Uscis Is Ridiculous!!!!!!

mesbahul

Registered Users (C)
I called USCIS regarding my situation. I am an asylee planning to apply for GC in Jan 2008. My question to them was about follow to join. I am planning to get married before I get my GC approval and try to do a follow to join after my GC approval. The rep as well as the supervisor had no clue what follow to join was!! The supervisor tells me you can get married as an asylee and file I-730 to get wife here. My reaction was "are you sure?". I told her for I-730 to be effective, I am supposed to have been married to my wife before I got my asylum. The form also clearly confirms my statement. She still insisted that what she said was right. I was not in the mood to argue. Could she be correct?

Mesbahul,

I have seen your very same post in different threats. Anyways, you can not do a follow to join. You got your GC thru asylum, unfortunately your future wife can not obtain a green card benefit thru you.

An I-730 will not work either, since you have to been married with your wife BEFORE the grant of your asylum.

USCIS customer service or the national customer service are not helpful at all, we know more than they do.

Your only option will be to wait till you are a USC... then you can sponsor your wife... or file an I-130 when you are a GC holder and wait around 4 to 5 years.

If you still not convinced ask an immigration lawyer.

Mesbahul,

I have seen your very same post in different threats. Anyways, you can not do a follow to join. You got your GC thru asylum, unfortunately your future wife can not obtain a green card benefit thru you.

An I-730 will not work either, since you have to been married with your wife BEFORE the grant of your asylum.

USCIS customer service or the national customer service are not helpful at all, we know more than they do.

Your only option will be to wait till you are a USC... then you can sponsor your wife... or file an I-130 when you are a GC holder and wait around 4 to 5 years.

If you still not convinced ask an immigration lawyer.

I totally agree with this assessment. USCIS customer service are not law experts - they are just that - customer service reps. I have yet to talk to a competent CSR who actually knows the laws.

I called USCIS regarding my situation. I am an asylee planning to apply for GC in Jan 2008. My question to them was about follow to join. I am planning to get married before I get my GC approval and try to do a follow to join after my GC approval. The rep as well as the supervisor had no clue what follow to join was!! The supervisor tells me you can get married as an asylee and file I-730 to get wife here. My reaction was "are you sure?". I told her for I-730 to be effective, I am supposed to have been married to my wife before I got my asylum. The form also clearly confirms my statement. She still insisted that what she said was right. I was not in the mood to argue. Could she be correct?

Yes as ccordova624 said you have been asking this question again and again. We are sorry to disappoint to you but what you are doing will not work. Under current law there is no follow to join benefit for asylum green card holders period. Follow to join benefit attaches only to asylees as of the date of the asylum grant.