Virginia SESA Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
VAPALabor said:
CarolVA

All application have to go from State to Regional..No exception that I know of...

your application should go in a week's time to regional once cleared by state. But it might take as much as 2 months before it shows up in AVM Philly system..

Thanks!!!!!!

08/05/2004: Philadelphia/Dallas Backlog Reduction Centers Contractor Job Opportunity

:cool: :) :mad: :(
The U.S. DOL reportedly awarded the contract to a private contractor in Lamham, Maryland, on June 30, 2004, named Exceed Corportion, to handle processing of the permanent labor certification applications at the Philadelphia and Dallas Backlog Reduction Processing Centers. The contract amount is $16,079,413.00. The Exceed Corporation is currently actively recruiting people to fill the positions including 60+ Analysts each to work at the Philadelphia and Dallas Centers. These jobs can open an opportunity for some of the current state labor certification staffs to get a job which they are familiar with.

Thank you

orissa

My State Labor is activated :)

All
I filed my labor on May 10 2002 @ VA - Non RIR. Finally my job order is activated. They are going to advertise, interview for another 45 days. Is there any chance for my labor rejection?

Is that depends on my manager how he is going to interview those new applicants?

This forum is very useful

Thanks Guys :) :)

So once ur date is current ( for me April 2003), then u receive a letter frm state labor that you should advertise for jobs? If yes, how long does one have to advertise and interview before that stage is cleared?

http://www.ows.doleta.gov/foreign/times.asp

Guys do not break our rule that only one of our friends, currently Vinay, will make a call to VEC, Richmond (Nine Miles Office).

Vinay, first of all I am very thankful of you and everyone here for updating us on the time, what happen today? We are waiting to see the update.

Guys as per our company layer’s last discussion with DOL officers, one of the major reasons behind the processing delay is FREQUENT CALLS they are receiving.

It is also not a bad idea to wait and check status at DOL site: http://www.ows.doleta.gov/foreign/times.asp. It is reliable data and they do update EVERY MONTH. By this way we can help ourselves.

TGIF news...

I just called VEC, Richmond (Nine Miles Office). They told me that they are currently processing...

RIR: March 18, 2003
Non-RIR: May 17, 2002

Also, the guy who spoke to me today from VEC told that he is helping out another analyst in Central VA (probably South Office) with RIR cases filed around Feb 10, 2003...

Sorry guys, I did not call the last two weeks because I was not well....I think I should relax and take it easy and not worry about things (like LC and immigration process) that I cannot control...I don't want to become a victim of anxiety disorder or panic attacks...My sincere advice to you guys is to not worry about the GC process unncessarily...Things happen at their own pace and time...We cannot control anything...Whether we get GC or not, life will move on...

Regards.

kisanjadhav said:
Guys do not break our rule that only one of our friends, currently Vinay, will make a call to VEC, Richmond (Nine Miles Office).

Vinay, first of all I am very thankful of you and everyone here for updating us on the time, what happen today? We are waiting to see the update.

Guys as per our company layer’s last discussion with DOL officers, one of the major reasons behind the processing delay is FREQUENT CALLS they are receiving.

It is also not a bad idea to wait and check status at DOL site: http://www.ows.doleta.gov/foreign/times.asp. It is reliable data and they do update EVERY MONTH. By this way we can help ourselves.

I am sorry, I was not aware of that "RULE". Last week MSVINAY was not able to make the call, is OK. At least we got an update.
Sorry if somebody got offended, it was not my intention. I have been calling for my case anyway once a month BEFORE i got into these boards. But I was not aware of the "RULES" They are not posted anywhere. :(

Two Qs for you guys

- Regular Labor for me. Once the dates comes, they ask to advertise and interview, right? How long does that go on for? Is this pretty regular or a very tricky thing to interview and 'reject' the appplicants
- Once state is clear, know how much time it takes for federal labor to clear...from Philly, right?

Labor Processing in VA

My labor application was filed under RIR in Virginia on Feb 11 2003 but even though the dept is processing apps file in March 2003, my app has not yet moved to region. Is there anyone else with tis kind of situation ?

TGIF Good News

I just called VEC, Richmond (Nine Miles Office). A gentleman told me that they are currently processing...

RIR: March 26, 2003
Non-RIR: May 28, 2002

mvinays said:
I just called VEC, Richmond (Nine Miles Office). A gentleman told me that they are currently processing...

RIR: March 26, 2003
Non-RIR: May 28, 2002

vinay once a date is current with state LC, how many time does it take for it to clear LC? I have applied for regular LC. Also how is the time take at Regional/Federal LC approval? Mine was applied in April 2003 regular.

dcmetro22042 said:
vinay once a date is current with state LC, how many time does it take for it to clear LC? I have applied for regular LC. Also how is the time take at Regional/Federal LC approval? Mine was applied in April 2003 regular.

It used to take 30 to 90 days at the Philly Federal DOL after clearance from Virginia SESA. However, since February of 2004 Philly DOL has comletely stopped processing cases (probably because they are waiting for the Backlog Reduction Centers to be established). Hopefully, they should come back on track to their normal processing times (30 to 90 days) after the Backlog Reduction Centers become operational (hopefully, in a month from now or so).

mvinays said:
It used to take 30 to 90 days at the Philly Federal DOL after clearance from Virginia SESA. However, since February of 2004 Philly DOL has comletely stopped processing cases (probably because they are waiting for the Backlog Reduction Centers to be established). Hopefully, they should come back on track to their normal processing times (30 to 90 days) after the Backlog Reduction Centers become operational (hopefully, in a month from now or so).
Thanks for the reply!
Vinay: For a regular LC, how much time does the govt ask the employers to advertise, etc. How much time does the whole process take between the advertisement, interview, response to govt and back frm the govt for approval?

PERM Final Regulation Rulemaking Process in ZigZag

:confused:

* There is a wide spread rumor in the immigration lawyers community that the OMB review will not be completed until the November election is over. This rumor is premised on the theory that the White House is strongly opposing this regulation for the reason that it may be taken as an amnesty by the public and can affect the election. However, this rumor can materialize only if the President turns down the regulation because of the law that governs the OMB review. Because of the OMB review rule, the PERM regulation will have to be either rejected by the President or approved within 180 days from the date of submission of the regulation by the DOL, which was February 23, 2004. Let's review the OMB review rules.

* The law that governs the OMB review is Executive Order 12866 of October 4, 1993. The Section 6 (b)(2) provides that OIRA (subunit of OMB) "shall" waive or notify the agency in writing of the results of its review within the following time periods: (A) For any notices of inquiry, advance notices of proposed rulmaking, or other preliminary regulatory actions prior to a Notice of Proposed Rulemaking, within 10 working days after the date of submission of the draft action to OIRA. (B) For all other regulatory actions, within 90 calendar days after the date of submission of the information..., unless OIRA has previsouly reviewed this information and, since that review, there hs been no matierial change in the facts and circumstancds upon which the regulatory action is based, in which case, OIRA shall complete its review within 45 days; and (C) The review process may be extended (1) once by no more than 30 calendar days upon the written approval of the Director and (2) at the request of teh agency head.

* The PERM regulation falls under Section 6(b)(2)(B) and (C). As we reported earlier, the DOL Foreign Labor Certification Chief disclosed that there was material changes to the Proposed PERM regulation as the DOL's final regulation incorporated substantial changes to the published Proposed PERM Regulation. Accordingly, under the Section 6(b)(B), the OMB was given 90 days to complete the review, which expired on May 21, 2004. However, the DOL Chief also disclosed that on May 21, 2004, it requested the OMB to extend the review because of the concerns of fraud raised by its sister/brother federal agencies and apparently part of the regulation were revised. Under the Section 6(b)(2)(C), the OMB was given only 30-day extension, which expired on June 20, 2004.

* Why this regulation is still under the OMB review and under what authority? The Section 7 of the Executive Order 12866 states that in the event that there is a conflict among agencies which cannot be resolved by the Director of OIRA(OMB), it moves to the Vice President to resolve the conflict and the President and Vice President make a decision. Under the provision, though, such resolution must be made within 60 days from the referral by the Director. Assumedly, this 60-day also expired on August 20, 2004. The fact that the case is still at the OMB reflects that the OMB could not resolve the conflict and turned over to the Vice President for resolution. Otherwise, the OMB should have completed by June 20, 2004 one way or another. The OMB cannot arbitrarily change the review period. Now the expiration date of the resolution of the issues by the Vice President and the President is gone, and the President must announce his decision. Under the Executive Order, he does not have authority to extend the OMB review any further, Either he should reject the rulemaking or approve it as far as this reporter see the Executive Order 12866. We hope to see such announcement within next week.
Interested persons may read the full text of Executive Order 12866.

Thank you,

orissa.

Status
Not open for further replies.