US citizen parents sponsoring over 21 son..

Hello everyone, just wanted to let you know I have my fingerprints appointment on Dec 12th.

Hi, thank you for keeping us posted. Looks like things are moving along!
A question for you: in your timeline you said that your documents were received by USCIS on October 24th. I thought you can only send documents after priority date becomes current per visa bulletin, which in your case is November 1. How does it work?

Thanks!

Hi, thanks for posting your story. Could you please post you full timeline including priority date , when you became current, sent in documents, fingerprints, when you received ead and travel documents etc.

Thank you!

Hey everyone
Looks like everyone has some complication of some sort. This is so frustrating sometimes.
My mom got naturalized in 2001 and immidiately applied for my Bro and I we were already 21 and not married.
My I 130 was transfered in ca May 2006
approved April 2007
received work permit in july 2008
yesterday received the interview letter for late January

It was a long journey. I can't wait to hold that GC lol

Application Type: I130 , IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN

MY PROFILE: Over 21 y old, unmarried and have a us born 1 year old

FILING : Dec 2001 us citizen mother

Current Status: On October 5, 2006, we transferred your I130 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN to an office in CALIFORNIA SERVICE CENTER for processing. That office has jurisdiction over the case. They will send you a written decision as soon as processing is complete. You should receive a notice informing you that your case has been transferred to a local office.

On October 25, 2006, your I130 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN was received here for processing. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. Follow the the link below for current processing dates.

On April 5, 2007, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I130 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service.

In between we contacted a paralegal who called uscis for us in apr and found out our visa were ready so he made us filed i 485 , i 765, made med test, background check support papers etc... then we receive a letter to go for the fingerprints I dont remember when but I think it was about 15 - 20 days before we receive this notice (july 29)

On July 29, 2008, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I765 APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service.

we, then, go to the social security department to apply and received it in a week and applied for drivers license with the social receipt and received it in a month but had a temporary authorization to drive the same day cause I had a drivers license before.

November 25th - Interview appt for January 29th, 2009

Now, I read this post today and saw a discussion about the 245 i law which I checked and found the existence. I'm a little worried that the interview might go wrong just because my mom applied after apr 2001. hmmm....[/I]

Last edited by a moderator:
tikyut,
Can you please tell me to which service center did your mother filed your petition in Dec 2001? And from where did you receive the first letter dated Oct 5th 2006, informing you about your case transfer to CSC?
I filed for my adult son in April 2001 as an LPR at Vermont service center. Now I hope to get my citizenship soon and upgrade this petition to FB1 and consequently the PD will become current. I live in California now and my son lives in NewJersey. Where should I expect my file to be and where will they send the relevant papers- to me or to my son?

Can you please tell me to which service center did your mother filed your petition in Dec 2001?

Florida

And from where did you receive the first letter dated Oct 5th 2006, informing you about your case transfer to CSC?

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)

Where should I expect my file to be and where will they send the relevant papers- to me or to my son?

Vermont service center I would think unless they sent you a notice of change/ to the address you put in your application if you didn't change it

Yes, I should have sent my docs in after Nov 1, but it didn't matter because 10/24 ~ end of October so they were accepted. However, work only began after Nov 1.

ULTRON

Hi, thank you for keeping us posted. Looks like things are moving along!
A question for you: in your timeline you said that your documents were received by USCIS on October 24th. I thought you can only send documents after priority date becomes current per visa bulletin, which in your case is November 1. How does it work?

Thanks!

It's nice they didn't return your whole package as they do with citizenship applications even if they were sent just a day early. Something to keep in mind in the future. :)
Yes, I should have sent my docs in after Nov 1, but it didn't matter because 10/24 ~ end of October so they were accepted. However, work only began after Nov 1.

ULTRON

Can you please tell me to which service center did your mother filed your petition in Dec 2001?

Florida

And from where did you receive the first letter dated Oct 5th 2006, informing you about your case transfer to CSC?

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)

Where should I expect my file to be and where will they send the relevant papers- to me or to my son?

Vermont service center I would think unless they sent you a notice of change/ to the address you put in your application if you didn't change it
Tikyut,
I think Florida comes under the jurisdiction of Texas service center. However since the letter mentions that it has been moved to California service center, I assume that your current address is in California or is it your mother’s address? You have received letter from USCIS alright but from which service center or is it National Benefit center? You can locate the address at the bottom of your letter. Please let me know. Any idea what kind of interview it will be for you?
Since I (the petitioner) live in California and my son (beneficiary) lives in New Jersey I was wondering who USCIS will send the relevant papers/ letters to?

Hello guys...
Im stuck in this paper works...

These NVC guys are just irritating.. they keep on asking for some or the other document now and then...

They needed the originals of all of paper...birth ceritificate, police verifications. etc.. etc ... n to my nightmare i submitted the attested copies...
after sendin the originals now... they need the Affidavit of support papers again...as they say it has some problem with signature or the the colour of pen used to sign on the papers...whatever....:mad:

We have again sent them the required papers.
I dont know when my interview would be scheduled....:mad:

Hopefully things would go right this time...its sick waiting and still waiting more

~ 15-18 months counting from Nov 2008 for GC.
~ 3-4 months counting from Nov 2008 for EAD.

ULTRON

Ultron, how long do you think it will take to get your GC after you submit your I-485?

Trust me, my family has been dealing with these monkeys since 1998. The best way to deal with them is have patience and comply with their requirements. Welcome to the US world of immigration.

ULTRON

Hello guys...
Im stuck in this paper works...

These NVC guys are just irritating.. they keep on asking for some or the other document now and then...

They needed the originals of all of paper...birth ceritificate, police verifications. etc.. etc ... n to my nightmare i submitted the attested copies...
after sendin the originals now... they need the Affidavit of support papers again...as they say it has some problem with signature or the the colour of pen used to sign on the papers...whatever....:mad:

We have again sent them the required papers.
I dont know when my interview would be scheduled....:mad:

Hopefully things would go right this time...its sick waiting and still waiting more

I've heard that too. It all depends on their moods!

ULTRON

It's nice they didn't return your whole package as they do with citizenship applications even if they were sent just a day early. Something to keep in mind in the future. :)

Is this true that they need originals of birth certificate? Could someone please list all the originals that need to be submitted? What if this gets lost? You always hear of stories of files and documents being lost at uscis... I would not want to trust them with documents that are almost impossible to restore. I would suggest you make a notarized copy of your documents and send that instead of originals...

Hey Ultron.. That's cool to hear.. .GC in almost a year n half...all the best :)
Im glad atleast someone's case is going at proper pace as it should be.

Is this true that they need originals of birth certificate? Could someone please list all the originals that need to be submitted? What if this gets lost? You always hear of stories of files and documents being lost at uscis... I would not want to trust them with documents that are almost impossible to restore. I would suggest you make a notarized copy of your documents and send that instead of originals...

Hi Mermaid
In my case I had send them notarized/attested copies, but they simply denied that sayin they require all originals.

I made an extra copy of all the originals(had to put in great effort and money to get them) from the officals who issue them.

1) Birth Certificate
2) Police verfication Certificate
3) Passport verfication Certificate

Im in India, so i'll be goin through CP,
Also, someone also told me all the originals which i have submitted would come back to my country when my interview is scheduled. Whatever.. I dont care as long as my case is movin further with this stupid paperwork.:mad:

- Mijac!

mermaid06 - if you live in the US, you don't need this stuff. I sent in photocopies and they were accepted.

ULTRON

Thanks Mijac. The good news is, your GC will arrive immediately and not after 15 months. In fact, your GC may arrive in 3-4 months....they totally skip the "EAD step" for FB1s living outside the country.

ULTRON

Hey Ultron.. That's cool to hear.. .GC in almost a year n half...all the best :)
Im glad atleast someone's case is going at proper pace as it should be.

Hi Mermaid
In my case I had send them notarized/attested copies, but they simply denied that sayin they require all originals.

I made an extra copy of all the originals(had to put in great effort and money to get them) from the officals who issue them.

1) Birth Certificate
2) Police verfication Certificate
3) Passport verfication Certificate

Im in India, so i'll be goin through CP,
Also, someone also told me all the originals which i have submitted would come back to my country when my interview is scheduled. Whatever.. I dont care as long as my case is movin further with this stupid paperwork.:mad:

- Mijac!

ultron, 15 month til GC? I was looking at the family based I-485 time line on trackit.com, it seems it normally takes 8 month from the day of I-485 submission. Is your estimation based on something the lawyer told you or just a gut feeling?

All the best!

csiq - this is what the lawyer told me, but she could be wrong. I've heard that since 2005, GCs are arriving quickly. But it doesn't really matter to me; I've waited 10 years, heck, waiting 1.5 years is meat and potatoes.

ULTRON

ultron, 15 month til GC? I was looking at the family based I-485 time line on trackit.com, it seems it normally takes 8 month from the day of I-485 submission. Is your estimation based on something the lawyer told you or just a gut feeling?

All the best!

GC within few months... cool..that seems to be nice..
Right now im just waitin for interview to be scheduled.... .

dont know when???