Very important question on J-1 waiver,why is there no information when i checked my status

honesttt

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,
I sent my waiver application to St Loius about a month ago and i kept on checking my status to know if they did received my application and up till,i have not seen anything on my status,please does anyone knows how long it would take them to put this information on my status.

Thanks.

Hi All,
I sent my waiver application to St Loius about a month ago and i kept on checking my status to know if they did received my application and up till,i have not seen anything on my status,please does anyone knows how long it would take them to put this information on my status.

Thanks.

It may take up to 12 months till it show up in the system, even you may receive the approval before the system is updated. Which category you applied in?

Hey Honesttt,
I am in the same boat as yours..i too send them the documents a month back and i am not able to track down my case number.....i called the public inquiries and then they gave me a fax number to fax my concern .......then , i went to the bank where i took the money order for the application fee and enquired if the money order was processed or not and they told me that it was indeed processed on Jan 28th and the money went to the account of the DOS.........so , now i know that they have started to process my application...you can try this idea with your bank...
A friend of mine who applied for a waiver last year had the same problem and she was not able to check the status online and she told me that she was never able to check her status online and eventually she got her waiver issued in the mail by both the DOS and the USCIS.
my e-mail is nymcgasman@gmail.com .....In case if you want to get in touch with me and work towards this process of getting a waiver , then do drop me an e-mail..i think we are in the same stage of the waiver process..
thanks,
Best,
A.

I applied for a No Objection Statement and i sent my application from Europe,but the issue of the money order,i do not know how i will track that ,has i bought in at Kroger store in December while i was on a visit,well all i can do is to hope that my application have started being processed.

guys,

i want to know if the people who applied with the DOS are able to track the status of their application by entering their case number or not......please do contribute to this thread even if you are able to check ur status or not.........

it has been over a month that i sent the DOS my application but i can't trace the status of my case number online.....so just anxious...

i humbly request the people who have knowledge in this issue to contribute to this thread.
thanks,
Best,
A.

Hang on

Don't get too worried, they do take some time to update. My case is recent

I sent all my documents on Dec 3rd 2008. My country consulate sent the NOS right away
Case status was updated on 7th Jan with all docs received and got my favorabale recommendation update on 11th Feb 2009. Waiting for the actual letter from DOS and USCIS....

Hey, chexter,
thanks for the post my friend..yes , i understand that it will take some time...
congrates on getting the waiver .... My home country embassy too sent them the NOC right away...
will keep checking my status online...
Thanks,
A.

Hi chexter,
You know what.... i am able to check the status of my documents online today.....they just updated the system today....
I see that they have received all my documents.......there is a section named as others and the status is received.....Does the "others" include the NOC from the embassy of my home country?? I am asking this as they have already sent the NOC to the DOS....i am just wondering if it shows as "others" or shows specifically as the "NOC" when u try to check the status of your waiver application on the DOS website...

Best,
A.

Hi chexter,
You know what.... i am able to check the status of my documents online today.....they just updated the system today....
I see that they have received all my documents.......there is a section named as others and the status is received.....Does the "others" include the NOC from the embassy of my home country?? I am asking this as they have already sent the NOC to the DOS....i am just wondering if it shows as "others" or shows specifically as the "NOC" when u try to check the status of your waiver application on the DOS website...

Best,
A.

The NOC will show up seperately on the DoS website and is not included in the "Other" row. I recently applied for my fiancee and this was indeed the case - the "Other" status showed up as soon as the application materials were received by the DoS but the NOC status showed up seperately when they received the NOS from the home country's embassy in Washington DC.
It doesn't matter if you have sent the NOC to the DOS. The DOS waits for direct communication from your home country's embassy in Washington DC. Until that is received there will no information in the status for the NOC.

A favorable recommendation was issued in her case just yesterday so we are very happy. Now we have to wait for the DOS notice and the final USCIS notice.

AP

Hi Tabaliya,
Firstly congragulations on receiving your waiver.......My home country embassy has sent me a copy of the NOC to me and the DOS .......i received my copy on feb 12th......which is like 3 weeks back .......Can you please let me know as to how many days after you received your copy of NOC from your home country embassy was it updated in the website of the DOS......i am asking this as it would take approximately the same time for me and the DOS to receive the NOC from my home country embassy......

BTW , my home country is india..

Hi Tabaliya,
Firstly congragulations on receiving your waiver.......My home country embassy has sent me a copy of the NOC to me and the DOS .......i received my copy on feb 12th......which is like 3 weeks back .......Can you please let me know as to how many days after you received your copy of NOC from your home country embassy was it updated in the website of the DOS......i am asking this as it would take approximately the same time for me and the DOS to receive the NOC from my home country embassy......

BTW , my home country is india..

I also sent you a PM but here is the info:

This was for my fiancee.

Dec 31, 2008: NORIs sent to Chicago Consulate of India
Jan 7, 2009: NOC Cert from the CGI Chicago received
Jan 22, 2009: NOC from the Embassy of India issued (although it reached us later - see below)
Feb 5, 2009: NOC from the Embassy of India received
Feb 10, 2009: DOS website showed the NOC from the Embassy of India as received
Feb 24, 2009: The favorable recommendation from DOS issued

Hope this helps. All the best.

AP

hi my name is sadia i have come in usa in august 2007 on j-1 visa (2 years rules applies )(i have one year visa)as
Montessori teacher i m working on this visa can i get married with green card holder boy or i can only get
married with citizen bcoz i dont want to go back from here and want to get married as soon as possible please
tell me what to do and how to do ???my visa is going to be finished in july 4,2009 i m worry about it
please let me know if u know somthing..

I also sent you a PM but here is the info:

This was for my fiancee.

Dec 31, 2008: NORIs sent to Chicago Consulate of India
Jan 7, 2009: NOC Cert from the CGI Chicago received
Jan 22, 2009: NOC from the Embassy of India issued (although it reached us later - see below)
Feb 5, 2009: NOC from the Embassy of India received
Feb 10, 2009: DOS website showed the NOC from the Embassy of India as received
Feb 24, 2009: The favorable recommendation from DOS issued

Hope this helps. All the best.

AP

Update:

Mar 9, 2009: Received the USCIS I-612 Notification of final approval of the J-1 waiver
We are pleasantly surprised - the final approval from USCIS took less than two weeks after DOS sent its recommendation for the waiver (on Feb 24).

Any updates on your case? All the best. Hope your's comes through soon.

AP

Hi Tabalilya,

Congragulations on your successful venture!!! our online status still shows that the NOC from the embassy of our home country has not reached the dept of state , though i have received the copy on feb 12th..and the NOC was dated 23rd january ....

I think that i will wait till this friday to see for any new updates and if i don't see any updated then i will ask the indian embassy to resend the NOC to the Dept of State..

Hi Tabalilya,

Congragulations on your successful venture!!! our online status still shows that the NOC from the embassy of our home country has not reached the dept of state , though i have received the copy on feb 12th..and the NOC was dated 23rd january ....

I think that i will wait till this friday to see for any new updates and if i don't see any updated then i will ask the indian embassy to resend the NOC to the Dept of State..

Any luck in your case?

AP

Hi gasman007,

I have the same problem as you, I filled in the online application, got the case number and sent one package to the DOS and the other package to my Embassy on Feb 26 as instructed on the online package we get. My Embassy sent the NOC letter right away (on Mar 9) but my status only showed up online on March 16 and it didn’t list the NOC letter. I'm afraid that because my Embassy sent the NOC letter before the application package got to the DOS they might have "lost" the letter, which is an absurd since they never mention that you need to wait for anything before having the Embassy send the NOC, and the fact that they give us the case number and the document to send to the Embassy with the rest of the application documents makes it even more unacceptable that they don’t keep the NOC letter if it is received before the application at the DOS... But I don’t think there is much we can do other than complain and have our Embassy resend the letter…
What did end up doing? Did your NOC show up eventually or did you have to request your Embassy to resend the letter?

Hi Lucy2009,
Ya..i totally agree with your opinion and the post...i called the public inquiries and they were the one who said that if it received before ur case is updated , then there is always a chance that they would not keep the track of the NOC sent by the embassy of the applicant's home country...
It is upto us to see that the NOC reaches them as it is our career , which is at stake..

I did call up the indian embassy and asked them to resend it and then told me that they would fax it to them ...so i am hoping to see an update of my application this friday...
If it still doesn't show the update, then may be i have make a visit to the embassy in D.C..
keep me posted on your status and your plans regarding this issue..

Hi Lucy2009,
Ya..i totally agree with your opinion and the post...i called the public inquiries and they were the one who said that if it received before ur case is updated , then there is always a chance that they would not keep the track of the NOC sent by the embassy of the applicant's home country...
It is upto us to see that the NOC reaches them as it is our career , which is at stake..

I did call up the indian embassy and asked them to resend it and then told me that they would fax it to them ...so i am hoping to see an update of my application this friday...
If it still doesn't show the update, then may be i have make a visit to the embassy in D.C..
keep me posted on your status and your plans regarding this issue..

Same situation here, Czech embassy sent NOC before my file was updated at DOS and was never entered into the system. I had to ask Czech Embassy to sent NOC again which was entered into the DOS online system in 3 (!) days.

Hi all,

I have an update, I checked my status today and the NOS shows as received and I got the favorable recommendation, they "found" the NOS yesterday... I had asked my Embassy to resend the letter but my status was updated before they sent it, so it seems that the problem is random but in any case it is probably better to wait for the DOS to receive the application before having the Embassy send the letter. Now I need to wait for the final approval from USCIS...

This is my timeline so far:

02/25 - Documents sent to St. Louis via Express Mail
02/26 - Documents received in St. Louis
03/09 - Embassy sent the NOS.
03/16 - Waiver status showed up online.
03/23 - NOC shows as "received" and "Favorable Recommendation" issued.

Hi all,

I have an update, I checked my status today and the NOS shows as received and I got the favorable recommendation, they "found" the NOS yesterday... I had asked my Embassy to resend the letter but my status was updated before they sent it, so it seems that the problem is random but in any case it is probably better to wait for the DOS to receive the application before having the Embassy send the letter. Now I need to wait for the final approval from USCIS...

This is my timeline so far:

02/25 - Documents sent to St. Louis via Express Mail
02/26 - Documents received in St. Louis
03/09 - Embassy sent the NOS.
03/16 - Waiver status showed up online.
03/23 - NOC shows as "received" and "Favorable Recommendation" issued.

I just got my "favorable recommendation":
Recommendation Sent March 23, 2009
No Objection Statement Received March 18, 2009
Fee Received February 05, 2009
Form DS-3035 Received February 05, 2009
Form DS-2019 Received February 05, 2009
Passport Data Page Received February 05, 2009
Statement Of Reason Received February 05, 2009
Other Received February 05, 2009