US Citizen. Finally!!!

ssruindia

Registered Users (C)
I had my interview today. It was at 1:30PM. I went there at 1:15PM. Was called in at 2:00PM and was out of there at 2:10PM. Lots of people came with Suits, Business Casual, Jeans. Does not matter during interview.

Note: During Oath, the letter says that No Jeans or sneakers or T-Shirts.

Notes from Interview:
---------------------
Had Several Traffic Citation Tickets. Answered NO to the Question in N-400 Application. The Interviewer asked me if I had any traffic tickets, I said yes and she changed the answer from NO to YES and did not care at all.

She asked me if I can take the Oath this Friday and I said yes and she asked me to wait for 10 minutes to collect the Oath Letter. I waited and they gave it to me. I am there at 10AM Dec 18th.

The Whole interview was less than 10 minutes.

Orlando DO
Employment Based 5 year rule N-400

10/10/2009 Mailed N-400 to TX
10/16/2009 Delivery Received Date to TX
10/20/2009 Check Cashed Date
10/20/2009 I-797C Notice Date
10/20/2009 I-797C Received Date
10/27/2009 Fingerprint Notice Date
10/29/2009 Fingerprint Notice Received Date
11/09/2009 Fingerprint Appointment Date
11/02/2009 Fingerprint Walk-in Date (The Application Support Center was empty. When I asked, he said that it was the first Monday they are opened and hence people might not know. they were usually opened from TUE to FRI but from 11/02/09 they are opened MON to FRI. NOTE: He also said that if they are a bit busy, they send away people who come in for walk-in and ask them to come during their appt only. He said I am luckly that there is no one and he can easily do mine.)

11/11/2009 Status Changed to "Testing and Interview" However, I applied along with my wife, her status has not changed yet. I am keeping my fingers crossed that it will change soon.

SPECIAL UPDATE: 11/21/2009 My wife's Status changed today (or maybe yesterday as I just looked at it now to check status). Now, both our application is in "Testing and Interview" status.

Update:

11/23/2009 Interview Letter Received Date (Both for me and my wife)
12/15/2009 Interview Date for me and 01/20/2010 for my wife
(Yes different dates for each of us)

12/15/2009 Interview Date
12/15/2009 Oath Letter Received Date
12/18/2009 Oath Date

What questions did he asked in interview?

I had my interview today. It was at 1:30PM. I went there at 1:15PM. Was called in at 2:00PM and was out of there at 2:10PM. Lots of people came with Suits, Business Casual, Jeans. Does not matter during interview.

Note: During Oath, the letter says that No Jeans or sneakers or T-Shirts.

Notes from Interview:
---------------------
Had Several Traffic Citation Tickets. Answered NO to the Question in N-400 Application. The Interviewer asked me if I had any traffic tickets, I said yes and she changed the answer from NO to YES and did not care at all.

She asked me if I can take the Oath this Friday and I said yes and she asked me to wait for 10 minutes to collect the Oath Letter. I waited and they gave it to me. I am there at 10AM Dec 18th.

The Whole interview was less than 10 minutes.

Orlando DO
Employment Based 5 year rule N-400

10/10/2009 Mailed N-400 to TX
10/16/2009 Delivery Received Date to TX
10/20/2009 Check Cashed Date
10/20/2009 I-797C Notice Date
10/20/2009 I-797C Received Date
10/27/2009 Fingerprint Notice Date
10/29/2009 Fingerprint Notice Received Date
11/09/2009 Fingerprint Appointment Date
11/02/2009 Fingerprint Walk-in Date (The Application Support Center was empty. When I asked, he said that it was the first Monday they are opened and hence people might not know. they were usually opened from TUE to FRI but from 11/02/09 they are opened MON to FRI. NOTE: He also said that if they are a bit busy, they send away people who come in for walk-in and ask them to come during their appt only. He said I am luckly that there is no one and he can easily do mine.)

11/11/2009 Status Changed to "Testing and Interview" However, I applied along with my wife, her status has not changed yet. I am keeping my fingers crossed that it will change soon.

SPECIAL UPDATE: 11/21/2009 My wife's Status changed today (or maybe yesterday as I just looked at it now to check status). Now, both our application is in "Testing and Interview" status.

Update:

11/23/2009 Interview Letter Received Date (Both for me and my wife)
12/15/2009 Interview Date for me and 01/20/2010 for my wife
(Yes different dates for each of us)

12/15/2009 Interview Date
12/15/2009 Oath Letter Received Date
12/18/2009 Oath Date

congrats on everything, but a small reminder:

US Citizen. Finally!!!
12/18/2009 Oath Date

you're not a citizen ... yet. Just so you know that you shouldn't state that you're a US citizen until sworn in, and don't do anything that only citizens are eligible to do....

again, congrats on passing the interview and getting the oath letter. :)

Be careful, you are not a citizen until you complete your oath. Drive safe and stay out of trouble until your oath ceremony.

Thanks all for your Congrats and replies. I know that until I do the Oath, I am not a citizen yet, however I feel I am there for now. LOL.

Yes I drive safely and also stay out of trouble.

Questions asked:
Rule of Law
September 11th
Ocean in West Coast
why 13 stripes in the flag
name of the National anthem

Do not remember the 6th one.

To read:
How many senators are there in the congress

To write:
There are 100 senators in the congress.

NOTE:
------
Let me say that the questions are already prepared and printed in the paper which the interviewer reads to ask you. So, it is all pre-assigned.

Thanks all for your Congrats and replies. I know that until I do the Oath, I am not a citizen yet, however I feel I am there for now. LOL

Not to make you peranoid or something but if I were you, I will delete all these "finally a citizen" because by law, you are not yet and if any USCIS agent finds this, it may create a problem for you now or in the future. Its going to be silly to allow simple matter like this to create problem for you especially when you are less than 48hrs from your oath. To even break it for you, few minutes before you take your oath, you are still not a citizen. This particular post of yours is what could get you into serious trouble because you admit that you KNOW you are not a citizen yet (acknowledgement) but still you claim to be.

I rejoice with you and I we both should become citizen about same time on Friday. As for me, I am not a citizen yet!!

Oath done and now US Citizen.

My Oath was at 10AM 18 dec, I went there at 8:30AM after dropping my kids in school. There was an Oath at 9AM and since I was there early, they let me in it and was done at 9:45AM.

Land of the Free and Home of the Brave.

Not to make you peranoid or something but if I were you, I will delete all these "finally a citizen" because by law posts, you are not yet and if any USCIS agent finds this, it may create a problem for you now or in the future...

...This particular post of yours is what could get you into serious trouble because you admit that you KNOW you are not a citizen yet (acknowledgement) but still you claim to be.

That's very paranoid thinking, not to mention very far fetched.

Oath done and now US Citizen.

My Oath was at 10AM 18 dec, I went there at 8:30AM after dropping my kids in school. There was an Oath at 9AM and since I was there early, they let me in it and was done at 9:45AM.

Land of the Free and Home of the Brave.

Kong Rats!

Not to make you peranoid or something but if I were you, I will delete all these "finally a citizen" because by law, you are not yet and if any USCIS agent finds this, it may create a problem for you now or in the future. Its going to be silly to allow simple matter like this to create problem for you especially when you are less than 48hrs from your oath. To even break it for you, few minutes before you take your oath, you are still not a citizen. This particular post of yours is what could get you into serious trouble because you admit that you KNOW you are not a citizen yet (acknowledgement) but still you claim to be.

uh-huh. USCIS agents are tracking this forum, sees you claiming to be a citizen before oath, calls the FBI to figure out just who this criminal is and deport him for committing a crime against humanity.

just a liittttle far fetched ;)

uh-huh. USCIS agents are tracking this forum, sees you claiming to be a citizen before oath, calls the FBI to figure out just who this criminal is and deport him for committing a crime against humanity.

just a liittttle far fetched ;)

But Oh... by the time the FBI gets all the paperwork together, 'target' is already a US citizen. Ooh Just missed... :mad:

Congrats ssruindia...