Virginia SESA Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are fast right now.....

They are processing very fast now!!!
My case was May 20th, 2002 but they are asking for a lot of additional evidences.
I hope it will be ok. I have a big knot in my stomach.
I hope I will soon join the Philly DOL list though.

Kyo

RIR processing June 7, 2002

Called at around 12:30 PM EST on February 10, 2004.

RIR processing June 7, 2002.

Let us wait for another update until Friday noon. thanks,

All the above great dates are for Northern Virginia , the cases filed at Richmond are still lagging behind. I spoke to Mr.Blair at Richmond,and he is still processing the first week of April 2002 :-(

i was under the impression that there's only one state level labor dept here in virginia, and that's at Richmond.

so all labor apps in the state would be filed at richmond.

is there another office in N.Va that approves labor apps too?

can't believe how slow this thing is moving.

-R

Is there any one (we need only one) who volunteers to call and update the Richmond office processing dates. Remeber, every call into the office takes away the time from the application processing. So, let us limit our calls and have one of us update this forum twice or may be thrice a week.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone know if changing jobs i.e reporting to another manager( and not job title).. within the same company matters as far as green card processing is concerned. Any thoughts anyone..please let me know.

Ok..whats the true story here

is richmond RIR April or June...there are 2 conflicting responses on these threads now.

please let it be June!

Folks
Heres an interesting link

http://www.murthy.com/labdate.html

this link shows the Virginia processing dates as May 2002 for RIR. Now that tells me that April 2002, which we all are debating about, is not a likely date even for applications from Richmond. I just pray that Richmond is currently processing June 2002.
Thanks

This is so frustrating!!

VA SESA (VEC) has moved forward 5 months in 10 months. In April 2003, they were processing cases from January 2002. It is Feb 2004 now and they are still processing June 2002. This waiting time is soooo frustrating!!!! MD caught up really fast after clearing April 2001 cases. They moved 8 months in 4 months. I dont understand why we have such varying degrees of processing times. Is there a theory that explains it???!!! There are many other states which process LC applications in just a few months. We are very so unlucky to be applying through VA SESA.

Richmond VS Northern. VA?

Originally posted by lcwait
June 7, 2002 for Northern Virginia RIR applications and April 2002 for Richmond RIR applications.

I don't think there should be 2 dates for VA. Do anyone know about this? All VA labor cert cases are processed in Richmond. I'd like to get confirmation about this. Please feel free to share what you know. Thanks!

VA SESA - Strange Processing Times

Hi Guys,
I just noticed a strange thing in the database I downloaded from the following link:

http://flcdatacenter.com/casesearchperm.asp
The above link says:
If you have a fast internet connection you can download the entire Permanent Certification database in a 32 meg. zip file by clicking here.

I downloaded the database and started running queries to make reports on processing times.

Surprisingly Philly DOL has received 27 cases from VA SESA which have a SESA Receipt Date (VA) between Jan 2003 and Sept 2003. My case was filed in April 2003 and this means that it must probably be at Philly DOL already. Can anyone please explain what is going on?

I used the following query after importing the data in the Access database:

SELECT * FROM <table_name> WHERE STATE = 'VA' ORDER BY R_SO DESC

(where R_SO is the SESA receipt date.)

Then see the first 27 rows returned by the query. This is surprising!

Last edited by a moderator:
Mvinays Did u mean 2002 and not 2003 in your earlier post. Please clarify .............

Surprisingly Philly DOL has received 27 cases from VA SESA which have a SESA Receipt Date (VA) between Jan 2003 and Sept 2003. My case was filed in April 2003 and this means that it must probably be at Philly DOL already. Can anyone please explain what is going on?

laborpain,
It is 2003. I am damn sure. I did not mean 2002. Here is the data in an Excel file. You can download the following Excel file and see the data yourself.

Mvinays
Yes its very surprising infact one name is familiar on this list so this list is authentic , now its adding further to our confusion. I dont know man.... I really dont understand why some applications in 2003 are approved and those in 2002 are still not approved.

Here is a theory that I am hypothesizing....but I don't know if this is true.

"The pilot backlog reduction centers processed about 1500 LC applications (Gaitherburg, MD??) to come up with some sort of a set of standards for processing LC cases. These cases of VA SESA between Jan 2003 and Sept 2003 might be a subset of those 1500 cases."

Status
Not open for further replies.