US Passport Timeline

And I could never see my daughter's status online. When queried, i was told that since she was a minor, her status will not be displayed.

Received Passport book and naturalization certificate together today. Waiting for card. I applied at post office, same day as I took my oath. Applied expedited and paid overnight express fee. Not bad-it includes the 4th of July weekend.

Wow! I guess this really makes it official-well the oath did. But as I was looking at the pages, i was reminded of all my travels from childhood till now as an Indian citizen. I guess I will be travelling as a U.S citizen

EEk! I guess when they scream Death to America-that includes me now!!:eek:

now I have to do the OCI !!It never ends. :D

Finally received PP for my daughter, about 10 days after we recevied ours.

Congratulations! Did you (or did the ask for) submit your marriage certificate? I am still waiting for my daughter's passport after submitting our marriage certificate two weeks ago (they had sent us a letter asking for it). I called once but they have no information, they just asked me to wait few days since New Hampshire facility for passport was overly busy this season according to the customer service representative.

Congratulations! Did you (or did the ask for) submit your marriage certificate? I am still waiting for my daughter's passport after submitting our marriage certificate two weeks ago (they had sent us a letter asking for it). I called once but they have no information, they just asked me to wait few days since New Hampshire facility for passport was overly busy this season according to the customer service representative.

Jigesh, Thanks. We are so relieved now. No they did not ask for our marriage certificate, i didnt receive any letter from NPIC.
All I submitted was my daughter's BC and Green Card togther with all our applications. My wife's NC was copied by the clerk and attached with my daughter's app. The clerk at USPS was specifically looking for both parents names on her BC.
After we'd received our Passports, i called twice, send an email once. All 3times I was told it was being processed and that if they needed additional documentation, they will either call or send a letter. I didnt get any.
And yes, there is a lot of rush, I think you will get your kid's PP soon. All the best!

Thanks. I called them this morning and they said they mailed documents and passport of my daughter in one envelope today. So I guess I should get it early next week. The online status is still the same ("processing....."). My daughter's birth certificate, too, had names of parents on it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Online status?

I applied for a passport card on July 1 at a local post office (regular processing). I did not have a check-book with me and I had to buy a money order to pay for the application, so I can't verify if the check was cashed. However, there is still no record of my application in the online passport application status database at the State Department's website.

How long does it usually take before the online status shows up? Thanks.

For me took about 6 days to show up. However I received my passport and the status still shows it is being processed. Hmm maybe because they are processing my card?

Applied passprt on July 04. Received passport and Certificate on July 11

I am curuous: How were you able to apply for a passport on July 4, the Independence Day, given the fact that it is a federal holiday and all the post offices and federal offices were supposed to be closed? Also, did you request expedited processing?

I am curuous: How were you able to apply for a passport on July 4, the Independence Day, given the fact that it is a federal holiday and all the post offices and federal offices were supposed to be closed?...

At some oath ceremonies, they accept passport applications.

At some oath ceremonies, they accept passport applications.

Yes, but are there really any oaths administered on July 4? I thought that all federal buildings and offices are closed then...

Yes, but are there really any oaths administered on July 4? I thought that all federal buildings and offices are closed then...

Hi

Yes, we took oath on July 4th, USCIS had a big ceremony in Portsmouth, NH. They were also accepting Passport applications at same place. USCIS provided Passport application envelops at the time of Interview itself.

We applied passport Book and card on same day (not expedited), just got lucky I guess :)

Hi

Yes, we took oath on July 4th, USCIS had a big ceremony in Portsmouth, NH. They were also accepting Passport applications at same place. USCIS provided Passport application envelops at the time of Interview itself.

We applied passport Book and card on same day (not expedited), just got lucky I guess :)

Interesting, thanks for the info! Did you receive the card too?

I applied for a passport card on July 1 at a local post office (regular processing). I did not have a check-book with me and I had to buy a money order to pay for the application, so I can't verify if the check was cashed. However, there is still no record of my application in the online passport application status database at the State Department's website.

How long does it usually take before the online status shows up? Thanks.

I called the State Department's passport information line today and, after about 20 minutes on hold, managed to talk to a customer service rep. She said that she does seem my passport card application having been received and being processed. She also claimed that they are having a lot of problems with the online status system and that I am likely to receive the card before the information about my application appears in the online system. Does not sound particularly consistent with other people's experiences, but that's what I have been told...

Thanks. I called them this morning and they said they mailed documents and passport of my daughter in one envelope today. So I guess I should get it early next week. The online status is still the same ("processing....."). My daughter's birth certificate, too, had names of parents on it.

Received daughter's passport and all original documents today. The online status still shows "processing."

Can we travel with indian passport

Applied for a passport yesterday and was told that it would take six to eight weeks to get my passport.

A friend of mine who applied a month ago for his passport is yet to receive his. So that forced me to pay to expedite the process, since I have a trip planned for early August.

In the meantime can we travel with indian passport.

In the meantime can we travel with indian passport.

As a US citizen, you have to exit and enter the US with a US Passport only. You can use your Indian passport in other places (by the way, your Indian passport will become invalid the moment you get your US citizenship) but you have to use a US passport for the US. No exceptions.