US citizen parents sponsoring over 21 son..

I just need to confirm, so so any help s appretiated....

if a us citizen son sponsors his parents for the green card, then they get it so now they are LPR's.

the LPR dad now files for his minor child ....

soes the CSPA apply to this child?? so he will not age out?

thanks in advance!

if a us citizen son sponsors his parents for the green card, then they get it so now they are LPR's. the LPR dad now files for his minor child .... soes the CSPA apply to this child?? so he will not age out?

The child will never age out since he or she is a primary beneficiary.

Xerostomic.... this is what i understand... also, i believe that CSPA applies, so the child will remain in the under 21 visa category per cspa rules, and will have the option of retaining his f2a category rather than move to f1 if he chooses to, based upon which date is earlier ....
this is actually what we are depending on, so when it was mentiond that cspa does not apply, i was kind of surprised, i went over the cspa text agai, and there is nothing there to exclude the child of LPR parents whogot their status through a citizen son.... this is why i was asking to make sure i did not make a mistake...

thanks for the input everybody :)

[QUOTE=ULTRON;1918233]FB1 didn't move at all this time!![/QUOTE]

Im still in shock and dont know what to say... Meaning visas have gone till October? What is going on? F1 did move very slow this year and same to other categories, where are visas going too? :confused:

Received Choice of Agent form

I received a Choice of Agent form. I'm not sure why I got this because my petition indicated that I'd be doing AOS in the U.S. Has anyone else seen this happened before?

Based on my understanding receiving the form means my PD should become current in 9 months(March 2009). Is the 9-month a precise prediction?

Anyway I think it's good news for us with a PD of the 2002's.

Category: F1
PD: 10/15/2002
Choice of Agent form received: June 2008

Hi guys, this is definitely good news. In spring of 2009 you should be able to adjust or even earlier not sure how precise this indicator is. Have to search forums and ask people when they received choice of agent form and when they filed AOS.
I don't remember what I indicated on my I130 application, but then I emailed NVC saying that I will be AOS. I am curious whether I am going to get choice of agent as well... My pd is 11/20/02.

Did you get affidavit of support form too? If you are going AOS don't fill it out and don't send the $75 fee. You have to attach affidavit of support together with your AOS application when you file it.

I received a Choice of Agent form. I'm not sure why I got this because my petition indicated that I'd be doing AOS in the U.S. Has anyone else seen this happened before?

Based on my understanding receiving the form means my PD should become current in 9 months(March 2009). Is the 9-month a precise prediction?

yeah this is definitely a good news for every one. I knew that ppl in august and sept had received their choice of agent forms as early as Jan/ Feb. Now you are the first one with Oct 2002 PD who got this form. It means that now should be our turn. btw on what date you received NVC letter.
And if HR 5882 is passed in two to three months then we might get some extra movement.
P.S: if you are doing AOS call NVC and ask them. I guess they will tell you to disregard all correspondence you receive from NVC and file 485 when PD gets current.

Hi guys, this is definitely good news. In spring of 2009 you should be able to adjust or even earlier not sure how precise this indicator is. Have to search forums and ask people when they received choice of agent form and when they filed AOS.
I don't remember what I indicated on my I130 application, but then I emailed NVC saying that I will be AOS. I am curious whether I am going to get choice of agent as well... My pd is 11/20/02.

Did you get affidavit of support form too? If you are going AOS don't fill it out and don't send the $75 fee. You have to attach affidavit of support together with your AOS application when you file it.

No I didn't get affidavit of support form. All I got is a letter and the Choice of Agent and Address form. I'm planning to fill it out as requested and mail it back. What do you guys think?

I guess it won't hurt if you send the form. Are they asking for your address? Can you write on the form that you are going AOS?

yeah this is definitely a good news for every one. I knew that ppl in august and sept had received their choice of agent forms as early as Jan/ Feb. Now you are the first one with Oct 2002 PD who got this form. It means that now should be our turn. btw on what date you received NVC letter.
And if HR 5882 is passed in two to three months then we might get some extra movement.
P.S: if you are doing AOS call NVC and ask them. I guess they will tell you to disregard all correspondence you receive from NVC and file 485 when PD gets current.

The letter was dated 6/23/2008. I am sure there was a delay in sending this letter to me as my mailing address changed. USPS probably notified them of my new address when the first letter came. Then NVC re-composed the letter on 6/23/08 with the new address.

The letter was dated 6/23/2008. I am sure there was a delay in sending this letter to me as my mailing address changed. USPS probably notified them of my new address when the first letter came. Then NVC re-composed the letter on 6/23/08 with the new address.

UPS usually redirect the mail to your new address if you notify them.
Now is mermaid's turn to get the choice of agent form and then me.

AOS guide

This is from http://lheeanne.blogspot.com/
I-485
Family-Based Adjustment of Status (AOS)

1. Provide the beneficiary’s information and complete the form with the signature of beneficiary of the I-130. Do NOT provide information or signature of the petitioner.

2. On Part 2, Application Type, be sure to check only one (1) box.

3. On Part 2, Application Type, if marking box “h,, be sure to name the program under which the applicant is applying (e.g., “Amerasian,” “Lautenberg,” and “Western Hemisphere”).

4. When submitting evidence of eligibility, a copy of the I-130 Receipt Notice or Approval Notice is sufficient, BUT it is important that each page of evidence is marked as “COPY.” Otherwise, the Chicago Lockbox may believe the document to be misfiled and attempt to locate the payment of fees, which could result in rejection of the entire package of forms due to insufficient fees.

5. If filing under Section 245(i), submit evidence (labeled “COPY”) of a previously filed Form I-130, Form I-140, or other immigrant visa petition or a previously filed Application for Labor Certification that was received on or before April 30, 2001 (the sunset date for the Section 245(i) provisions of the Immigration and Nationality Act), along with a properly completed Supplement A. Even if you fall under one of the categories of applicants who are exempt from the $1,000 surcharge, you must still submit a completed Supplement A with your I-485 application packet if filing under Section 245(i).

6. All initial evidence should be submitted at the time of filing. Initial evidence is all evidence listed in the form instructions.

7. Applicants should include the I-693, Medical Examination, and I-864, Affidavit of Support, (if required) with the I-485 filing. These two forms are listed in the I-485 instructions and are considered initial evidence. Ensure that the I-864 is signed by all relevant parties (sponsor, joint sponsor, etc.).

8. All applicants required to submit I-693, Medical Examination, are also required to submit a Supplemental Form I-693, Immunization Record. However, applicants who last entered the United States as a K nonimmigrant (I-94 Arrival/Departure Record and/or the nonimmigrant visa page in passport shows K-1, K-2, K-3, or K-4 as admission code) are usually required to submit only the Supplemental Form I-693 (immunization record) with the Form I-485.

9. The I-693, Medical Examination, and I-864 should include any supporting evidence requested by the instructions. Do not have the civil surgeon mail the I-693 to the NBC. If responding to a request for evidence, the I-693 must be submitted with the request for evidence letter so the response is matched to the proper file. Do not submit chest x-ray film as part of your medical examination.

10. The I-693, Medical Examination, and/or Supplemental I-693, Immunization Record, must be submitted unopened and in the sealed envelope from the civil surgeon. The civil surgeon should provide a copy of these forms to the applicant before sealing them in the envelope that is submitted with the I-485 application.

11. Ensure that W-2s, past tax returns for the most recent tax year, and/or evidence of current employment are submitted with the I-864, Affidavit of Support, for all relevant parties (sponsor, joint sponsor, etc.).

12. Tax return transcripts are generally available for the most recent tax year, and can be ordered by completing a Form 4506-T or by calling the Internal Revenue Service at (800)829-1040 and following the prompts in the recorded message. There is no charge for the transcript, and you should receive it in 10 business days from the time of your request. Have the transcripts sent to you; do NOT have the IRS send your transcript directly to the NBC. If responding to a request for evidence, your transcript must be attached to the request for evidence letter.

13. A copy of W-2s for the prior year can be obtained from your employer. If this is not possible, you can order and pay for copies of your entire return from the IRS. To receive a copy of your return or transcript, complete and mail Form 4506, Request for Copy of Tax Return, or Form 4506-T, Request for Transcript of Tax Return. You should allow 60 calendar days for a response. Have the transcripts sent to you, do NOT have the IRS send your transcript directly to the NBC. If responding to a request for evidence, your transcript must be attached to the request for evidence letter to be matched to the proper file.

14. Ensure the sponsor and/or joint sponsor on Form I-864 provides evidence of their status when the I-864 is submitted. The petitioner sponsor or substitute sponsor must be a U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident (LPR). The joint sponsor can be a U.S. national, U.S. citizen, or LPR.

I called NVC today and asked them the current qualifying date (date when NVC send choice of agent forms) for FB1 and they said that they are currently working on Nov 1st 2002.

I guess, EB is more important for American economy, than Family based. Pretty soon dream act will be declared, so Family based will be even in a worse situation.

How the hell that happen? even EB2 jumped over 2 years. too bad

Who knows...DOS said 38% of the EB2 quota had been used by the end of the first week of November(per December's bulletin.) but now all of a sudden they seemed to have "saved" a lot of quota.

F1 should resume it's movement starting from October(one month at a time, hopefully). Have you received a choice of agent and address form at all?