US citizen parents sponsoring over 21 son..

Thanks for your replies guys!
Can you explain what Police verification is?? I have never heard of this form/certificate requirement.... Is it something we have to get from our home countries or you mean local fingerprints?

Regarding PDs and NVC processing, I believe I got this information from their website that they send out choice of agent forms if they ANTICIPATE that your priority date will become current in the next 9 MONTHS.

Anyone???

Hey Mermaid

My PD is 23AUG2002, I sent choice of agents forms in March this year, however I also know of a case that has priority date of April2002 and she sent out her Choice of agent forms in June..and recently sent her Police verification too (which means that her PD is current so her case must readily get processed)

I don't think there is a way to judge if PD has any role in NVC processing, PD is the parameter that is for the local India embassies to process the cases in queue.

what is choice of agent form? Do people live in US (like me) need this form? Mermaid, I though you reside in the US, so why do you have to deal with NVC, I thought people reside in US only need to deal with USCIS.

what is choice of agent form? Do people live in US (like me) need this form? Mermaid, I though you reside in the US, so why do you have to deal with NVC, I thought people reside in US only need to deal with USCIS.

Yes, I am here on F1 and after approval my case was transferred to NVC. Don't ask me, I have no idea why some cases stay with USCIS and some get transferred to NVC.

This is from NVC FAQ:

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3180.html#beneficiary

I am in the United States and would like to adjust status. How do I do that?

If you live in the U.S., you may be eligible for adjustment of status as a permanent resident. When your case becomes current, the NVC will send you a letter informing you that you may be eligible for adjustment of status and asking you if you will adjust or apply at a U.S. consular section abroad. If you inform the NVC that you will adjust status, the NVC will update your case record accordingly and retain your file until a CIS office requests it to process your adjustment application. If the NVC does not get a reply after 30 days, the NVC will begin processing your case as if you have chosen to process at a consular office abroad.

The NVC is not involved in adjustment of status. You should contact the CIS office nearest you for information, forms, and adjustment of status updates.

Neither do you need this form, nor do you need a "police verification." That stuff is for people outside the US. If you're in the US, see one my my previous posts - that is the list of forms that you need.

This is a list of forms that you need: http://boards.immigration.com/showpost.php?p=1967926&postcount=436

ULTRON

I-130

Hi ,
My Father Filed I-130 petetion for me ( as an unmarried son over 21 for a permanent resident) and my priority date was 21 Jan. 2001 . And i Got Married on Jan. 2006 And My Parents Naturalized Aug.06 And I Got A baby On June. 2007
My Papers Approved From Uscis in 2005 And Sent To Nvc - I've Sent To Them To Notify By My Marriage And They Sent My Papers Back To Uscis And On The Uscis Site My Status Is Needing More Review.

1-What Forms Shall My Father Fill To Move from F2B To F3?
2- or by marriage i will loose my case ?
3-And What To Do As They're Processing Now The Cases Of June 2001 And My Priority Date Is Jan.2001?!!
4-and if i lost my case by marriage can my Father apply at Vermont office ( last time he filed on CA )?

Help is needed urgently ( certain replies pls)

Hi ,
My Father Filed I-130 petetion for me ( as an unmarried son over 21 for a permanent resident) and my priority date was 21 Jan. 2001 . And i Got Married on Jan. 2006 And My Parents Naturalized Aug.06 And I Got A baby On June. 2007

If you got married before your parents became citizens than you lost your PD. You could transfer from F1 TO F3, but not from F2B to F3.

Hi ,
My Papers Approved From Uscis in 2005 And Sent To Nvc - I've Sent To Them To Notify By My Marriage And They Sent My Papers Back To Uscis And On The Uscis Site My Status Is Needing More Review.

1-What Forms Shall My Father Fill To Move from F2B To F3?
3-And What To Do As They're Processing Now The Cases Of June 2001 And My Priority Date Is Jan.2001?!!
4-and if i lost my case by marriage can my Father apply at Vermont office ( last time he filed on CA )?

Help is needed urgently ( certain replies pls)

Bad news for you, in that your application became null and void because you get married before your parents get their citizenship. You will no longer be able to receive a immigrant visa, unless your parents refile your application uder F3.

Just want to join the discussion. I-130 approved last year.

FB1 over here. Came in US in August 1996. J1->F1>H1b
My H1b six year limit is expiring in May of 2009 and I don't have any more extensions! So my PD better come by May of 2009 :(
12 years in the the freaking country.

Priority Date: October 8, 2002

Quick question for the group: I want to get as much done as possible prior to AOS. Is it advisable to do my medical check up now even though my PD will not become current for probably another 6 months or so.

Also, I am assuming since I am doing everything myself, I don't need that attorney form that ULTRON was submitting with his stuff.

Thanks!

Just want to join the discussion. I-130 approved last year.

FB1 over here. Came in US in August 1996. J1->F1>H1b
My H1b six year limit is expiring in May of 2009 and I don't have any more extensions! So my PD better come by May of 2009 :(
12 years in the the freaking country.

Priority Date: October 8, 2002

Quick question for the group: I want to get as much done as possible prior to AOS. Is it advisable to do my medical check up now even though my PD will not become current for probably another 6 months or so.

Also, I am assuming since I am doing everything myself, I don't need that attorney form that ULTRON was submitting with his stuff.

Thanks!

Welcome to the club! I also came here in 1996, December to be exact. J1>F1>canadian PR>F1> a stint back home for a year, was ready to give up on everything here>F1 again and F1 running out in 2010
What can I say, the journey for me has been to say the least... frustrating.
My PD is November 20, 2002 and it better be current by next summer or I will have to go on H1B :mad:

I would not do medicals now, since they expire in 1 year and it has to be valid during I485 pending period.

Questions for you:
Is your file at the NVC?
Have you received choice of agent form?

Welcome to the club! I also came here in 1996, December to be exact. J1>F1>canadian PR>F1> a stint back home for a year, was ready to give up on everything here>F1 again and F1 running out in 2010
What can I say, the journey for me has been to say the least... frustrating.
My PD is November 20, 2002 and it better be current by next summer or I will have to go on H1B :mad:

I would not do medicals now, since they expire in 1 year and it has to be valid during I485 pending period.

Questions for you:
Is your file at the NVC?
Have you received choice of agent form?

Thanks!

I have no clue whether my file is at NVC. I know it I-130 was transferred from texas to laguna niguel, CA last year or something like that. Once is got approved i didnt care where it is. Am I suppose to receive choice of agent form?

regarding PDs....judging by last year movement. it will speed up now till march and then stall again.

Thanks!

I have no clue whether my file is at NVC. I know it I-130 was transferred from texas to laguna niguel, CA last year or something like that. Once is got approved i didnt care where it is. Am I suppose to receive choice of agent form?

regarding PDs....judging by last year movement. it will speed up now till march and then stall again.

02icarus - Our situations are similar. My H1B will run out in October 2009. My PD is Oct 2002. You can call the NVC automated line with your I-130 receipt number to find the status of your case(whether the choice of agent form has been mailed, etc.). If your case is not at NVC I guess they will tell you they don't have your record.

Thanks, mermaid!
Form ds-230 is application for immigrant visa, signed by beneficiary. We got choice of agent in April, it was 8 months before PD became current.

02icarus - Our situations are similar. My H1B will run out in October 2009. My PD is Oct 2002. You can call the NVC automated line with your I-130 receipt number to find the status of your case(whether the choice of agent form has been mailed, etc.). If your case is not at NVC I guess they will tell you they don't have your record.

Thanks. I will do that and see whats the deal with this form.

So tired of this. :(

Hey everyone
Looks like everyone has some complication of some sort. This is so frustrating sometimes.
My mom got naturalized in 2001 and immidiately applied for my Bro and I we were already 21 and not married.
My I 130 was transfered in ca May 2006
approved April 2007
received work permit in july 2008
yesterday received the interview letter for late January

It was a long journey. I can't wait to hold that GC lol