US citizen parents sponsoring over 21 son..

Mermaid06, I toatlly agree w/ you! we should all stand together and write letter to Zoe Lofgren and Gutierrez asking for information and solutions...it's so devastating for all FB keep waiting and waiting in endless years!!!!!!!!!

Pls let us know how to contact Zoe Lofgren and Gutierrez...

Last edited by a moderator:
Zoe Lofgren website

Here is Zoe Lofgren's website http://lofgren.house.gov/, she is representing California. I don't think it matters which state you are from since her bill would affect people in other states as well. Most Americans are not aware of individual immigration situations and details of what we have to endure. I think personal stories with details of your problem will help shed light on immigration system and maybe help those further down the line.

It is important to explain that when originally applied the waiting time was none or very short and that life plans were made accordingly. If I personally knew that it was going to take 6+ years for this process I would have definitely taken a different path in life without counting on my parent's sponsorship.

You can also point out the benefits that U.S. is missing with the current system: Potential immigrant's most productive years of 20's and 30's are being wasted waiting for the visa number.

They can't make people wait indefinitely. The process should be more transparent. I don't know if you listened to the hearing, but this technologically advanced day and age Dept of Homeland Security does not even have databases that can produce analytical data regarding immigration petitions!!!

If you find Mr. Gutierres' info please post. I am not sure about the spelling of his name I just heard he is in Chicago.

Mermaid06, I toatlly agree w/ you! we should all stand together and write letter to Zoe Lofgren and Gutierrez asking for information and solutions...it's so devastating for all FB keep waiting and waiting in endless years!!!!!!!!!

Pls let us know how to contact Zoe Lofgren and Gutierrez...

Do you guys believe that the demand suddenly increased so drastically as to lengthen the waiting in FB1, for example, from 0 months 0 days to now 6 years???

Why do you think that the FB categories were current in the 1990s? You can go here: http://dosfan.lib.uic.edu/ERC/visa_bulletin/ for some historical visa bulletins. FB1 back in 1995 was around 4-5 years, so things haven't changed dramatically in the past decade and a half.

There's no conspiracy here.

I am not sure where you were looking, but 1995 and 1996 bulletins show current FB1 for ROW, China and India. 1997 and 1998 bulletins are not available.

Why do you think that the FB categories were current in the 1990s? You can go here: http://dosfan.lib.uic.edu/ERC/visa_bulletin/ for some historical visa bulletins. FB1 back in 1995 was around 4-5 years, so things haven't changed dramatically in the past decade and a half.

There's no conspiracy here.

what is the mumbai cut off date you guys are looking at. The visa bulletin for June hasn't come out yet.

there is some self-claimed expert on visa bulletin has said that the mumbai VB is always inline with the actual visa bulletin. THIS SUCKS! only one week advancement for FB1? Please state department please! My anger and frustration!

How can there are more people petitioning for F1 than people petitioning for F2b, that doesn't make sense mathmatically and logically!

Most FB1s started out as FB2b and then converted when petitioner became citizen. There is almost 10 year wait in FB2B and during this time I would think nearly all petitioners become citizens.

Some FB1s then convert to FB3 since it seems unlikely that someone would stay unmarried for that long, that's why FB3 is backlogged.

But why is FB1 so backlogged? The dreaded "increased demand" I guess.

there is some self-claimed expert on visa bulletin has said that the mumbai VB is always inline with the actual visa bulletin. THIS SUCKS! only one week advancement for FB1? Please state department please! My anger and frustration!

How can there are more people petitioning for F1 than people petitioning for F2b, that doesn't make sense mathmatically and logically!

June VB

June vb is usually considered as tiping point for remainder of fiscal year. If there is good movement in June then July and August VB show even better movement and if June VB is not good then sbusequent months are usually worse. This is what a lawyer said. keep your nerves under control and be prepared for worst.
I also feel that most ppl would have become citizen by now, thats why FB2b is flying like a rocket.

That's the confusing part. While the US gov website hasn't released the PDs, how can the Mumbai US consulate release these dates?

ULTRON

what is the mumbai cut off date you guys are looking at. The visa bulletin for June hasn't come out yet.

That's the confusing part. While the US gov website hasn't released the PDs, how can the Mumbai US consulate release these dates?

ULTRON

I think that the USCIS can predict the PD advance at least 2 months. Mumbai US Consulate can share the same information with USCIS. I am wondering how many people are waiting in the F1 so far and I hope the F1 don't get clog again. The April 21, 2001 was the nightmare to me. :(

So why did NVC send me and my son choice of agent? We have 6 week away from his PD, if it goes like it goes, PD will be available after 1 year, then we need to start paperwork all over again, because it expired? Does not make any sense. I believe it moves faster than that, I don't know why.
Sorry Therra 33, I did a mistake.

I'm also 6 weeks away from my PD (FB1: April 26 2002). At a rate of 1 wk/month, we'll reach there in ~ November this year.

ULTRON

So why did NVC send me and my son choice of agent? We have 6 week away from his PD, if it goes like it goes, PD will be available after 1 year, then we need to start paperwork all over again, because it expired? Does not make any sense. I believe it moves faster than that, I don't know why.
Sorry Therra 33, I did a mistake.

I give up; I'll just marry a USC!

I think that the USCIS can predict the PD advance at least 2 months. Mumbai US Consulate can share the same information with USCIS. I am wondering how many people are waiting in the F1 so far and I hope the F1 don't get clog again. The April 21, 2001 was the nightmare to me. :(