US Citizen Finally !!!!

atlanta2008

Registered Users (C)
Hello Folks,
I am finally a US Citizen !!! After all the trials and tribulations of several years i have finally realised a great dream.

My interview was pretty straight forward. I arrived at 9.35 for a 10.25 AM interview . IO breezed thru my interview and i was done in about 10 minutes. Right upfront he told me to deal in just "Yes" or "No" so that he could get me out of there asap unless he asked for an explanation. I couldn't have asked for anything better than that.
I was asked the following 6 questions, i got them all right and he stopped right there:

1) How many stars on the flag?
2) Who wrote the declaration of Independence?
3) Who was Martin Luther King?
4) Where does congress meet?
5) What are the colors of the flag?
6) Who becomes president if president and vp die?

Was then told to read and write a sentence. He asked me to sign my photos and the form and told me he was recommending me for approval. He told me that they would run another background check and try to get me into the same day oath at 2 PM and asked me to wait outside in the waiting room.

Waited for about an hour and then a lady came out and handed out oath letters for the sameday oath at 2 PM. I was overjoyed at this point. Went home for a quick lunch and came back to the venue for the oath.

Oath was pretty neat , 92 people from 33 different countries took the oath with me. Past memories flashed by me and tears welled up in my eyes when they played the presentation. It was unimaginable what a long journey i took to get to this place. I know it'll take a little while for the feeling to sink in.

That's all there was folks. As you can see it was pretty straight forward and that's all i had actually prayed for. If you have an issueless case i think you should be done with the process in no time.

Wow, this is great and i always wondered what it would be like when its all over. Signing off for now , i'll be here to offer my help in anyway i can from time to time.

Good luck and God Bless America !!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
didn't even look at them yet; I have had a horrible week in Pharmacy school : exam after exam, and i just got done with a bunch of them...i feel like i sleep about 3-4 hrs every night...

maybe i'll start this wk-end...i know most of them already (gen knowledge) but i do need to look at them...again, i'm pessimistic and think i'm being too early, if i get a you-know-what letter..

(sorry for the thread-jack, atlanta2008)

As long as you don't answer the person who wrote the star spangled banner is Pepto Bismol you'll do fine. :D

Congratulations! Make sure you update your status with SSA, apply for a passport and register to vote!

Thank you all for the hearty congratulations, i very much appreciate all your kind words !!!

Unfortunately i cannot vote this time around because the registration date has passed by, but hopefully i can the next time.

Good luck to you all.