Very important question on J-1 waiver,why is there no information when i checked my status

Hi Britz 1955. I am from India. I am sure you will get your waiver soon. All the best for your F1.

Hello, everyone!

A brief question:
My sponsor has applied for one year J-1 extension.And the petition is still on pending.
My question is:
If I apply for the waiver right after I received the extension and the waiver will be granted, will the extension have an impact on my waiver?
My fiancee and I are going to get married this upcoming fall. But I want to stay on J-1 one more year. So I will apply for AOS next year.
If I have been granted the waiver , but at the same time, I have also been granted the extension, will I still be able to use my waiver next year for the AOS marriage-based?

Thank you for your time.:)

DOS St Louis received DS-3035 Apr20 09 and still nothing

It may take up to 12 months till it show up in the system, even you may receive the approval before the system is updated. Which category you applied in?

Hi all, this is my first post. I'm living in the US under a O-1 visa but I still have the 2-year home residence req from my previous J-1 visa. I'm a little desperate and looking for any advice you could give me on what to do. The St Louis waiver review division received my DS-3035 application Apr 20 and cashed the cashier's check Apr 21 (we are talking almost 3.5 months ago) and I still haven't heard anything. My home country's embassy sent St Louis and me the NOS letter immediately after. Whenever I check the status online it says there is no information regarding my case. I have called the public inquires number many times and no one knows anything. They gave a fax number to send my complaint but the fax number turned out to be from the USCIS in Washington DC. USCIS actually sent me an email saying they didn't have any record on my case number. I believe USCIS doesn't have any record because St Louis has not sent them my paperwork. How long can my application be stuck in St Louis? Is there any way to reach someone in St Louis to ask what is going on? Do you think the time I have waited is excessive, or should I calm down and and just wait? A friend of mine applied and in one month he had the waiver in hand, how can you explain the difference in processing time??

Thanks a lot in advance for any advice
adrijuan

a J-1 vaiver problem

I have filed my J-1 visa waiver documents in May and the money order had been cashed on Mar 20th, but I cannot see my case status at DOS website, even it is not pending!

When I check my case status, the DOS website shows "Currently, there is no information regarding the status of your case. If you would like additional information, please call Public Inquiries at 202-663-1225". When I call the above number, they told me that my case still is not in their system.

Does anyone meet such kind of problem? and any suggestion? Thank you very much for any kind information!

Hi Guys,
Congragulations on the favourable recommendation..Great Job!!! i did ask my embassy to send them a NOC and they told they would fax it but my online status still shows that NOC is not received...so , i think that it is time for me to be more proactive to see that the DOS receives it...i am waiting till this friday to see if there is any updates in my case and if there isn't any , then i will be going to D.C to personally request them to send the NOC and will try paying them for the express mail..

Hi gasman007,
I am in the same cituation- no trace of my NOC. I am trying to contact washington DC embassy (India)- but no luck.. Can you please tell me the sp contact name/number.
Thanks.

Hi, adrijuan, I am having the same problem as you stated. I sent my waiver application in November 2009 and until now (more than 4 months) when I entered the case number, it's still showing "Currently, there is no information regarding the status of your case. If you would like additional information, please call Public Inquiries at 202-663-1225". Any idea what I can do? Did you get anything until now?