US citizen parents sponsoring over 21 son..

Relevant questions

Hello everyone,
I have been reading here for a long time and have received valuable insights from this forum. THank you to all that continue to contribute and help others. I have a few questions. My mother filed I-130 in 2004 for my brother and myself (both over 21) while she was a PR (Priority date March 5 2004). I am here in the US on F-1 and have been here since 2000 on F-1. I am currently on OPT which will expire in July 2010. My brother is in Trinidad waiting.

My mother became USC last year and I sent the paperwork to update her status. We received the approval letter from USCIS shortly after, and confirmation that we were upgraded to FB1 soon after.

As of right now, January... our priority date is current! Yayy!!:)
Now I want to make sure I understand what I have to do before I do anything.
From what I have read here, I should now file I-485. :confused:

-Do I just go ahead and file it before I receive any notice from NVC?

-Since I have EAD valid until July, do I need to file for another work permit?

-Will my brother in Trinidad receive instructions or does he need to do anything on his own now?

I understand that he will go through consular processing while I will go through adjustment of status here.

Thank you for any advice

Hi everybody. My question to people of knowledge. I am almost 34 Y.O. now. My mother, being a permanent resident, filed a petition I-130 for me, as an married child over 21 years of old, in April 13, 2001, under 245(i). She became a citizen in June 2008. Am I eligible for the status adjustment? I have no status now and our family have been in US since 1992 without leaving it. What do I have to do to become finally legal? File I 485? Is there guarantee for success after paying fees totaling $2010? Do I have to hire a lawyer?

Move forward or no?

I forgot to mention that i didnt apply while i was underage,i applied when i was 24 years old. :(
thanks all

I had new recipe note!
Is it a move forward or what? :)
Did somebody else receve it?
I got recipe that sais my I 130 is moved now to NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTAR because now theyhave jurisdiction over the case ???!!!
What does it means?

Thanks all :)

Green Card for my Daughter

I am a green card holder; last year I applied for immigration visa (Green Card) for my daughter; she is under 21. I have received her approval and the category is 2A. However, I think by the time her visa number comes up she will be over 21 years. Since her application is already approved will she continue to be in category 2A or will it be changed. Please let me know when can I expect an Immigration visa for her.

Green Card for my fathe, no birth certificate

I am US citizen and want to apply for GC for my father. Unfortunately he does not have his birth certificate as he was born in the part of India that is now in Pakistan. Can anything else be used in place of his birth certificate? please advise.

I have a doubt regarding my eligibility for the USA Permanent Residence (or Green card). Following are my case details(All dates are in DD/MM/YYYY format):

My uncle(mother's brother) filed the petition for my family's immigration on 19/06/1992 and the date of priority was set as 09/07/1992. We received the letter from USCIS on 19/02/2003 and then the DSL forms on 08/09/2003. We received the forms for my parents, my younger sister and myself under the child protection act. So, we filled up the forms and paid the visa fees for all of us on 25/09/2003.

Thereafter the visa call came on 01/03/2005. At that time my name was removed from the list (may be since 21 yr age limit didn't hold ) and no fees were returned. My mother then visited the US on 07/07/2005 and then next year she filed the form I-824 on 26/06/2006 to reconsider my petition. This was also rejected due to some misunderstanding on their part.

So, now please guide me how can I receive my permanent residence card. If my mother files the form I-130 for me under the category F2B(More than 21 yrs old unmarried son or daughter of a Permanent resident ), can she claim the old priority date for that (i.e. 09/07/1992)? If so, how long can it take before I can receive my green card?

Waiting for your reply.

Thanks in advance

im 23y old & my mother applied for me for immigrant visa before i was 21
she wasnt usc & approval notice appeard on 2 march 2009,reciet date may 4 2006,priority date 24 april 2006.
a month ago she became a usc
what is the next step to do
& how long do i have to wait for interview
please inform me as she is sick & if i can do something to make this faster please let me know

Relax, by the time you graduate, F1 will reach Dec. 8, 2006. Things are going good in that category, it is the fastest category right now because there is less demand. In March of this year F1 was at 22 Jul 2002, nine months later it is April 1, 2004.. Just pray things remain the same, which I think it will.

April 2010 08JUL04
March 2010 22JUN04
January 2010 01JUN04

It's going extremely slow, with the current proceeding! I got a feeling it won't reach 2006 even by the end of this year which means I have to stay in school for another year!!

i am from Africa, am over 21 and an living in the US, i have a friend who didnt have a son and wants to have me as an adoptive child so she wants to file a permanent resident for me, is it possible for she to do this.

hi i am over 21 and am living in USA, i met a lady who didnt have a son and wants to adopt me as a son. can she be able to file a green card for me

I had new recipe note!
Is it a move forward or what? :)
Did somebody else receve it?
I got recipe that sais my I 130 is moved now to NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTAR because now theyhave jurisdiction over the case ???!!!
What does it means?

Thanks all :)

I just got new notice that my I-130 petition for category unmarried son more than 21 is approved and like i was thinking i check the bulletin so now in May receive Visa petitioners from 2004!
How is possible that my Visa, application is approved and i should wait like 4 more years? :) :(
Can somebody explain me better than that sites?

Please help, and thanks all.

Hello everyone,

I am from India and now an american citizen. I filed for my parents and unmarried siblings in 2008. My parents are now in United states and have their green cards. Now, Is it worth it for my green card holder parents to file for their unmarried children?

One of my friend is in the same situation as you are but he was filed back in Aug 2008 right now the current PD family based category 1 in Apr 2009 and he has been stuck in this month (or retro) for over a year. His parent became citizen this month so now they're in the process of upgrading his petition from category 2B to 1. You are not eligible to file for GC or EAD until your PD becomes current. Once your parents become citizen, they'll need to upgrade the petition, then wait until the PD becomes current. In the meantime you are not eligible for EAD. Hope this helps.

Why dont you persoanlly sponsor a child here in the staes. you do not know that the child is getting all of it. besides somebody should invest in birth control methods for people in countries to poor to have them and support them.

Hi, My situation is something similar to everyone. My Father is Permanent Residence and he filed for me on Oct,2008. I am unmarried and on H1-B and over 21yr. Last week we received a Approval notice I-797 - from USCIS saying our application is approved and file send to NVC. NVC now will contact us for further process. What does that mean?
- Does that mean i will receive my GC within a year?
- How long this process will take?
- What will be the next step? Can i apply for EAD on Family Based GC?

Any advice will be great.
Thanks