US citizen parents sponsoring over 21 son..

Hi i got this message
Your card is being produced on 15 april
But i still didnt recieve anything beside
When i want to check my case statues now ,its give me user defined error!!?
What is the problem

filed separate i-130 for my parents(mom and dad):
Q1: do I need to fill one I-864 and make copy for my mom OR fill two separate forms.
Q2: are they going to be interviewed separately?
Q3: what happens to the joint docs like marriage certificate and others?
I need help please.
Aos29

Can someone direct to page in this forum that is active on filing for parents? I posted questions since and no one has visited the site or help. Even a posting made since April this has not been attended to. Please help. Thanks

Can someone direct to page in this forum that is active on filing for parents? I posted questions since and no one has visited the site or help. Even a posting made since April this has not been attended to. Please help. Thanks

This is a public forum. If people choose to answer, they can - but there is no one being paid to answer or "attend" to your questions. Reading older posts can help when researching a specific question - but if you need help urgently, you might want to consider consulting a lawyer.

Please my priority date is current on the date for filing chart but not current on the final action date chart. However, we are informed that we can use the date for filing chart, what does this mean, please?

Please my priority date is current on the date for filing chart but not current on the final action date chart. However, we are informed that we can use the date for filing chart, what does this mean, please?
Are you currently residing in the US?

Hi. Hope you are well. We are siblings and the filing was done for us at the same time but one of us has received the instruction letter from NVC but the others have not. Any special reason?

Hi
I am a US citizen and am looking to help my parents get GC (permanent residency) in the US. As I understand this requires both I-130 and I-485 . They will be visiting the US soon, so hopefully I will be able to file both simultaneously
For I-130, looks like I have to get the following affidavits:
1. Birth date affidavit from parents/ close family members
2. Marriage date affidavit
3. If no birth certificate is available - an affidavit that states from a sub-registrar office in India that there is no such birth certificate

These are covid times across the world and India as well. For my parents to travel to the far out locations where they were born and spend days to try and get #3 above seems to be a major challenge. What can they do to avoid this. They will be travelling shortly to the USA

Please let me know
Also Can I file for their I-130 AND I-485 while they are here on visitor visa?

Thanks

Hello Everyone, Is there any way to expedite I-130 application for an unmarried child over 21 with EU nationality and was born in India?

Hi,

I'm single, over 21 living in the US with "PR pending", my parents are GC holders. They will get their US citizenship in 2007 so my priority date will automatically come closer. My question is, will I get a GC right away...or will I first get a work permit, followed by a GC? Has anyone experienced this situation? Anyone know the rough timeline?

Many Thanks!
Hi there,

It's great that your parents are Green Card holders. Well! I can offer some general information.

Typically, the process involves several steps. Once your parents become U.S. citizens, they can petition for you, and your priority date will become current based on the filing date. However, the specific timeline can vary based on factors such as visa availability and the USCIS processing times.

In many cases, individuals in your situation might first apply for a work permit (Employment Authorization Document or EAD) while waiting for their Green Card (GC) application to be processed. The work permit allows you to legally work in the U.S. during this waiting period.

I would highly recommend consulting with an immigration attorney like xxxxx xxx. or use official government resources. They can provide personalized advice based on the latest immigration policies and regulations.

Best of luck with your immigration journey!

Last edited by a moderator: