Us ten year bar expired..do i still require us waiver?

shakha

Hi -
i had 10 year bar for over staying my visa/ illegal presence. I'm canadian citizen now. My 10 year bar expires in may 2011.. I landed in canada in may 2001. I emailed cbp regariding my situation..and i got two responses back from cbp. Both responses contradict each other. One agent states as long as i don't have any other (criminal or otherwise) issue, i do not require us waiver.. But second response from different cbp agents states..because i have history of visa violation..i still need to apply for waiver!!
Law clearly states i should not ave to apply but...i'm confused..any help would be appriciated..thanks....
Btw i was in states from age 13 to 24.

IF you have completed the ban then no waiver is required but you do have to apply for a visa.

thanks for replying....
yes i have been out of usa for since 2001 and bar will expire next month..but visa??? eventhough i have canadian passport!!

thanks for replying....
yes i have been out of usa for since 2001 and bar will expire next month..but visa??? eventhough i have canadian passport!!

You are a known immigration law violator and that is your penalty for it.

'known immigration violator'..thanks...but i thought penalty for violating the law was ten year bar!! btw bigjoe..where is the source of your info..are u immigration lawyer or personal experience?? can u direct me to specific website where i can get more info on this...thanks again.

See INA 217 (a)(7) "no previous violation" and (g) "visa application"

INA 212 (a)(6)(C)(i) "has procured" "admission"

Doesn't INA 217 refer to the VWP, which doesn't apply to Canadian citizens? I don't recall our visa exemption to be subject to past acts.

mr cafeconleche....i okay..thanks for attempting to help me..but i dont think u know much about immgration laws... you sent me link to site for 'u.s. waiver' which does not apply to me....again bar expires after ten years!!!
TO BIGJOE5.. INA 212 (a)(6)(C)(i) DOES NOT APPLY TO ME...AND INA 217 (a)(7)..I COULD NOT FIND IT ON GOOGLE...
IN ANY CASE I SPK TO CBP OFFICER AT PEARSON..THEY CHECKED MY FILE..(I HAVE MY FILE# FOR 10 YEARS AG0 WHEN THEY REFUSED ENTRY).. THEY CONFIRMED I AM ELIGIBLE FOR TRAVEL TO USA..AS LONG AS I CAN SATISFY CBP AGENT THAT I'M NOT GOING TO STAY IN US AGAIN...(JOB LETTER, PROP OWNERSHIP) ETC.. AND YEH...FYI...CANADIAN CITIZENS/PASSPORT HOLDER DO NOT REQUIRE ANY VISA TO ENTER USA NO MATTER WHAT SITUATION IS....AGAIN ONE MIGHT REQUIRE 'U.S. WAIVER' BUT NOT VISA FOR CANADIANS!!!