US citizen parents sponsoring over 21 son..

Csiq,
Thanks for your input. However I am still far far away from citizenship. I thought and still feel that I am eligible to apply, calculating 4 yrs and one day rule after my return to US (after second re-entry permit) in Sep 2004 till Sep 2008 and adding to this, 364 days spent outside USA making it total 5 yrs, as per Guideline to citizenship on page 22. However my posts in "citizenship" thread on this same site is giving some negative feedback, so now I am unsure.....

CSiq,
Did you apply in FB1 or upgraded to FB1 ? Does this make a difference? Secondly the current pd for FB1 is April 2002 and yours is Dec 23, 2002, so a copule of months of wait for you I guess?
My son will have to wait another few months after my citizenship till all the upgrade,
I485, EAD etc is filed and processed. BTW I understand that he can work while waiting for the green card to come thru. Am I right in my assumption?

Ultron,
I am following your thread and I with my son seem to be in similar situation - looooong wait!. Hopefully if my citizenship goes thru, I will be able to upgrade petition for my son and since his PD will be current at that time, he can file AOS and other forms etc. I just wanted to know about these two forms in your list- what are these meant for and does everyone have to file it. Also when does one go for immigration health check- is it while you are filing these forms or they send some specific health forms for this?
Form G-325A, Biographic Information - This form has to be signed by you
Form I-485SUPA, Supplement A to form I-485 - This form has to be signed by you
I got my GC in India and because of consular processing, everything was mailed to me, but here I guess it is different? Thanks.

RSRK,

Yes, your case is very different different. I live in the US, so I have to give an additional ~ $1000 penalty fees.

G-325A: "To provide biographic information on an alien. You file this form only as instructed on another Immigration application or petition."

I-485SUPA: This is a supplemental form to the original I-485 AOS.

You can go to google.com and search; there is more specific information there. But your case is very different.

ULTRON

Ultron,
I am following your thread and I with my son seem to be in similar situation - looooong wait!. Hopefully if my citizenship goes thru, I will be able to upgrade petition for my son and since his PD will be current at that time, he can file AOS and other forms etc. I just wanted to know about these two forms in your list- what are these meant for and does everyone have to file it. Also when does one go for immigration health check- is it while you are filing these forms or they send some specific health forms for this?
Form G-325A, Biographic Information - This form has to be signed by you
Form I-485SUPA, Supplement A to form I-485 - This form has to be signed by you
I got my GC in India and because of consular processing, everything was mailed to me, but here I guess it is different? Thanks.

yesssss!!!!!! Phewwwwwwww!!!!!

:d :d :d :d :d :d :d
WOW! Tell me how does it feel not to be waiting anymore after all these years??? Waiting has become such a big part of my life I wonder what I am going to do without it....

Please keep us posted on your progress and GOOD LUCK !!!!

I hate waiting, I still have 7 month to go, can we go 4 month per bulletin? pleaseeeee! This shouldn't be called first preference, we are the last preference! I am totally jealous of you ULTRON!!!!!! lol. But still, congratulations bro!:D

Thanks Mermaid.

I waited 10 freakin' years (the time I entered the US) to see this day. I had this strange tingling sensation when I first saw the visa bulletin today morning....and realized I don't have to wait anymore.....lol. You're right, I gotta get accustomed to "not waiting." I'll post my progress on this forum....

ULTRON

WOW! Tell me how does it feel not to be waiting anymore after all these years??? Waiting has become such a big part of my life I wonder what I am going to do without it....

Please keep us posted on your progress and GOOD LUCK !!!!

Haha....not to worry man...your time will come soon. I waited 10 years...and you can do it too! :D

ULTRON

I hate waiting, I still have 7 month to go, can we go 4 month per bulletin? pleaseeeee! This shouldn't be called first preference, we are the last preference! I am totally jealous of you ULTRON!!!!!! lol. But still, congratulations bro!:D

Awesome. So it took ~ 3 months between submitting I-765 application and receiving it in mail. Yes, an interview is mandatory....but it is very simple (unlike the marriage interview lol). You'll be accompanied by your sponsor and will be asked a few simple questions to confirm your relation with your sponsor (possibly your mom or dad).

ULTRON

my case is slowly moving forward. Here are a few updates:

District Office: NYC (application is current in NBC AFAIK)
Category: unmarried son/daughter of US citizen (Family 1st prefrence)
Priority Date: Feb 27, 2002
May 2nd, 2008: Mailed out I-485, I-131, I-765
May 5th, 2008: Applications received by USCIS
May 19th, 2008: Notice of action for all three(app received).
May 22nd, 2008: LUD on 485, 131, 765.
May 23rd, 2008: Received NOA
June 7th, 2008: FP appointment
June 9th, 2008: LUD on 485, 765
July 10th, 2008: LUD on 485
Aug 6th, 2008: AP mailed out (and received in a couple of days)
Aug 14th, 2008: EAD mailed out (and received in a couple of days)

There was an RFE some where along the way that the lawyer took care of but I don't recall the dates. It was for my birth certificate that should have been included in the original application.

Does any one know if an interview is mandatory in our category?

I hate waiting, I still have 7 month to go, can we go 4 month per bulletin?

7 months to go? Come on I was hoping for something more optimistic like the bulletin starts to move 1 month per month at least.... Can this happen? I can't think of a reason why not. Seriously, current wait under FB1 of 6.5 years is already breaking the record, can it increase even more???

It's been a while to log on to this forum since my life has become so busy after chaning my status to student that I hardly think stuff like PD's and VB. I loged on to this forum today to see what's going on around, congrat's ultron.
Since my file is at nvc and now I am planing to file adjustment of status. how should I proceed as mvc might send me choice of agent form any time. I know I am not supposed to send forms to nvc if I am doing adjustment of status. I was just thinking if I fill out those form and my file is complete at nvc and they forward it to my country (islamabad) and when PD becomes current and I change my mind and file 485.
Actually I want to keep both options open. The only thing that scares me from counsal process is that they might put me for name clearance which would take several months. if I file 485 and they put me on name clearance atleast I will have EAD and advance parole.
Any suggestions are wellcome.

Attention! FB1 with November 2002 priority date

Since my file is at nvc and now I am planing to file adjustment of status. how should I proceed as mvc might send me choice of agent form any time.
Has anyone else received a choice of agent form. I remember from July posts that October 2002 pd's were getting choice of agent forms. It's been three months already and I still have not heard anything from the NVC... Does this mean more than 9 month wait ahead?

Anyone out there with November 2002 PD who receive choice of agent yet?

In July I posted that they are sending choice of agent forms to person's with PD's before Nov1 2002 because this was told to me by the customer rep in NVC to whom I spoke.I personally know ppl with oct 2002 PD's who got choice of agent forms.
Since PD's don't move predictably, in the same way they send choice of agent forms. I guess we should receive them in 2-3 months, just a guess. see how it goes.

Has anyone else received a choice of agent form. I remember from July posts that October 2002 pd's were getting choice of agent forms. It's been three months already and I still have not heard anything from the NVC... Does this mean more than 9 month wait ahead?

Hey Mermaid

My PD is 23AUG2002, I sent choice of agents forms in March this year, however I also know of a case that has priority date of April2002 and she sent out her Choice of agent forms in June..and recently sent her Police verification too (which means that her PD is current so her case must readily get processed)

I don't think there is a way to judge if PD has any role in NVC processing, PD is the parameter that is for the local India embassies to process the cases in queue.