US Passport Timeline

I travel abroad all the time and I am currently travelling in Europe. I bought two international tickets just in the last month and no passport data was required, now or in my previous purchases. If this info is ever requested at the time of purchase, it certainly is optional.
well, I usually buy tickets through british airways and was sure that serial #s are required but probably you right so I'll try it. Thanks!

Received passports for myself and wife. Somehow, my minor daughter's passport status still shows in "processing" - we all applied together. I had submitted her greencard and birth certificate (original, copy, translation) as well. Haven't received any letter if anything additional was required. In some cases, they ask for marriage certificate of parents which I did not include since the post office where I submitted applications did not ask for it. Her birth certifcate has names of both parents - so I don't see why a marriage certificate would be needed. Any way, will wait and see. Luckily, we don't have any foreign travel plans this summer.

Don't worry, kids passport sometimes take longer than parents. I wouldn't try to make anything out of this delay.

Received passports for myself and wife. Somehow, my minor daughter's passport status still shows in "processing" - we all applied together. I had submitted her greencard and birth certificate (original, copy, translation) as well. Haven't received any letter if anything additional was required. In some cases, they ask for marriage certificate of parents which I did not include since the post office where I submitted applications did not ask for it. Her birth certifcate has names of both parents - so I don't see why a marriage certificate would be needed. Any way, will wait and see. Luckily, we don't have any foreign travel plans this summer.

do not worry your head over this. when i applied( normal process) for myself and my minor child, i received my passport in eleven days and received that of my child in 18 days. it is normal, you will receive the kids passport.

Update. My wife received the PP Card today. We both waiting for the NC.

6/20/2009: PPC arrived for me
6/22/2009: PPC arrived for wife

Received Passport Cards

Passport timeline:
06/03/09: Applied for PPB and PPC at post office, Regular processing
06/08/09: Checks cleared (ACH debit)
06/09/09: Online status established on travel.state.gov
06/18/09: Online status: 2 passports mailed, 2 passports "processing"
06/19/09: Passports received (self and wife)
06/22/09: Received Passport Cards (self and wife)

Got letter today requesting our marriage certificate as I suspected. I don't know why they need it, but any way, will mail tomorrow.

Got letter today requesting our marriage certificate as I suspected. I don't know why they need it, but any way, will mail tomorrow.

I am in a similar situation. My kids' passport applications are still pending as I failed to submit their greencards (which I had in my pocket all the time when I went to the post office). I was getting worried as I have not received any letter regarding this.

My wife's naturalization certificate has NOT been returned yet and I assume that this is because it is required for the kids' passport processing.

Have you or your wife got your NC back?

Last edited by a moderator:
Another update. I received NC still waiting on my wife's.

6/25/2009: NC arrived for me

passport timeline

Anyone in the group recently applied for a passport. Wondering what kind of timeline are we looking at? Also does it make a difference where we applied for passport? I am wondering if all passports are produced at a central location versus regional centers?

Looks like I'm also in a similar situation with my Kid's application. I'd had applied for PP for myself, wife and Minor daughter, regular processing. We received our passports in about a month, kid's passport is still 'processing'. I called the toll free number last friday and they said my daughter's passport was being processed at the National Passport Center. No news as of yet. I'd submitted her BC, Green Card along with our applications. We come under San Francisco PP agency....?

6/23/09: Applied for PPB at post office, expedited processing
6/29/09: Online status established on travel.state.gov (expedited processing, 2-3 weeks processing time noted)

Another update.

6/25/2009: NC arrived for me
6/29/2009: NC arrived for wife

6/23/09: Applied for PPB at post office, expedited processing
6/29/09: Online status established on travel.state.gov (expedited processing, 2-3 weeks processing time noted)

6/30/09: Got my passport book (separate from Naturalization Certificate). Expedited service took exactly one week.

Is it just me or is the US passport oddly garish with all the multi-color graphics on the visa/stamp pages? My old passport looks positively dignified in comparison....

...Is it just me or is the US passport oddly garish with all the multi-color graphics on the visa/stamp pages? My old passport looks positively dignified in comparison....

Unless they issued you a special/diplomatic passport :D, yes, the new US passport with electronic chip has pages with different graphics and quotes on each page with a variety of multi-color/multi-shade watermarks.

Payment for 2 applications on 1 check

The post office clerk asked me to write 1 check for total fees (expedited) for me and my wife

Is that common? She also sent both our apps in 1 Express mail together

Is it just me or is the US passport oddly garish with all the multi-color graphics on the visa/stamp pages? My old passport looks positively dignified in comparison....

That was my reaction at first too, and then I realized that it's actually a book of sort on its own. It has interesting quotes and nice pictures. I like it. My other passports are nice too, but a bit boring in my opinion.

NYC Timeline

Applied for a passport yesterday and was told that it would take six to eight weeks to get my passport.

A friend of mine who applied a month ago for his passport is yet to receive his. So that forced me to pay to expedite the process, since I have a trip planned for early August.