two passports at the same time.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,

I need to find out if I need visa for my daughter who was born in Pakistan and has a valid Pakistani passport. When she came to US, we applied for her US passport based on my citizenship and she got the US passport.
Now she has valid passport for US and Pakistan. Can she travel to Pakistan without Pakistani visa in her US passport and at the time of immigration in Pakistan we show them both passports.
Pakistan allows dual nationality for US citizens of Pakistan origin and therefore a person can have two passports at the same time.
Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks,

Sufian no you do not need visa for your daughter since she has valid Pakistani passport. So when you land in Pakistan, show FIA/immigration guys her Pakistani passport, they will put entry stamp on it and you are all fine. On your way back you show them US passport so that FIA guys know that you can enter US. They may ask for Pakistani passport as well to confirm the entry stamp and add exit stamp.

Having said that, i would encourage you to make NICOP card for your children and yourself. Why do i say that? Well

a- it is proof of Pakistani citizenship hence no visa needed to go to Pakistan.
b- NICOP it is valid for 10 years while passport for 5 years
c- NICOP renewal fee is $25 and passport renewal fee is $124~$148
d- NICOP application proceedure is ALL online. You upload scanned images of all docs, pay the fee using CC and you will get the card through DHL. try that with green card. :)
e- Probably your next Pakistani passport will not be renewed by Pakistan consulate unless you have NICOP.

For my US born son, i only got NICOP and no Pakistani passport.
Good Luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Paracha. I have already applied for NICOP for my daughter but have not received it yet. I am planning not to take visa for her as she had valid pakistani passport and both US and Pakistan allow dual nationality.

Sufian no you do not need visa for your daughter since she has valid Pakistani passport. So when you land in Pakistan, show FIA/immigration guys her Pakistani passport, they will put entry stamp on it and you are all fine. On your way back you show them US passport so that FIA guys know that you can enter US. They may ask for Pakistani passport as well to confirm the entry stamp and add exit stamp.

Having said that, i would encourage you to make NICOP card for your children and yourself. Why do i say that? Well

a- it is proof of Pakistani citizenship hence no visa needed to go to Pakistan.
b- NICOP it is valid for 10 years while passport for 5 years
c- NICOP renewal fee is $25 and passport renewal fee is $124~$148
d- NICOP application proceedure is ALL online. You upload scanned images of all docs, pay the fee using CC and you will get the card through DHL. try that with green card. :)
e- Probably your next Pakistani passport will not be renewed by Pakistan consulate unless you have NICOP.

For my US born son, i only got NICOP and no Pakistani passport.
Good Luck!

i thought if you become US Citizen, US does not recogonize dual citizenship. they oath admin officer told us to apply for US passport and use them only. so i would just recommed you using pakistan visa on US passport.

You are allowed to have two citizenships if the other country allows it. US laws are a bit vague and they look away. But, yes, when you leave and enter the US, you have to use your US passport, but when you enter and leave the other country, say, Pakistan, you are allowed to use their passport, so that's not an issue.

Dear ALL,
I became a US Citizen yesterday.
My son was born in Saudi, has a Pakistani Passport.
My question is , can I apply for a US Passport now or first apply Form N 600. Thanks in advance

Dear ALL,
My question is , can I apply for a US Passport now or first apply Form N 600. Thanks in advance

I believe you can do both. Congratulations on becoming a US Citizen, PAK1.
I would do both at the same time of I could. But it is only my opinion.-
:D:D:D

Dear ALL,

You can do either one. The cheapest way will be to apply for passport only. This will be his proof of citizenship.