Virginia SESA Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
My LC moved to Philly

Hi all:

My LC, with priority date 01/02/2003 finally got moved to Regional...looking fwd. to another year long wait there.

Thanks

orissa.

Congrats Orissa! Good luck at Philly DOL (or maybe Backlog Reduction Center)...What was your RFE about? How did your lawyer respond to Virginia SESA's query? Please share some details.
Thanks.

orissa said:
Hi all:

My LC, with priority date 01/02/2003 finally got moved to Regional...looking fwd. to another year long wait there.

Thanks

orissa.
Orissa:

I am curious too about your RFE. What was it about and how your lawyer responded it? Also, how did you know VEC forwarded it to Philly Regional? Did VEC notify you or your lawyer found it out through regaional? Please share your experience. Thanks!

mvinays said:
Congrats Orissa! Good luck at Philly DOL (or maybe Backlog Reduction Center)...What was your RFE about? How did your lawyer respond to Virginia SESA's query? Please share some details.
Thanks.[/QUOTE

They send RFE about my experince. FYI I had only 6 month experince a junior network administrator. But the position required 6 month experince for "general customer service position".

The VA SESA object 6 month experince is not enough for the position. My Lawyer replied about my 12 year experience of general customer service" which is main object for this position.

Thanks

orissa

How to know that it is transferred to Regional Office?

Is there any way to find out that whether my application has been moved from Virginia Labour Dept to Regional Office?

TGIF Update

Hello all,
I just called VEC, Richmond (Nine Miles Office). Mr. Richard Palmer told me that they are currently processing...

RIR: March 4, 2003 :)
Non-RIR: May 6, 2002

HELP - Got Prevailing wage Deficiency Letter from Virginia SESA

Hi All,

I am in panic situation. I got a letter from Virginia SESA (non-RIR) that my salary reported is about 30,000 less then prevailing wage. My lawyer is asking to change the wage on the application, but I don't think it will be exceptable to my employer. Has anybody got the same letter and what resolution did you take.

Thanks.

Prevailing Wage Deficiency letter

Hi Anxicious Waiter,

I got the similar Deficiency Letter from Virginia SESA. I will appreciate if you can tell me how did your lawyer resolve this issue. Any help is highly appreciated.

Hi gc212:

The deficiency letter indidated there are 2 options: 1. to increase the offer wage to meet the prevailing wage. 2. to submit a professional survey to show a different prevailing page (lower, of course). What we did is to submit the survey to show the actual wage offered is not as high as what VEC indicated. I don't know if it will work when it reached Philly regional so I will just have to wait and see.

gc212 said:
Hi Anxicious Waiter,

I got the similar Deficiency Letter from Virginia SESA. I will appreciate if you can tell me how did your lawyer resolve this issue. Any help is highly appreciated.

Hi Anxicious Waiter

Hi Anxicious Waiter,

Thanks a lot for your early reply. It helped me. Also kindly let me know if you guys took the services of professional survey agency or US DOL criteria. I will be speaking to my lawyer on Monday. I will appreciate if you can give me some details of survey process, as I am in a state of panic. My company will not increase my salary (very sure).

Thanks again.

Hi Anxicious Waiter

Hi,

I forgot to ask very important question. Was you RIR OR non-RIR?. If your's is NON-RIR then probably PHILLY will decide and tell you to run ads in newspaper. Mine is non-RIR.

Thanks again for your help.

My case is RIR. My suggestion is to talk to your lawyer first. What we did about survey is my lawyer found a survey company who has an existing compensation survey we can use. You lawyer will be able to tell you if survey might work for your case. I have a friend who also got similaor situation before and she had the offer salary increased to match the prevailing wage and she got labor approval 1 month after she submitted the response.

gc212 said:
Hi,

I forgot to ask very important question. Was you RIR OR non-RIR?. If your's is NON-RIR then probably PHILLY will decide and tell you to run ads in newspaper. Mine is non-RIR.

Thanks again for your help.

My LC moved to Philly

Hi Everyone:

My LC moved to Philly on 07/26/2004. I just checked AVM with employer's phone.

Thanks

orissa

I filed for RIR in January 2004

I am following the progress of Virginia SESA and it seems that they have been processing really fast. But I have a question, how long does it takes since the appilcation leaves SESA and goes to the Philadelphia office? Do all RIR applications go necessarily to the regional office? Please advice, i have been waiting so long and I hope somebody can answer my questions. :)

mvinays said:
Hello all,
I just called VEC, Richmond (Nine Miles Office). Mr. Richard Palmer told me that they are currently processing...

RIR: March 4, 2003 :)
Non-RIR: May 6, 2002

I believe they are moving at the rate of 2 weeks papers in 1 week. It will cover 2 months paperwork in 1 month.

Applied on 21st Feb 2003 RIR

Hi Guys,
My bro applied labor through rir from virginia on 21st Feb 2003. From Mr MVinays post virginia processing March 4th. How long do you guys think it will take to move to Philly? Also what will be the process after priority date and before going to Philly? Any information greatly appreciated.
Thanks
KK

CarolVA said:
I am following the progress of Virginia SESA and it seems that they have been processing really fast. But I have a question, how long does it takes since the appilcation leaves SESA and goes to the Philadelphia office? Do all RIR applications go necessarily to the regional office? Please advice, i have been waiting so long and I hope somebody can answer my questions. :)
CarolVA

All application have to go from State to Regional..No exception that I know of...

your application should go in a week's time to regional once cleared by state. But it might take as much as 2 months before it shows up in AVM Philly system..

Status
Not open for further replies.