Virginia SESA Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
My RIR case was filed on April 24, 2003. My lawyer called me today and told me that VEC sent him a 6 page long letter asking him to fix many things on ETA 750 A and B. The main issues are with Items 13, 14 and 15 on Form ETA 750 A. They are saying that my lawyer & employer must amend or delete Item 15 OR submit a lot of evidence for people employed in similar positions (payroll records, their resumes, business necessity, justification, etc). They think job requirements listed in Item 15 are unduly restrictive for U.S workers.

For Item 14, lawyer just stated B.S or B.A. They want the major of study to be explicitly specified on Item 14.

They also want some lines mentioned for Item 13 to be moved to Item 15.

Overall, I am so shocked after waiting for 1 year and 4 months. Needless to say the waiting has been so painful and now they have raised 6 pages of queries / concerns that it seems like it is very difficult to salvage my application at this point. My lawyer will now have to write a very effective and convincing response for them to approve it and forward it to Philly. The lawyer will also need to change many things that we stated on the forms and have the application amended by the employer.

They have assigned my job to 030.102-014 (DOT code for Programmer Analyst).

I am so confused, worried and frustrated!

Last edited by a moderator:
mvinays said:
My RIR case was filed on April 24, 2003. My lawyer called me today and told me that VEC sent him a 6 page long letter asking him to fix many things on ETA 750 A and B. The main issues are with Items 13, 14 and 15 on Form ETA 750 A. They are saying that my lawyer & employer must amend or delete Item 15 OR submit a lot of evidence for people employed in similar positions (payroll records, their resumes, business necessity, justification, etc). They think job requirements listed in Item 15 are unduly restrictive for U.S workers.

For Item 14, lawyer just stated B.S or B.A. They want the major of study to be explicitly specified on Item 14.

Overall, I am so shocked after waiting for 1 year and 4 months. Needless to say the waiting has been so painful and now they have raised 6 pages of queries / concerns that it seems like it is very difficult to salvage my application at this point. My lawyer will now have to write a very effective and convincing response for them to approve it and forward it to Philly. The lawyer will also need to change many things that we stated on the forms and have the application amended by the employer.

You will get it man. Atleast for the service you did to this forum, you are destined to have some good news soon.

I came became aware of the http://www.flcdatacenter.com/website where one can check if a company sent petitions for H1B and Labor Disclosure Data). How often is this data updated? I see that last it was updated was in Jan'04!
Also, an emloyer told me that they applied for labor for an empoyee in 2002 but I do not see it there.
Is there a possibility that the data on that website be incomplete?

Best of luck mvinays. I am sure you shall get the approval soon. Your help & assitance in the forum shall be duly rewarded. Hang in there.

mvinays said:

Thanks for your moral support guys!! I am trying not to worry about this and waiting for prompt co-operation and effective response from my lawyer.

Anyone on this below:

I came became aware of the http://www.flcdatacenter.com/website where one can check if a company sent petitions for H1B and Labor Disclosure Data). How often is this data updated? I see that last it was updated was in Jan'04!
Also, an emloyer told me that they applied for labor for an empoyee in 2002 but I do not see it there.
Is there a possibility that the data on that website be incomplete?

slowing down?

I think they are slowing down again. RIR Moved two weeks (April 28th - May 16th 2003) in two weeks (3rd Sept - 17th Sept 2004)

Moving really slow it seems. Still June for regular! Are there any steps being taken to help expedite the VA state labor applications?

Sorry to hear this...its everone's nightmare..BUT

If you really pressure your lawyers, they can still provide the explanations. Under any circumstances, it seems unlikely that your priortiy date will change.

What is the way to find out the DOT # for a case. The lawyer says that Labor moved to Regional about 6 months back but he never received the DOT #. Is there any way/number/website that I can use to get that number? I would like to check the status of the labor. The flcdatacenter.com website does not show that labor petition, which I find very surprising. I want to use that labor for labor substitution.

mvinays said:
Note that it is quite possible that the guy who answered your call may be right. Many different officers at VEC process different cases for a given data range...(say April 15 to April 28). The guy who answered your call may be right.

If you have your case number and exact receipt date, then they will be able to tell the case status. Also, tell them whether your case is RIR or Non-RIR. There are several guys processing cases at VEC. The guy who answered your call may not be very co-operative. So try calling them again at another time hoping that someone else will answer. Then ask them the status of your case and see what they say.

Best of luck!

Guys,

I called SESA to check my status on 804-236-2717. The guy on other line informed me that my application was processed today. He asked me my name and I told him my name. He then said ohh you are the benificery. I don't know was that fine with him to reveal the information to me or not ?

Anyway my application date was 18-APR-03 and he said it was processed today.
I am waiting for some information to come from my lawyer. Let's see how things come out.

jackass said:
Guys,

I called SESA to check my status on 804-236-2717. The guy on other line informed me that my application was processed today. He asked me my name and I told him my name. He then said ohh you are the benificery. I don't know was that fine with him to reveal the information to me or not ?

Anyway my application date was 18-APR-03 and he said it was processed today.
I am waiting for some information to come from my lawyer. Let's see how things come out.

And urs was RIR, right? How does one know one's case # or can they look up by name?

dcmetro22042 said:
And urs was RIR, right? How does one know one's case # or can they look up by name?

dcmetro22042,

Mine was RIR.
To find the case # and other details of your application, you have to check with your lawyer.

My lawyer sent me copy of the application receipt which he got from SESA after filing my application ( usually a letter sent back to your lawyer ). This receipt has all information like Date_Received, Case_Number, Benificery_Name, Company_Name, Type of filing(RIR or NonRIR) etc.

Hope this helps

Sachin_Stock said:
Updates
---------

RIR: June 11, 2003
Non-RIR: June 23, 2002

Seems like it went fast this past week.

Did not even move (only 2 days) for Non-RIR! That sucks. Sachin, can you ask them why it happens that one moves more than the other? Do u have same people working on both or people equally divided to process both?

Sad that Regular LC did not move much at all in the last week (only 2 days) while RIR moved abt a month. Is there a pattern to that or are they assigning equal # of people to both cases?

Status
Not open for further replies.