Virginia SESA Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
senqumar said:
Just wanted to let you know they sent a query in my case for title difference, that is ETA-750A form has position as "Software Developer" but the advertisement state the position as "Programmer Analyst. Please clarify.

I guess it is the lawyer's mistake. Lawyer now requested a letter from HR saying that both the title represents the same job responsibilities.

Mine was filed under RIR dt Nov 26 2002 and received a query on June 3 04.

Anybody else got similar query ? how to check the status after the lawyer responded to the query ? Any clues ?
I received a letter asking to fill the missing items in ETA-750A and provide clear doc to prove that American workers were not qualified. The letter was sent out on 5/3/2004. We reponsed this week. The attorney told me that DOL will inform us after they have received it, and we will receive another notice when the LC is transferred from locale to Regional DOL in Philiadephia, PA, which may take about 4-6 weeks.

South Office Update

Man was he pissed this week...all he told me was that he is processing October 2002....

Hi Guys,
I am new comer and wanted to know which areas are represented by two offices that you guys so often talk about. One is nine miles and other is VEC.

Thanks

Anyone around 12/2 RD got approved at state level?

Dear All:

I was wondering if anyone around Dec 2 receipt date got approved from Nile Mile Road office? Please advise. Thanks.

Today's update is coming soon....!

Hello everyone:

Today's latest update is coming soon within a hour or so. For your information
our good friend "mvinays" calls every week sometime around 10AM to nine mills office.

Stay tuned to this thread, the update is coming soon....!

Thanks and happy Friday.

Orissa
:( :mad: :eek: :)

Current Processing Times...

Hello all, :)
I just called VEC, Richmond (Nine Miles Office). Mr. Richard Palmer told me that they are currently processing...

RIR: December 16, 2002
Non-RIR: February 15, 2002

My RIR case (with Nine Mile office) receipt date is Dec 2, 2002 but I haven't heard anything about my state labor yet. :((( I don't know what happened. Is there a phone number I can call to check my case status from an automatic service by providing my case number (just like the way we can check on our H1B processing status from a designated phone number)?

Hi anxicious waiter,

Call this number 804-236-2717/804-236-2708 and give your case number (if you don't have ask your lawyer) tell them you need to know the case status. I recently checked my case status.

Senqumar:

Thanks for your reply. I have the case number and I will try those 2 phone numbers to find out.

senqumar said:
Hi anxicious waiter,

Call this number 804-236-2717/804-236-2708 and give your case number (if you don't have ask your lawyer) tell them you need to know the case status. I recently checked my case status.

Labor receipt date..

State labor docs sent on 06/18 and are expected to receive by SESA today. Will they give receipt date as today OR when they open it.. If so, how many days they take usually before they send a receipt date since I only have 4 days left before my 6th year starts and am thinking about 7th year extension which requiires 365 days before filing...

:confused:

RIR Advertisement Mistake.

Hey Guys,

Here is the problem I am facing right now. My RIR advertisement was placed in “Richmond Times Dispatch”. But my employer’s office in Fairfax, VA.

We got query from LCA, Nine Mile office, like this ‘why our company not advertised job posting in “Washington Times”. I don’t know what reply my attorney gong to give. When I talk to my attorney, they said they are talking with Analyst (who reviewed my file in LCA office).

I will let you know you guys once I hear final decision from my attorney.

If anybody had this experience please respond me and explain me what you guys did.

Kindest Regards,
GC_Dec2002 :confused:

Need Help - Deficiency Letter from state employment commission

Dear All:

I got a letter of deficiency from Virginia Employment Commission stating they think my employer's offer wage doesn't meet the prevailing wage for the position. Has anyone had the similar experience? There are level 1 and level 2 wages for the position. We (my lawyer and I) used level 1 (the lower wage) as the prevailing wage because the requirement is Bachelor degree with 2 years of experience. But the VEC stated a level 2 wage ($35000 higher than the level 1 wage) as the prevailing wage. Should I argue with them by having a professional survey done to show the wage for my position in this area is lower than the level 2 wage they cited. Do I have a good chance of persuading the certifying officer? Please help! I am so frustrated and worried!! I appreciated any input of yours.

Please make it clear wage level 1 = ?
level 2 = ?
And how much you get in real ( From your pay check) ?

Tks

orissa

anxicious waiter said:
Dear All:

I got a letter of deficiency from Virginia Employment Commission stating they think my employer's offer wage doesn't meet the prevailing wage for the position. Has anyone had the similar experience? There are level 1 and level 2 wages for the position. We (my lawyer and I) used level 1 (the lower wage) as the prevailing wage because the requirement is Bachelor degree with 2 years of experience. But the VEC stated a level 2 wage ($35000 higher than the level 1 wage) as the prevailing wage. Should I argue with them by having a professional survey done to show the wage for my position in this area is lower than the level 2 wage they cited. Do I have a good chance of persuading the certifying officer? Please help! I am so frustrated and worried!! I appreciated any input of yours.

orissa said:
Please make it clear wage level 1 = ?
level 2 = ?
And how much you get in real ( From your pay check) ?

Tks

orissa

Orissa:

I work as a Market Research Analyst. The level 1 prevailing wage for this position is about $38000 and the level 2 prevailing wage is $72000. My employer's offer wage is $60000.

TGIF good news!!!

VERY GOOD NEWS!!!!!!!! They are finally in 2003 now. They seem to be moving very fast... :) :D :D

I just called VEC, Richmond (Nine Miles Office). Mr. Richard Palmer told me that they are currently processing...

RIR: January 10, 2003 :D :D :D (moved very fast this week....)
Non-RIR: March 5, 2002

RIR Advertisement Mistake.

Hey Guys,

No one is there for helping me for this RFE.....Please....Please !!!!

Here is the problem I am facing right now. My RIR advertisement was placed in “Richmond Times Dispatch”. But my employer’s office in Fairfax, VA.

We got query from LCA, Nine Mile office, like this ‘why our company not advertised job posting in “Washington Times”. I don’t know what reply my attorney gong to give. When I talk to my attorney, they said they are talking with Analyst (who reviewed my file in LCA office).

I will let you know you guys once I hear final decision from my attorney.

If anybody had this experience please respond me and explain me what you guys did.

Kindest Regards,
GC_Dec2002

an_anonymous said:
Is it possible to re-advertise in a leading newspaper and send in the results??

Hi an_anonymous,

It is possible to re-advertise in local paper. But do they agree or not, I don't know. And you are saying "send in the results" means what is that.

Please elaborate it. Thanks for your response.

Regards,
GC_Dec2002

Hi GC_Dec2002,

Since VA SESA asked as to why the advt was not posted in a leading daily like Washington Times, what I think is you could ask your attorney to mention to SESA that it was then done in “Richmond Times Dispatch” but would be happy to do it again in a local leading daily (Washington Times or Washington Post) and then send in the results of this ad.

Just my thoughts. Run this through your attorney and see what he/she feels.

Good Luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.