Urgent: Family Emergency back to COP/China

betty33

Registered Users (C)
I have family emergency and need to travel back to COP (China). I got my GC through asylum this August. I have no idea if I can use my NP and GC in CHINA. Is there a problem if I use my GC with AS06 at Chinese airport? Could you share your experience in Beijing/China? I have documents to back up the emergency travel for the US side but I am not sure if I might have trouble with Chinese side for showing my AS06 green card. Your sharing is greatly appreciated. Betty

betty33 said:
I have family emergency and need to travel back to COP (China). I got my GC through asylum this August. I have no idea if I can use my NP and GC in CHINA. Is there a problem if I use my GC with AS06 at Chinese airport? Could you share your experience in Beijing/China? I have documents to back up the emergency travel for the US side but I am not sure if I might have trouble with Chinese side for showing my AS06 green card. Your sharing is greatly appreciated. Betty

You would more be in trouble on chinese side than on US side. Plus you try to obtain a chinese passport with GC with AS6 on it, they don't issue you one unless you sign a statement that your asylum was false.
Its difficult until you become a citizen.

Thank you for your reply, Lazerthegreat. I have a valid NP and just wonder if the officers at Beijing Airport will give me trouble if they see my green card with AS06. I am in an urgent situation and need to make this trip to China ASAP. Can someone share your real experience in China? Thanks a lot!!! Betty

Maybe you can ask your Chinese friends who have a valid NP and GC too if China check their GC.

betty33 said:
Thank you for your reply, Lazerthegreat. I have a valid NP and just wonder if the officers at Beijing Airport will give me trouble if they see my green card with AS06. I am in an urgent situation and need to make this trip to China ASAP. Can someone share your real experience in China? Thanks a lot!!! Betty

Chinese officials are notorious for detaining people whenever they suspect that one of their "old" nationals have defamed their country. So be careful about this fact of traveling to china with AS6. They don't mess with chinese americans but they usually don't care about PRs.

And if you are in trouble there then you would be an orphan my friend!! even if they release you to american authorities, they will ask you why you went back. You don't want to be trapped between two governments.

betty33 said:

Betty:
Can your emergency be handled from Hong Kong? I know China is a huge country, but if you can do this close to the mainland, but without going there, you might be OK.

Good luck.

Thank you

Thank you for your reply!!

Zzzf, I do not have any friends obtaining their GC through asylum. That is why I found this forum is so valuable to me. I was hoping someone can share their real experience about dealing with the Chinese officers at the airport.

Lazerthegreat, I do have a legitimate reason of going back to COP. The only thing I worry now is to have deal with China side.

Floyd, thank you for your advise on HongKong. But HK is part of China, so I do not think it will help much.

Thanks,
Betty

betty33 said:

Zzzf, I do not have any friends obtaining their GC through asylum. That is why I found this forum is so valuable to me. I was hoping someone can share their real experience about dealing with the Chinese officers at the airport.

Lazerthegreat, I do have a legitimate reason of going back to COP. The only thing I worry now is to have deal with China side.

Floyd, thank you for your advise on HongKong. But HK is part of China, so I do not think it will help much.

Thanks,
Betty

Hong Kong is different from the Mainland.

betty33 said:

Thanks,
Betty

I am not worried about you getting back to US. I am worried about chinese authorities giving you hard time (detaining etc.). How will you convince chinese that you had legitimate reasons to apply for asylum in the first place?

Do anyone have applied for a reentry permit before? If it does not have immigration code on the document, then you should be safe to apply for one and use it while existing China.

amtbooks said:
Do anyone have applied for a reentry permit before? If it does not have immigration code on the document, then you should be safe to apply for one and use it while existing China.

Thank you amtbooks. I thought about reentry permit or advanced parole. But I am not sure if there are codes on them or if China accepts it. Betty

Betty,
I remember seeing someone just got the RP. Probably you could check with him/her if there is any unwanted code on it.

I got the AP this year, there is no code on it. I just not sure about the reentry permit.

betty33 said:
Thank you amtbooks. I thought about reentry permit or advanced parole. But I am not sure if there are codes on them or if China accepts it. Betty

Don't go back to Chine brother
Chine is the most burtal government they have a all information about you.
Just pray for them here, God will help them not you