Virginia SESA Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
update

Just spoke with VA, Labor. THey are almost done and said there is one more shelf left which could take less than a week.

Extension

Hi,

Not directly related, but any help would be appreciated

Since VA LC is taking so long, I wont qualify for a 7th year extension which needs LC to be pending for year. My visa will expire before my LC goes thru at this rate in VA.

My question is can i go back to my country, and wait until the LC is approved, and apply for a 7th year H1B extension from there?

Thanks

I140 Premium processing-Mid April

I saw in usabal.com that CSC is going to startI 140 premium processing in the mid April.I called them and asked about Vermont and other centers.They mentioned that California Center may be starting a month ahead than other centers.
I think all of us will recover our elapsed time in GC process if this comes true.

Prasad

Just a note for you. VSC is the fastest center for I 140 anyways as it takes just 2 months to get it in VSC. But definitely if it goes into premium processing then that means we can even get it in 15 days.

Rfellow did you call Richmond office???

When I spoke to the SESA last (a couple of days back) they were saying it will take 2-3 weeks atleast but then now they are saying just 1 more week. I just hope your news is more accurate (keeping my fingers crossed).

No Title

Yes, those are his words. HE said there is only one shelf remaining and that it usally takes a max of one week to clear one shelf.

based on the long email...lc will take?...

Hello all,
Do not mean to depress the group, but based on the long email(which was written by GC_IS_A_DREAM, my opinion is that labor will take at least a 1.5 years for people whose priprity date is 3-5 months after april 30th...i.e those guys who are august/sept dates (and even if they are RIR).
unless they start premium processing for labor as well. I was happy to hear the I140 premium processing, hope that one works out well for all.
Again a tonne of thanks to all who have been updating this info. I have asked my lawyers for some of the same Q\'s (why virginia delay and what abt prem processing). will post that on this forum if anything worthwhile is communicated.

Regards,
EtchOneBee

No Title

Hi EtchOneBee,

I have applied my LC under RIR in Aug/2001.So far I have not Received Acknowledgment Notice from SESA.Generally SESA sends Acknowledge
ment as soon as they receive the application.In my case it is not
happened.Now a days is it a common thing or what I need to do.
Please give me suggestion.

Thanks.

Try calling Richmond SESA and ask the lady if your case has been filed

When I did not recieve any acknowledgement for month. I clled the lady and asked her if they had filed my case or not. Sometimes the lawyers recieve receipts but do not convey it to clients. You need to give your employer name and phone number along with your name to get the information.

No Title

Just now I called my attorney, so far they have not received the
receipt from SESA.Does that mean SESA has not received my appliation?
Could you please let me know that ph number , so that I can call them.
Thanks

Labor-10 months

I spoke with my lawyer and he said that I can expect my labor from 2-3 months from now.My PD is June25,2001.I told him that everyone is saying that it is going to be 6 months from now and he replied that VA labor dept is taking 10 months-max for labor clearance in most cases.

Hi labor_final

Can you please update in this thread after you get your approval.According to my view,it seems that they are taking 12 months for labor approval in VA.But it will be in 12 month period only if they move to May RIR after April or else we will be pushed to 18 months to get VA labor.

He might be right.

I filed my Labor on 10th of July 2001 and I was talking to my lawyer.
According to him I should get my labor in couple of months. Also
he told me that as per his experience I should be able to file for my 485 also by the end of this year. He also mentioned that we will be having premium I-140 processing starting from April / May.

Hope all these information is correct.

Sure....Prasad

Really I am getting lot of good information thru this debate...I love to update and keep this discussion alive.

Rfellow and others

I just called SESA. To a mister Primer. He always answers the (804) 236 2717 phone. He said they were still doing 27th April for RIR and it would be a few weeks before they will move onto 30th april.

Can you all check your source of info for the accuracy of this information.

As this person always says the same thing to me. A couple of weeks more.......

it is More than Labor-10 months

yes I filed in last May, so May to March 10 month period is over. still not sure how long its gonna to be...

Status
Not open for further replies.