US citizen parents sponsoring over 21 son..

I'm very close now.....after spending 1/3 of my life waiting! I was expecting them to move 1 week, but they're moving ~ 2 weeks every time, so it's fine - taking into the account the wars and the economy and elections. Not to worry my friend, time will pass quickly!

ULTRON

Wow, ultron, you are soooooo close now. Nov 1st I bet you can send your papers in. I wish I had your priority date!!!
Well, I was expecting 1 month forward move actually. What do you guys think? This is a new fiscal year now, why is it so slow???? We'll see how things go from now on.
I haven't received choice of agent or affidavit of support yet, so I guess more than a year of waiting is ahead....

Wow, ultron, you are soooooo close now. Nov 1st I bet you can send your papers in. I wish I had your priority date!!!
Well, I was expecting 1 month forward move actually. What do you guys think? This is a new fiscal year now, why is it so slow???? We'll see how things go from now on.
I haven't received choice of agent or affidavit of support yet, so I guess more than a year of waiting is ahead....

FYI - Mermaid06, you can try calling NVC's automated case status line at 603-334-0700 to check your case. This way you can make sure if the form has really been mailed out or not. Let us know.

I'm very close now.....after spending 1/3 of my life waiting! I was expecting them to move 1 week, but they're moving ~ 2 weeks every time, so it's fine - taking into the account the wars and the economy and elections. Not to worry my friend, time will pass quickly!

ULTRON

Congratulations ULTRON. I guess you can now start preparing the paperwork for submission in November. I was expecting a movement of at least a month considering this is the beginning of a fiscal year...but anyway any movement is better than none.

why two weeks? I am not satisfied with that to be honest. is this a good sign or bad sign, anybody has any comments on that?

By the way, April 15 2002 reminds me of the dreaded April 15 2001 *shrugs*

ULTRON

naah... dont say anythin abt the retrogession issue now.. The dates are moving smoothly now... :D

My priority date is 22 April 2002.... so by next change we would be current... AWESOME!!!

Congratulations to both of us... LOL! :cool:

True! The important thing is that the dates are moving! Trust me, at this stage, I don't really care if they move 1 week or 2 months...as long as they keep moving forward.

ULTRON

naah... dont say anythin abt the retrogession issue now.. The dates are moving smoothly now... :D

My priority date is 22 April 2002.... so by next change we would be current... AWESOME!!!

Congratulations to both of us... LOL! :cool:

Thanks the_farmland :)

But why November? Shouldn't I be able to apply ~ October as I'm guessing the dates will move 2 weeks in October, ie., my date should be current in October.

ULTRON

Congratulations ULTRON. I guess you can now start preparing the paperwork for submission in November. I was expecting a movement of at least a month considering this is the beginning of a fiscal year...but anyway any movement is better than none.

Thanks the_farmland :)

But why November? Shouldn't I be able to apply ~ October as I'm guessing the dates will move 2 weeks in October, ie., my date should be current in October.

ULTRON

Next Bulletin (for November) will be released mid October with F1 PD hopefully of May 1st, 2002 or later. So, if your PD is current in November bulletin then you can file for adjustment on November 1st, right?

True! The important thing is that the dates are moving! Trust me, at this stage, I don't really care if they move 1 week or 2 months...as long as they keep moving forward.

ULTRON

I agree, as long as there is no retrogression things are good. However, if you have say 6 months until your PD, then with 2 week per month movement it will take you 12 months to get there vs 1 month per month with only 6 months to wait.
I hope the recapture bill will pass and things will jump forward. The bill is currently being marked up. http://blogs.ilw.com/gregsiskind/2008/09/house-judiciary.html

Mermaid, your calculation is based in a linear relationship but things are not that simple :(

With each new fiscal year, the dates begin moving at 2 weeks/month; during the middle year they move 1 week/month; at the end they don't move at all....so we're at some kinda quadratic relationship. It could take up to 18 months for your date to be current.

ULTRON

I agree, as long as there is no retrogression things are good. However, if you have say 6 months until your PD, then with 2 week per month movement it will take you 12 months to get there vs 1 month per month with only 6 months to wait.
I hope the recapture bill will pass and things will jump forward. The bill is currently being marked up. http://blogs.ilw.com/gregsiskind/2008/09/house-judiciary.html

Mermaid, your calculation is based in a linear relationship but things are not that simple :(

With each new fiscal year, the dates begin moving at 2 weeks/month; during the middle year they move 1 week/month; at the end they don't move at all....so we're at some kinda quadratic relationship. It could take up to 18 months for your date to be current.

ULTRON
Hi, if you go back one year: from August 2007 to February 2008 PDs moved 1 month forward with each bulletin and then stalled. I don't think there is a predictable pattern for this at all, linear, quadratic, circular or triangular.

I was just hoping that with new fiscal year, considering that last fiscal year did not produce significant forward movement, PDs would move forward at least with the speed of last year.

^^^ I dont understand what u guys are talking abt...

All i want is the PD to move again!!!!! and IT WOULD!

I think we're talking about non-linear regression analysis of parabolic curves and their correlation to PDs.

ULTRON

^^^ I dont understand what u guys are talking abt...

All i want is the PD to move again!!!!! and IT WOULD!

After a long wait...got my green card

just wanted to share......priority date 1992. Sent AOS January 2008 and on August 2008 got my green card .

the interview was a breeze. i was nervous cuz of 245i but my attorney told me these are usually the easiest interviews.....and it was.

when i got there, the officer told me that she has reviewed the papers and that everything seems in order. asked my mom if she still worked at the same place. then officer asked me what i did for a living.

was done in less than 2o minutes.

good luck to everyone. continue to use this forum as it has helped me with the timeline etc.

Hi guys, in my free time, I checked the visa statistics on web which I found some very interesting data.

http://www.travel.state.gov/pdf/FY07AnnualReportTableVIp1.pdf
http://www.travel.state.gov/pdf/FY07AnnualReportTableVp1.pdf

Above links show that the fiscal year of 2007 FB1 visa total issued 24540. (17522 foreign states + 7018 adjustment of status = 24540)

http://travel.state.gov/pdf/FY06AnnualReportTableVPart1.pdf
http://travel.state.gov/pdf/FY06AnnualReportTableV-Part1.pdf

Above links show that the fiscal year of 2006 FB1 visa total issued 24029. (15909 foreign states + 8120 adjustment of status = 24029)

http://travel.state.gov/pdf/FY05tableV.pdf
http://travel.state.gov/pdf/FY05tableVI.pdf

Above links show that the fiscal year of 2005 FB1 visa total issued 25843. (18809 foreign states + 7034 adjustment of status = 25843)

From 2005 – 2007, every year of the visa issued were above 23400 which it seems very normal. However, I raise a question how come the PD clogged over one year (from the Jan, 2006 to Jan 2007)? From the discussions before, you guys assumed that this problem was due to 245i. If it was due to 245i, the foreign state visa issued in 2006 or 2007 should be ZERO and adjust status visa (245i) should be 24540 or 24029. I am so… confused. ……???? Guys pls give me some ideas to prove I am wrong.

Thanks for posting drownfish. I have a seperate question. Sounds like you reside in the US, how did you made your F1 upgrade at CA center, what document did you send them. I still haven't made my upgrade yet, my letter to USCIS got rejected again, they said my visa number hasn't arrived (which is completed nonsense, i didn't request for AOS, but an upgrade, they probably didn't even read my letter).

Thanks for posting drownfish. I have a seperate question. Sounds like you reside in the US, how did you made your F1 upgrade at CA center, what document did you send them. I still haven't made my upgrade yet, my letter to USCIS got rejected again, they said my visa number hasn't arrived (which is completed nonsense, i didn't request for AOS, but an upgrade, they probably didn't even read my letter).

Hi, I can tell you how I upgraded my application. It was approved and transferred to NVC, then my petitioner became a citizen and I sent the upgrade letter to NVC. They then sent me a confirmation letter acknowledging the upgrade. I think I posted the letter earlier in this thread like a year ago.
Try to write another letter to CA center if you know that your file is there. It might be easier to communicate with NVC though. I remember trying to find out the status of my application when it was still at laguna niguel and never got any response from there. But you never know maybe it helped to get my application approved.

cisq,
My mom got her citizenship in 2005. She wrote a letter to NVC in Portsmouth, NH to ask my file upgrade. the NVC replyed with a notice that they couldn't find my case. My mom sent the upgrade request again to the Laguna Niguel Center in CA which got approved. my case is kind of unique. I don't know how it works but i did go through smoothly.

Mermaid and Drownfish, do you guys reside inside the US or outside? It makes sense if you live outside the US and send your file to NVC, because that's where your files are, but since I live in the US, but files are at USCIS, I have called NVC, they don't have my file.