• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Urgent help…. KCC DV 2022 further DV documents required

Ava Caine

Got email from KCC DV with request for further documents on 8/9/2021 (9th of August)
- I send all the required documents to kccdvdocuments@state.gov
- Got automatic reply “The Kentucky Consular Center (KCC) has received your email and is currently processing your documents.”
- Then i got same email from KCC DV on 8/10/2021 (10th of August)
❗️I noticed that there was a typo in first email saying “Congratulations on your selection for the 2021 Diversity Visa program! “ even though I am a winner of DV Lottery 2022. Second email I got was corrected and said “Congratulations on your selection for the 2022 Diversity Visa program!”
- My case number and all the information was correct in both emails.

Please let me know if anyone got this issue? Do you guys think I need to send documents again?

So basically KCC realized the error in the first document request email they sent you and followed up the next day with a new email containing the correct DV year. It is as simple as that, not sure why you are panicking. No harm in sending the documents again or not sending if you decide not to, they will still process the documents you already sent - provided you followed the instructions they provided you with.

p.s. There is really nothing 'urgent' about this question

So basically KCC realized the error in the first document request email they sent you and followed up the next day with a new email containing the correct DV year. It is as simple as that, not sure why you are panicking. No harm in sending the documents again or not sending if you decide not to, they will still process the documents you already sent - provided you followed the instructions they provided you with.

Thank you for the response. Just got worried because it really important for me.

Got email from KCC DV with request for further documents on 8/9/2021 (9th of August)
- I send all the required documents to kccdvdocuments@state.gov
- Got automatic reply “The Kentucky Consular Center (KCC) has received your email and is currently processing your documents.”
- Then i got same email from KCC DV on 8/10/2021 (10th of August)
❗️I noticed that there was a typo in first email saying “Congratulations on your selection for the 2021 Diversity Visa program! “ even though I am a winner of DV Lottery 2022. Second email I got was corrected and said “Congratulations on your selection for the 2022 Diversity Visa program!”
- My case number and all the information was correct in both emails.

Please let me know if anyone got this issue? Do you guys think I need to send documents again?
Congratulations... I wish I can receive such an email from KCC sooner (DV 2022).

I got a similar email and in my case, they were exactly the same with each other.
I got the first email requesting documents on 20/09/2021. I sent the documents 24 hours after receiving the email. The second email with the same request for documents came in again on 28/09/2021.

I even did a word count to further compare and still realized they had the same amount of words.
I'm not sure if to resend, contact KCC, or what? Please share your thoughts and further experiences.

PS: I'm a DV2022 winner.
Thank you.

When you submitted ds 260
I got a similar email and in my case, they were exactly the same with each other.
I got the first email requesting documents on 20/09/2021. I sent the documents 24 hours after receiving the email. The second email with the same request for documents came in again on 28/09/2021.

I even did a word count to further compare and still realized they had the same amount of words.
I'm not sure if to resend, contact KCC, or what? Please share your thoughts and further experiences.

Thank you.

Thank you.
Maybe KCC think you haven’t sent the correct documents or something is missing from what you sent? Anyway, just check what you sent, go through the instructions they provided you with, and make sure you follow it exactly as written then re-send your documents.

Maybe KCC think you haven’t sent the correct documents or something is missing from what you sent? Anyway, just check what you sent, go through the instructions they provided you with, and make sure you follow it exactly as written then re-send your documents.
Thanks for your suggestions.
I followed the instructions quite well.
And my documents were very straightforward. I think if any of the documents were missing, they'll actually write and ask for that one instead of a generic email. I'll continue looking at how to sort this out. I'll definitely write to them or cal.

Thanks for your suggestions.
I followed the instructions quite well.
And my documents were very straightforward. I think if any of the documents were missing, they'll actually write and ask for that one instead of a generic email. I'll continue looking at how to sort this out. I'll definitely write to them or cal.
Nope, KCC does not write to ask for specific documents if they are missing. Good luck getting a response from writing or calling them.

Hello, I submitted our docs 4 weeks ago and got a request for more documents today. After I originally sent them, I read a reply by Britsimon to someone else regarding their marriage certificate, you should send a copy with your name as the file name and a copy with your spouses name as the file name. I had sent one copy with both our names as the total file name. So one doc instead of two. Yes, my mistake, but I thought I would leave it for 3-4 weeks and see if they contact me, we’ll they did. The frustrating part is that it is a generic email, with no specific details. So I fixed the marriage certificate problem, but the email also contained the following paragraph:
If you have questions about required documents, please go to U.S. Visa: Reciprocity and Civil Documents by Country and select the country that issued your civil document(s).
so I selected Australia, my country and thoroughly read all the info. The only other thing I could find was about citizenship certificates. My wife was born in the U.K. (came to Australia at age 3) but became an Australian citizen many years ago, so I added this doc as well.
What makes me mad is that this paragraph is not included in the original doc request email.
Apart from the marriage certificate issue, all other docs originally submitted were to the letter of the request.
Has anyone else had similar experience, did I need to send the citizenship doc or do you think it was just the marriage certificate?
I have now sent everything again, tried to call KCC, they don’t answer. So I emailed them these questions, but that will take 6 weeks for a reply.

Hello, I submitted our docs 4 weeks ago and got a request for more documents today. After I originally sent them, I read a reply by Britsimon to someone else regarding their marriage certificate, you should send a copy with your name as the file name and a copy with your spouses name as the file name. I had sent one copy with both our names as the total file name. So one doc instead of two. Yes, my mistake, but I thought I would leave it for 3-4 weeks and see if they contact me, we’ll they did. The frustrating part is that it is a generic email, with no specific details. So I fixed the marriage certificate problem, but the email also contained the following paragraph:
If you have questions about required documents, please go to U.S. Visa: Reciprocity and Civil Documents by Country and select the country that issued your civil document(s).
so I selected Australia, my country and thoroughly read all the info. The only other thing I could find was about citizenship certificates. My wife was born in the U.K. (came to Australia at age 3) but became an Australian citizen many years ago, so I added this doc as well.
What makes me mad is that this paragraph is not included in the original doc request email.
Apart from the marriage certificate issue, all other docs originally submitted were to the letter of the request.
Has anyone else had similar experience, did I need to send the citizenship doc or do you think it was just the marriage certificate?
I have now sent everything again, tried to call KCC, they don’t answer. So I emailed them these questions, but that will take 6 weeks for a reply.
The citizenship certificate is not required. The reference to the Reciprocity page is to ensure applicants are sending the right set of required documents issued by the applicable custodial authority.

For instance some people don’t seem to understand there’s a difference between the short form birth certificate that might have been issued by the hospital where they were born and the long form birth certificate issued by a government authority in their country of birth. The long form birth certificate is the acceptable birth certificate in this case, checking the reciprocity page will confirm that.

The citizenship certificate is not required. The reference to the Reciprocity page is to ensure applicants are sending the right set of required documents issued by the applicable custodial authority.

For instance some people don’t seem to understand there’s a difference between the short form birth certificate that might have been issued by the hospital where they were born and the long form birth certificate issued by a government authority in their country of birth. The long form birth certificate is the acceptable birth certificate in this case, checking the reciprocity page will confirm that.
Thank you for clearing that up, I appreciate your help.
Both our birth certificates are long form, as in they contain both parents names. So I don’t think that’s what they are referring to. Hopefully it was only the marriage certificate.

Last edited:
Both our birth certificates are long form, as in they contain both parents names. So I don’t think that’s what they are referring to. Hopefully it was only the marriage certificate.
I never said the b/c was what they were referring to in your case. I merely used that as an example. The reciprocity page can be used to check for other documents too including marriage certificates, police clearance certificates, etc.

There are different police certificates available in Australia, I assume you checked the reciprocity tables to ensure you have the correct one?
Anyway the point mom was making was that the onus is on you to ensure you have complied with (1) the page/email that tells you which documents are required and (2) that you have the correct form of each of those. KCC cannot be spending time detailing to fifty thousand people which particular document/s they may have got wrong and how to fix it, hence the generic email if something is not the right document or one is missing.

There are different police certificates available in Australia, I assume you checked the reciprocity tables to ensure you have the correct one?
Anyway the point mom was making was that the onus is on you to ensure you have complied with (1) the page/email that tells you which documents are required and (2) that you have the correct form of each of those. KCC cannot be spending time detailing to fifty thousand people which particular document/s they may have got wrong and how to fix it, hence the generic email if something is not the right document or one is missing.
I understand, mom, I wasn’t implying that you were referring to the B/C, what I appreciated was that you helped me understand the full reason for the link to the reciprocity page.
Yes Susie the police certificates are the correct ones, I originally did a lot of research into that. Even rang the Australian Federal Police who confirmed how to request the correct certificates for the U.S.
Our birth certificates are both long form (my wife’s is hand written on an offical form, I can only assume that how they did it in 1967)
No military or criminal history.
The passport photos are straight forward.
All files are named correctly.
Hence the reason I assumed the marriage certificates were my issue.
Again, I sincerely appreciate everyone’s help, this seems like a simple and straightforward process, but even after reading the instructions for what seems like hundreds of times, it’s still easy to misunderstand something

Hi guys. Please help. In the event that the husband is the winner of the lottery, should the wife send her expired and new passport with a letter explaining the renewal of the passport? Knowing that when filling out her ds260, she put the passport number that has now expired. And does she also have to send a certificate of the police. thank you very m

Thank you.
So I had the option to send or not to send the same email again. First of all I made sure that all sent documents are correct. I made a decision not to send the email with my documents again. I patiently waited for 6 weeks as asked by KCC in their email. At the end of week 6 I got my DQ email.

I my situation: As the admins suggested that it doesn’t really matter to send or not to send the documents again. I could just advise you to make that decision yourself

I hope you will get your DQ fast

So I had the option to send or not to send the same email again. First of all I made sure that all sent documents are correct. I made a decision not to send the email with my documents again. I patiently waited for 6 weeks as asked by KCC in their email. At the end of week 6 I got my DQ email.

I my situation: As the admins suggested that it doesn’t really matter to send or not to send the documents again. I could just advise you to make that decision yourself

I hope you will get your DQ fast
Thank you. This is really helpful. I'll have to double-check my documents and then make the decision to send or not to send. And then patiently wait to see the outcome.