Virginia SESA Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
GC_Dec2002 said:
Hey Guys,

No one is there for helping me for this RFE.....Please....Please !!!!

Here is the problem I am facing right now. My RIR advertisement was placed in “Richmond Times Dispatch”. But my employer’s office in Fairfax, VA.

We got query from LCA, Nine Mile office, like this ‘why our company not advertised job posting in “Washington Times”. I don’t know what reply my attorney gong to give. When I talk to my attorney, they said they are talking with Analyst (who reviewed my file in LCA office).

I will let you know you guys once I hear final decision from my attorney.

If anybody had this experience please respond me and explain me what you guys did.

Kindest Regards,
GC_Dec2002

Sounds like your lawyer was trying to pull a fast one on you there as he may have thought that if you advertise in one of the major papers in the DC metro area, you may get lots of responses for your position.

Not advertising there carries a risk, the one that you are facing right now. Unless your company has an office in Richmond and you go there often for work related tasks, he cannot justify advertising in a far flung news paper.

I mean I would take the Washington Times over Washington Post anyday, I had to advertise in the Washington Post and got more responses than anticipated. But you got to deal with it differently.

IMO The only remedy might be to re-advertise in a paper in the DC Metro area.

H1B extension

Hi, everybody!
My question is not related to the thread, but may be anyone of you experiensed something similar and can give an advice. My friend's lawyer got two H1B visa extension papers for my friend: one for the employer and another one for the emploee (the form with I-94 on the bottom). The lawyer sent both papers to employer's address and the emploee's part has been lost. Unfortunately, and I think it's very unprofessional from the lawyer's side, the regular mail has been used, so there is no way to trace the document. The lawyer said that the only way to get the lost document is to refile the extension and to wait 6 more month for the approval, etc. Do you think it's true? The employer still has his peace of the document.
Thank you for your help.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fallow Deer said:
Hi, everybody!
My question is not related to the thread, but may be anyone of you experiensed something similar and can give an advice. My friend's lawyer got two H1B visa extension papers for my friend: one for the employer and another one for the emploee (the form with I-94 on the bottom). The lawyer sent both papers to employer's address and the emploee's part has been lost. Unfortunately, and I think it's very unprofessional from the lawyer's side, the regular mail has been used, so there is no way to trace the document. The lawyer said that the only way to get the lost document is to refile the extension and to wait 6 more month for the approval, etc. Do you think it's true? The employer still has his peace of the document.
Thank you for your help.
Copy of employer's piece is good enough. If u insist on having the originals then the bottom portion of employers copy is yours. You can ask for it. But a full copy of employers piece is more than enough for your records.

H1b

naving said:
Copy of employer's piece is good enough. If u insist on having the originals then the bottom portion of employers copy is yours. You can ask for it. But a full copy of employers piece is more than enough for your records.

Thanks a lot, naving! Does it mean that my friend can revalidate his H1B visa just with the employer's piece of the document? Where we can verify that?
Thanks again for your reply!

Fallow Deer said:
Thanks a lot, naving! Does it mean that my friend can revalidate his H1B visa just with the employer's piece of the document? Where we can verify that?
Thanks again for your reply!
I assume your employers copy has the whole portion(including i-94). There is nothing called employer and employee copy, u can even request 3 copies. But when it comes the upper portion is for employer and lower is for employee by books. As long as u carry the copy of the whole thing its good enough or the original or copy of lower portion. Your employer shud have the whole portion or atleast a copy of it. if possible get it attested. Its good for revalidation.

naving said:
I assume your employers copy has the whole portion(including i-94). There is nothing called employer and employee copy, u can even request 3 copies. But when it comes the upper portion is for employer and lower is for employee by books. As long as u carry the copy of the whole thing its good enough or the original or copy of lower portion. Your employer shud have the whole portion or atleast a copy of it. if possible get it attested. Its good for revalidation.

I see. I believe you are mistaken. The difference between employer's and emploee's copies is exactly in this missing i-94 piece. The document the employer gets doesn't have i-94 on the bottom. This is the same format document but with empty bottom. May be this is a part of some new regulations, but I'm sure because I have seen both documents (for my case). But thanks anyway.

07/01/2004: DOL Seeks Comment on Labor Certification Application Process and Form

Foreign Labor Certification Division of the DOL/ETA sought OMB permission on June 21, 2004 to publish a notice for comment on ETA 750 form which is used for the labor certification application and this notice is published today in the federal register.Read on.

Thanks

orissa.

orissa,
Did Virginia SESA finally process your LC application and send it to Philly DOL? If I rememebr correctly, you had a SESA receipt date in early January 2003.
Best of luck!

Still waiting for transfer notice.

mvinays said:
orissa,
Did Virginia SESA finally process your LC application and send it to Philly DOL? If I rememebr correctly, you had a SESA receipt date in early January 2003.
Best of luck!

Dear mvinays:

Thanks for your inquiry and concern. I am still waiting to know when my LC moving to Pilly. I talk to my attorney he did not received anything yet.
BTW what is your SESA receipt date ?
Thanks

orissa

RIR or a Non RIR

Gurus,

I have a question, this might had been answered somewhere but I could not find it.
I Have a fax from my Lawyer/Employer about my labour filing but it does not say what category it wsa filed in, RIR or a Non RIR(EB2 or EB3).
I have the Case No from the Virgina Employment Commission, Nine Mile Road, Richmond.
Is there any way where I can find the category of my labour application. I am asking all you Gurus because my employer and lawyer are really not professional and do not tell me any information. Infact my employer told me that they had filed my labour in Jan 2003 but I came to know later that it was filed in the Non RIR category, then they promised me that they gonna transfer it from non RIR to RIR , PD being the same. The revoked the old application and filed a brand new labour(sad story I know).
Now I seriosuly dont know how do I find out my category of my labour application. Is there any website or a phone # I can go and check all that information.
Any help would be really appreciated.

NoLabour

TGIF good news

I just called VEC, Richmond (Nine Miles Office). An Asian lady answered my call and told me that they are currently processing...

RIR: January 23, 2003 (Again, moved very fast this week....) :)
Non-RIR: March 26, 2002

South Office Update

this is getting too hard to bear..the South Office is Processing 15th October 2002. RIR

LC status

Hi everyone:

The va SESA curently reached January 23, 2003 as per the latest update by our good friend mvinays. I called my attorney he did not received anything from va SESA. I checked Philly office (215) 8615286, entered my case mumber , the system replies "your case not found"

Does anyone has any idea how long it will take to reach Philly.

Thanks

orissa

Hi orissa,
VEC case number is not same as Philly DOL's case number. After VA SESA forwards your case to Philly, they will assign a new case number at Philly DOL.
Note that VEC case number won't work on Philly's AVM.

I called the following VEC phone number last Friday to get the updated processing dates:
804-236-2717

You may want to call them at the above phone number and give them your VEC case number to get an update on your case. Refrain from mentioning that you are the benefeciary because they may refuse to give you the details.....technically, the laywer or employer are supposed to call VEC to get an update on case status.

Good luck!

Delay LC

mvinays said:
Hi orissa,
VEC case number is not same as Philly DOL's case number. After VA SESA forwards your case to Philly, they will assign a new case number at Philly DOL.
Note that VEC case number won't work on Philly's AVM.

I called the following VEC phone number last Friday to get the updated processing dates:
804-236-2717

You may want to call them at the above phone number and give them your VEC case number to get an update on your case. Refrain from mentioning that you are the benefeciary because they may refuse to give you the details.....technically, the laywer or employer are supposed to call VEC to get an update on case status.

Good luck!

Thanks mvinays:

I jus called VEC, the gengtle man was so nice and humble. what he said we send RFE to your lawyer on 23 june and waiting for a reply regarding your non-RIR LC aplication. I feel like I screwed up again, and it will delay the process again soem more month or may be year.

Thanks

orissa

Hi orissa,

Sorry to know about the RFE.

Note that many SESAs have only about 30 to 45 days time to respond to NOFs or RFEs from the date SESA mails it to the lawyer. Request your lawyer to respond to SESA's query as soon as possible. Else, SESA will simply close your case if they won't receive a response in time from your lawyer.

Best of luck!

Current processing dates...

Hello all,
I just called VEC, Richmond (Nine Miles Office). A gentleman told me that they are currently processing...

RIR: January 30, 2003
Non-RIR: April 1, 2002

I am in dilemma

Hello Virginia SESA tracker friends,
My labor was filed in aug 03. I was thinking that VA is taking too long to process. So meanwhile I had talked with my client abt changing employer to some fast GC processing co. But now looking at fast pace of VA SESA I'm not able to decide what should I do. Even if I wait till I get thru from VA SESA, therez still a wait for about 1 year on DOL. Please suggest me if I should wait on VA or get it done from some fast processing state...

thanks in advance...

Philly DOL is expected to pickup speed when the Backlog Reduction Centers open up in Dallas and Philadelphia. VA is almost processing at double the speed nowadays. It may be wise to wait for a few months and then try to change companies if LC filed from VA does not get certified....This just my thought.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer. Don't construe my posting as legal advice. Use it at your own risk.

Status
Not open for further replies.