• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Urgent "need advice from moderators"

Mi4

My friend who is the principal applicant, family of five attended medicals last week and she was informed she need to do a sputum test. Now her interview is on 7 th June, but she was cautioned by the medical doctor Iom (Nairobi) that she must reschedule her interview. She will be denied Visa if she attends without medical results.
She emailed Nairobi embassy and was informed she can only reschedule after missing her appointment.
Personally I thought that she could attend go on A. P awaiting medical results which will be ready last week of july.
We are almost towards the end of the fiscal year, and I think rescheduling might be tricky. Forum moderators please advice,

We've had this issue before, with IOM advising people to reschedule and then the people have not been able to and missed out. In your friend's case, I would agree with you and strongly suggest she still attend the interview. For this thing you are correct that she will be put on AP, not denied instantly. It is really bad of IOM to give this misleading info.

Reactions: Mi4
We've had this issue before, with IOM advising people to reschedule and then the people have not been able to and missed out. In your friend's case, I would agree with you and strongly suggest she still attend the interview. For this thing you are correct that she will be put on AP, not denied instantly. It is really bad of IOM to give this misleading info.
Thanks a lot,

Your friend should feign ignorance and attend the interview as scheduled.

Yes, indeed, the friend should not start saying "IOM said this but" or anything like that - just show up - and if asked for the medicals or why they are not there (is it correct that IOM sends them direct to the embassy there?) just say something like they are waiting for sputum results.

Thanks for your advice, Good news they will be attending interview.
Iom sends medicals direct to Nairobi embassy. And she will state if asked " waiting for sputum results"

let me share our experience friend, we conducted our (family) interview on may 9 with out the principal applicant's medical file due to doctors order sputum examination.the interview was OK and tell us to send the medical result via DHL service and now we are on Ap and waiting the medical result. so your friend better to take an interview rather than missing/postponing.

Would love to know how this worked as I am in a similar situation. Attended medical last week and am to do the sputum exam. My interview is in April.