Very important question on J-1 waiver,why is there no information when i checked my status

Hi Guys,
Congragulations on the favourable recommendation..Great Job!!! i did ask my embassy to send them a NOC and they told they would fax it but my online status still shows that NOC is not received...so , i think that it is time for me to be more proactive to see that the DOS receives it...i am waiting till this friday to see if there is any updates in my case and if there isn't any , then i will be going to D.C to personally request them to send the NOC and will try paying them for the express mail..

Hi ivanmladek,

Have you received the "favorable recommendation" letter from DOS in the mail yet? I need this letter to apply for the work visa but DOS seems to be taking their time mailing it now...

I applied for my J1 extension and I started waiver application before I received the new DS 2019. Therefore, I only submitted the first DS2019 for my waiver. DOS confirmed they received my DS2019 and now I am waiting for the decision from DOS. It has been 5 days and I do not see any decision yet. Does the extension affect my waiver application?Or should I be patient waiting for few more days. I read that some people just wait for 2-3 days to get decision.
Should I submit the second DS 2019 to DOS?
I am anxious about the result...

What happens if I don't send a copy of the new DS-2019 to DOS?
Does DOS have the information about my extension?If so, are they waiting for the new DS2019?

If they give favorable recommendation before the new DS2019 arrives(because it takes 2 weeks for them to update a new document) and later they find they receive a new DS2019, will it affect anything?
I am so worried now....

Should I call DOS and ask?Anybody know a specific number and numbers that I should press to talk DOS officer directly?

Thank you all in advance. I am hoping to get a waiver soon.Below is my timeline so far..

No Objection Statement Received April 20, 2009
Fee Received December 22, 2008
Form DS-3035 Received December 22, 2008
Form DS-2019 Received December 22, 2008
Passport Data Page Received December 22, 2008
Letter of Representation Received December 22, 2008
Statement Of Reason Received December 22, 2008

I applied for my J1 extension and I started waiver application before I received the new DS 2019. Therefore, I only submitted the first DS2019 for my waiver. DOS confirmed they received my DS2019 and now I am waiting for the decision from DOS. It has been 5 days and I do not see any decision yet. Does the extension affect my waiver application?Or should I be patient waiting for few more days. I read that some people just wait for 2-3 days to get decision.
Should I submit the second DS 2019 to DOS?
I am anxious about the result...

What happens if I don't send a copy of the new DS-2019 to DOS?
Does DOS have the information about my extension?If so, are they waiting for the new DS2019?

If they give favorable recommendation before the new DS2019 arrives(because it takes 2 weeks for them to update a new document) and later they find they receive a new DS2019, will it affect anything?
I am so worried now....

Should I call DOS and ask?Anybody know a specific number and numbers that I should press to talk DOS officer directly?

Thank you all in advance. I am hoping to get a waiver soon.Below is my timeline so far..

Form DS-2019 Received December 22, 2008

Normally, the J1 extension application will NOT affect the J1 waiver application.

But if your J1 waiver application is pending, it may affect your J1 extension application. Because J1 visa is a nonimmigrant visa, without dual-intent (H1B visa is dual-intent) (see http://www.greencardapply.com/j1.htm)

So, if your J1 extension application is approved already at this time, it will not affect your J1 waiver application.

Hi. I agree with vector P. Extension of J1 is allowed if the decision on waiver is pending. I also had to extend my J1 because my current DS2019 will expire on may14, 2009 and the waiver is pending. I also suggest that you send the new DS2019 to DOS to keep ur case up to date. Thats is what my university advised.

Thank you

Dear VectorP and rsneeti,

Thank you for the replies. I received my new DS2019 in January and I have been keeping it until today and never send to DOS because I don't know that I have to update my case.

Until today May 2, my case is still pending.Is it because they are waiting for my new DS2019?

NOS has been received on 20 April.
I have been trying to call DOS and I was on hold for 2 hours few times.I gave up. Seems impossible to talk to the officer...

I am going to apply for F1 visa in July in my home country(Malaysia). Any advice about it?
I heard Change of status takes 4-6 months and I want to start school in August.

Thanks...

Az

Hi Britz 1955,
I do not know if thats the reason you have not got the waiver as yet. there is no way to know it. I have also tried calling DOS and had the same experience as yours. My NOS was also received on April 23, 2009 and the decision is pending. anyways, just send your new DS-2019 with a cover letter that you were unaware that you had to submit this new form.

I am sending DS2019 to DOS

Hi rsneeti,

Thanks for the reply. I will send the new DS2019 to DOS.If it arrives after they make the decision I think it will be ok.At least I try to send everything.

So we both waiting for the decision..hope we will receive good news soon.
Where r u from?
I saw many cases took few days to receive decision..
Please update me with your status ok..

Az

Hi Britz 1955, Good that you sent the DS-2019. Atleast they will have it in their records. Yes, lets hope that we get the favourable recommendation soon. All the best.

dear rsneeti,

They already received the new DS2019 and the previous DS2019 was replaced. That is quick...usually they took 3 weeks to update but now it is instantly...hope to hear the result soon.

Form DS-2019 Received May 05, 2009

Hi Britzz and Rsneeti,

I am in the same situation like you, and I need help. I need to send my new DS 2019 and my waiver is still pending. I applied waiver 3 weeks ago, and I can not see any information regarding my status online. They have not updated it yet. Anyways, I have 3 questions that I need to ask your opinion regarding sending my updated DS 2019, and I would really appreciate your help.

1) What address did you send your new DS 2019 to? (The ones in St. Louis , MO or the one in Washington DC)

2) Did you write a memo stating why you are sending this document? If so, can you please tell me what you wrote?

3) Was there anything else you added in your mail?

I would appreciate your help, and look forward to hearing from you guys. Thanks very much in advance....

Hi eck 132,
1. I sent my DS-2019 to the washington DC address.
2. I put in a cover note saying that my university had requested extension because my waiver is pending and my current J1 status would have expired soon.
3. I also put in a copy of all the old DS-2019s that I had sent earlier, although this may not be required.

Thanks very much for the prompt response, Rsneeti. Did DOS confirm the receipt of your new DS 2019 form? (via DOS status check webpage)?. If so, how long did it take for them to update it?

Thanks very much for the help.

Hi rsneeti and eck132,

I didn't include the old DS2019 that I already sent.
My situation is I already received the new DS2019 4 months ago but I am unaware that I need to send the latest DS2019 to DOS. SO I just keep it with me until recently.

Make sure you write your case number, waiver basis and also country of last residence on the envelope. Also, if you send via courier, make sure you write the 3 info on the courier package. I did that and it may help VO to enter the info in their system.

PLEASE HELP!!!!

I am on a J1 visa too and I have until July 16 (including the 30 days grace period) until my visa expires.

I sent my documents to DOS on January 28 and from the tracking information, they received it on Jan 30.
It's May 8 now and when I check my status online, it still says CURRENTLY, THERE IS NO INFORMATION ON THE STATUS OF YOUR CASE.

I called the not-so hotline a few days ago and the person that I talked to said that I have to know if the money order had been cashed and if it had been, then I can fax the receipt to the waiver division and ask them to look into my case.

I went to the post office where I bought the money order and they informed me that it takes 30 days!!!! to know whether the money order had been cashed or not.

I faxed a letter to DOS today, including the tracking confirmation that they actually received the documents. Hopefully they will send me a reply.

I also received an email from my home country that I was granted an NOS today, May 8.

I really don't know what's going on.

Please send me a message here.

Thank you

Congratulations rsneeti

rsneeti,

Congratulations on your favorable recommendation. I am still waiting for mine.It is still pending. What country are you from? My DS2019 expires in October 2009. I am going home to my country to apply for F1 visa in July.
Any tips or advice?Thank you.